Manly's $400,000 windfall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
Take a game to New Guinea. My guess is that the government up there would pay a million for a game. Plenty of Manly fans up there too.

Stuff that! Bring a game to Canberra - there are quite a few Manly fans down here.... It's been 4 years :mad:

DSM5 said:
Take a game to New Guinea. My guess is that the government up there would pay a million for a game. Plenty of Manly fans up there too.

Stuff that! Bring a game to Canberra - there are quite a few Manly fans down here.... It's been 4 years :mad:

Phantar said:
I hope you're not setting yourself up as the James Magnussen of the coaching ranks!

When my presence enters the first grade coaching ranks the NRL will introduce a salary cap including coaches.

My beyond this world technical talents will create the first club dynasty in modern times lowering TV ratings and forcing the spread of my talent over many clubs so that interest is returned to pre TC levels.

Phantar said:
I hope you're not setting yourself up as the James Magnussen of the coaching ranks!

When my presence enters the first grade coaching ranks the NRL will introduce a salary cap including coaches.

My beyond this world technical talents will create the first club dynasty in modern times lowering TV ratings and forcing the spread of my talent over many clubs so that interest is returned to pre TC levels.

Normie said:
DSM5 said:

I'm with you Normie. There are a few of us. From memory that last one was a monday nighter when Cuthbo got sent off and we held kick away from them in the second half as well.

Normie said:
DSM5 said:

I'm with you Normie. There are a few of us. From memory that last one was a monday nighter when Cuthbo got sent off and we held kick away from them in the second half as well.

Technical Coach said:
I would not be reading too much into these figures in terms of the real benefit.

I'm sure playing away from Brookie is financially rewarding but the figures stated are more to convince the supporters it's the right thing to do---i have always been in favour though so it's of no concern to me.

In the end it's in Manly's interests to exaggerate the windfall which in turn will hopefully convince more fans/member/officials it's the right thing to do.

I was actually disappointed the "Monday" night Melb game was not taken away. The current intense rivalry should have been capitalised on while we are a competitive outfit---once we start to struggle these financial incentives will no longer be put on the table. The rivalry that has been built up over the past 5yrs will fade like every other until we are competitive again.

Was the decision to play the Warriors in Perth partly made due to the scheduling of the Melb game on Monday.(was the option to play Melb or the Warriors in Perth on a Monday on offer--- i doubt it just asking)

I'm under the impression that Manly caved in to supporters wanting the Melb game at home and chose the Warriors game as the next best option.- If the Melb game was always going to be on a Monday i doubt the supporters would of cared if that game was taken to Perth.

The call by the broacasters that placed the Manly vs Melbourne match on a Monday was after the club had confirmed they would leave this one at Brookvale.

As somebody that happily alludes to being 'well placed', I'd have thought you'd know that locations must be settled prior to scheduling, to avoid any potential conflict with the likes of Union and AFL games; in this case the Force, West Coast and Freo playing out of the Perth options.

Technical Coach said:
I would not be reading too much into these figures in terms of the real benefit.

I'm sure playing away from Brookie is financially rewarding but the figures stated are more to convince the supporters it's the right thing to do---i have always been in favour though so it's of no concern to me.

In the end it's in Manly's interests to exaggerate the windfall which in turn will hopefully convince more fans/member/officials it's the right thing to do.

I was actually disappointed the "Monday" night Melb game was not taken away. The current intense rivalry should have been capitalised on while we are a competitive outfit---once we start to struggle these financial incentives will no longer be put on the table. The rivalry that has been built up over the past 5yrs will fade like every other until we are competitive again.

Was the decision to play the Warriors in Perth partly made due to the scheduling of the Melb game on Monday.(was the option to play Melb or the Warriors in Perth on a Monday on offer--- i doubt it just asking)

I'm under the impression that Manly caved in to supporters wanting the Melb game at home and chose the Warriors game as the next best option.- If the Melb game was always going to be on a Monday i doubt the supporters would of cared if that game was taken to Perth.

The call by the broacasters that placed the Manly vs Melbourne match on a Monday was after the club had confirmed they would leave this one at Brookvale.

As somebody that happily alludes to being 'well placed', I'd have thought you'd know that locations must be settled prior to scheduling, to avoid any potential conflict with the likes of Union and AFL games; in this case the Force, West Coast and Freo playing out of the Perth options.

Hamster are you dreaming or mixing me up with some other person, i have not once stated or "happily alludes" to being well placed.

Find one comment i have made which has suggested this.

I've been linked to a variety of names since joining might be time to put up a profile pic----then again who needs stalkers.

Hamster are you dreaming or mixing me up with some other person, i have not once stated or "happily alludes" to being well placed.

Find one comment i have made which has suggested this.

I've been linked to a variety of names since joining might be time to put up a profile pic----then again who needs stalkers.

Technical Coach said:

Hollywood starlets!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7