Manly's $400,000 windfall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good, Im pleased the club is doing this. Maybe Warringah Council should note the financial hit by us taking a home game elsewhere.

EagleRock40 said:
Pretty sure the agreement with Bluetongue is they pay the Sea Eagles $100,000 for each game played up here, and the NRL gave us $200,000 plus the profit from gate takings for the game in Perth.

This is not correct. I'm not privvy to all the financial terms, however the NRL did not subsidise the game to anywhere even close to that extent. The revenue David refers to in the article is money we as a club made from ticket sales alone.

EagleRock40 said:
Pretty sure the agreement with Bluetongue is they pay the Sea Eagles $100,000 for each game played up here, and the NRL gave us $200,000 plus the profit from gate takings for the game in Perth.

This is not correct. I'm not privvy to all the financial terms, however the NRL did not subsidise the game to anywhere even close to that extent. The revenue David refers to in the article is money we as a club made from ticket sales alone.

I'm actually not against taking a few more games away from Brookie in the short term at least anyway. Time to play a game of chicken with council.

I'm actually not against taking a few more games away from Brookie in the short term at least anyway. Time to play a game of chicken with council.

I'd take a home game against Titans up to Mackay like the dogs did against storm. Would be a good move as we just dont get enough in Sydney when we play Titans,Cows,Raiders. Broncos to Suncorp another must do. We own them up there.

I'd take a home game against Titans up to Mackay like the dogs did against storm. Would be a good move as we just dont get enough in Sydney when we play Titans,Cows,Raiders. Broncos to Suncorp another must do. We own them up there.

great work by the club. 1 game makes 4 games profit! More games away and Manly will even make a profit!

great work by the club. 1 game makes 4 games profit! More games away and Manly will even make a profit!

We automatically take 2 games away every year, and have been since at least 2007. Therefore, why not go to places where we will make the highest amount of profit? If you are going to do it anyway, might as well take advantage of it.

We used to take 2 games to Gosford. Now we take 1 to Gosford and take the other game somewhere that will give us a handsome profit. No arguments from me in regards to this as it keeps my club financial until the TV deal comes through.

Jatz Crackers said:
Good, Im pleased the club is doing this. Maybe Warringah Council should note the financial hit taken by us taking a home game elsewhere.

The current council doesn't give a ****. This is understandable because the last council elections no one knew who was running. This time around I am paying very close attention and will be asking a few of the insiders at the club who TRUELY believes the club must stay.

We automatically take 2 games away every year, and have been since at least 2007. Therefore, why not go to places where we will make the highest amount of profit? If you are going to do it anyway, might as well take advantage of it.

We used to take 2 games to Gosford. Now we take 1 to Gosford and take the other game somewhere that will give us a handsome profit. No arguments from me in regards to this as it keeps my club financial until the TV deal comes through.

Jatz Crackers said:
Good, Im pleased the club is doing this. Maybe Warringah Council should note the financial hit taken by us taking a home game elsewhere.

The current council doesn't give a ****. This is understandable because the last council elections no one knew who was running. This time around I am paying very close attention and will be asking a few of the insiders at the club who TRUELY believes the club must stay.

Jono said:

Jatz Crackers said:

The current council doesn't give a s**t. This is understandable because the last council elections no one knew who was running. This time around I am paying very close attention and will be asking a few of the insiders at the club who TRUELY believes the club must stay.

I'd be happy with it going into next decade because we don't need to just hang on, we need a reserve and eventually one day buy or club back for the members, private ownership its to much responsibility in one set of hands and having it in 2 sets of hands is plain hazardous!

Jono said:

Jatz Crackers said:

The current council doesn't give a s**t. This is understandable because the last council elections no one knew who was running. This time around I am paying very close attention and will be asking a few of the insiders at the club who TRUELY believes the club must stay.

I'd be happy with it going into next decade because we don't need to just hang on, we need a reserve and eventually one day buy or club back for the members, private ownership its to much responsibility in one set of hands and having it in 2 sets of hands is plain hazardous!

The Eagle said:
Jono said:

Jatz Crackers said:

Why Shane, I believe you may have got your MOJO back.

The Eagle said:
Jono said:

Jatz Crackers said:

Why Shane, I believe you may have got your MOJO back.

Masked Eagle said:

Take it to the Sunny Coast, or play it here at Seagulls bahahaha

Seriously though I would go to the sunny coast if a game were on

Masked Eagle said:

Take it to the Sunny Coast, or play it here at Seagulls bahahaha

Seriously though I would go to the sunny coast if a game were on

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4