Manly's $400,000 windfall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
NRL Sea Eagles:
Rugby League

1 Aug 12 @ 12:00am by Jon Geddes

The Sea Eagles were winners on and off the field against the Warriors in Perth

THE Sea Eagles are set to reap a $400,000 bonanza from moving last Saturday's NRL game against the Warriors to Perth.

While a lot of fans were unhappy about the decision to move a home game away from Brookvale, the Manly Daily understands it produced a financial windfall four times greater than would have been chieved if the game was played on the peninsula.

Sea Eagles COO David Perry would not disclose the exact figures involved yesterday.

``The game met all commercial expectations,'' Perry said.

``You have to take risks in the environment we are currently in and going to Perth was a risk. If we lost the match unfortunately possibly I would have got blamed for it.''

But Perry said that he had a responsibility to maximise all of the commercial opportunities.

``I made that decision with the support of the coaching staff, understanding that wasn't their first priority.''

Perry said the squad members were fantastic ambassadors during the trip, engaging in hospital visits and coaching clinics. And Perry had a simple message for the Sea Eagles fanbase with two home games left before the play-offs.

``It's coming to the critical time of the year where we really need all our supporters and members to turn up and we need momentum heading into the finals,'' Perry said. ``We are winning close games, which is important, but not playing at our best.

``We are hoping to reach the point pretty soon when we are peaking.''

Meanwhile, backrower Anthony Watmough will appear before the judiciary tonight to dispute the grading of a dangerous contact charge after an alleged ``chicken wing'' tackle in the Warriors game.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-manlys-400-000-bonanza/

NRL Sea Eagles:
Rugby League

1 Aug 12 @ 12:00am by Jon Geddes

The Sea Eagles were winners on and off the field against the Warriors in Perth

THE Sea Eagles are set to reap a $400,000 bonanza from moving last Saturday's NRL game against the Warriors to Perth.

While a lot of fans were unhappy about the decision to move a home game away from Brookvale, the Manly Daily understands it produced a financial windfall four times greater than would have been chieved if the game was played on the peninsula.

Sea Eagles COO David Perry would not disclose the exact figures involved yesterday.

``The game met all commercial expectations,'' Perry said.

``You have to take risks in the environment we are currently in and going to Perth was a risk. If we lost the match unfortunately possibly I would have got blamed for it.''

But Perry said that he had a responsibility to maximise all of the commercial opportunities.

``I made that decision with the support of the coaching staff, understanding that wasn't their first priority.''

Perry said the squad members were fantastic ambassadors during the trip, engaging in hospital visits and coaching clinics. And Perry had a simple message for the Sea Eagles fanbase with two home games left before the play-offs.

``It's coming to the critical time of the year where we really need all our supporters and members to turn up and we need momentum heading into the finals,'' Perry said. ``We are winning close games, which is important, but not playing at our best.

``We are hoping to reach the point pretty soon when we are peaking.''

Meanwhile, backrower Anthony Watmough will appear before the judiciary tonight to dispute the grading of a dangerous contact charge after an alleged ``chicken wing'' tackle in the Warriors game.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-manlys-400-000-bonanza/

Don't expect too many responses, Swoop. The story is not negative enough for some.

Don't expect too many responses, Swoop. The story is not negative enough for some.

swoop said:
I would have prefered that King didnt do the hospital visit. I guess it counts as PR work. That is good positive spin

swoop said:
I would have prefered that King didnt do the hospital visit. I guess it counts as PR work. That is good positive spin

Napper said:
Good stuff. Any idea what sort of money the club makes taking home games to bluetongue?

I asked this question in another thread Napper, it would be interesting to know. I think we got about 17,000 to the game against the Tigers at Bluetongue in round 2.

Napper said:
Good stuff. Any idea what sort of money the club makes taking home games to bluetongue?

I asked this question in another thread Napper, it would be interesting to know. I think we got about 17,000 to the game against the Tigers at Bluetongue in round 2.

Pretty sure the agreement with Bluetongue is they pay the Sea Eagles $100,000 for each game played up here, and the NRL gave us $200,000 plus the profit from gate takings for the game in Perth.

Pretty sure the agreement with Bluetongue is they pay the Sea Eagles $100,000 for each game played up here, and the NRL gave us $200,000 plus the profit from gate takings for the game in Perth.

Taking a few games away a year is okay with me. Maximise the income for the club and possibly take it into a malnourished rugby league area.

Plus my wallet and fitness like the benefits of not having copious amounts of $6 cans of New every now and then.

Taking a few games away a year is okay with me. Maximise the income for the club and possibly take it into a malnourished rugby league area.

Plus my wallet and fitness like the benefits of not having copious amounts of $6 cans of New every now and then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4