Manly Will Finish 2nd After 26 Rounds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where Will Manly Finish After 26 Rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lets be realistic. Barring some exceptional turn around, Manly are still in my mind heading to between 5th and 10th with 7th-8th the most probable.

I'm the one being realistic!!

10-12........but if we get a turnaround 8-9 possible.

Anything higher is just dreaming, but I think we are better than a few of the sides this year so see 12th as most likely!!

Lets be realistic. Barring some exceptional turn around, Manly are still in my mind heading to between 5th and 10th with 7th-8th the most probable.
That I agree with, although the heights will be top 4

I'm the one being realistic!!

10-12........but if we get a turnaround 8-9 possible.

Anything higher is just dreaming, but I think we are better than a few of the sides this year so see 12th as most likely!!

Cant see it Mark, unless Manly cop an injury toll comparable to last year. They look a better combination this year.

Just looking at the results so far they were thrashed by Souths and St George, but against Souths, like their loss to the Eels they had 50% less ball. They have so far played five teams presently in the 8 and beaten three, two by a thrashing. They have the fourth best attack so far. Their loss to the Storm was no serious failure and they came close to winning after what looked an easy win for the Storm in the first half. Those are no poor efforts and suggest a team at least in the middle of the pack. And I think Manly will get better as the combinations develop (dont forget there are three new players in the backline).

Of course Mark its all impressions at this stage I agree. But I dont see this as a 12th ranked side. They remind me of a 4 cylinder car spluttering occasionally on 3 cylinders. The talent is there. It just has to achieve consistency. 7-8 for mine.

Cant see it Mark, unless Manly cop an injury toll comparable to last year. They look a better combination this year.

Just looking at the results so far they were thrashed by Souths and St George, but against Souths, like their loss to the Eels they had 50% less ball. They have so far played five teams presently in the 8 and beaten three, two by a thrashing. They have the fourth best attack so far. Their loss to the Storm was no serious failure and they came close to winning after what looked an easy win for the Storm in the first half. Those are no poor efforts and suggest a team at least in the middle of the pack. And I think Manly will get better as the combinations develop (dont forget there are three new players in the backline).

Of course Mark its all impressions at this stage I agree. But I dont see this as a 12th ranked side. They remind me of a 4 cylinder car spluttering occasionally on 3 cylinders. The talent is there. It just has to achieve consistency. 7-8 for mine.

I hope you are right buddy, but I like to " aim low and not be dissapointed" these days rather than the opposite.

Note though I'm aiming my prediction around what other sides are doing as well.

We have improved , and will get better, but so will other sides.

I hope you are right buddy, but I like to " aim low and not be dissapointed" these days rather than the opposite.

Note though I'm aiming my prediction around what other sides are doing as well.

We have improved , and will get better, but so will other sides.

But Mark, I have to ask. Is aiming low, realistic or pessimistic? Is your glass half full?. Mine's just half a glass. Sort of Goldilocks level. Not too full and not too empty.

But Mark, I have to ask. Is aiming low, realistic or pessimistic? Is your glass half full?. Mine's just half a glass. Sort of Goldilocks level. Not too full and not too empty.

Fair point, call it what you want but in my view many of the sides currently below us have potentially more improvement than we do.

Panthers ( touted by many as top 2 at the start of the year), will finish above.

Eels, hate to say it but a better roster than ours, will finish above.

Warriors , mixed bag, could improve but may finish below us.

Bunnies , will be up and down, probably finish below us.

Titans , will win more games when injured players return, should finish above but could be below.

Tigers, a basket case, possibly spoon bound.

Knights, will improve but probably still below us.

Now immediately above us are,

Cowboys, missing Thurston and SOO still to come, may in fact miss the 8 but doubt it.

Whilst we did beat the Roosters above us I can't see us troubling any of the others.

SO
As I see it most of those above we can't beat ( consistently anyway).

And many of those below should improve.

If that's being pessimistic then that's what it is but I'll continue to call it realistic!!

Fair point, call it what you want but in my view many of the sides currently below us have potentially more improvement than we do.

Panthers ( touted by many as top 2 at the start of the year), will finish above.

Eels, hate to say it but a better roster than ours, will finish above.

Warriors , mixed bag, could improve but may finish below us.

Bunnies , will be up and down, probably finish below us.

Titans , will win more games when injured players return, should finish above but could be below.

Tigers, a basket case, possibly spoon bound.

Knights, will improve but probably still below us.

Now immediately above us are,

Cowboys, missing Thurston and SOO still to come, may in fact miss the 8 but doubt it.

Whilst we did beat the Roosters above us I can't see us troubling any of the others.

SO
As I see it most of those above we can't beat ( consistently anyway).

And many of those below should improve.

If that's being pessimistic then that's what it is but I'll continue to call it realistic!!
I disagree mark, sure we have looked absolutely shizenhousen of late except no one in the nrl, no one, could comeback against the storm from 30-12 and almost win the match. We have pumped the Cows, Dogs and grinded out the Roosters in three consecutive weeks. We are just lacking experience and effort. With that we can be one of the best sides in the comp. it's just a case of whether we can get that back

I disagree mark, sure we have looked absolutely shizenhousen of late except no one in the nrl, no one, could comeback against the storm from 30-12 and almost win the match. We have pumped the Cows, Dogs and grinded out the Roosters in three consecutive weeks. We are just lacking experience and effort. With that we can be one of the best sides in the comp. it's just a case of whether we can get that back

We will win a few Harry, but it's the issue of consistency, and consistency against top 8 sides, that's why I'm saying what I am!!

Anyway let's see, you think top 4, I think bottom 4 or maybe a few positions higher.

Let's revisit in round 26!!!

We will win a few Harry, but it's the issue of consistency, and consistency against top 8 sides, that's why I'm saying what I am!!

Anyway let's see, you think top 4, I think bottom 4 or maybe a few positions higher.

Let's revisit in round 26!!!
Yup definitely, although I think 6th, I believe top 4 is as high as we can go (3rd or 4th highest)

Aah, the optimism of youth. Such a beautiful thing...until it's stoned to death by life.
Keep it going Harry, you never know, it might rub off on some of us old buggars!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6