Manly Will Finish 2nd After 26 Rounds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where Will Manly Finish After 26 Rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're all forgetting one vital fact. There's a bald headed co*ksmoker sitting at the head of all this who'll stop at nothing to make sure we don't come anywhere near the top 4. 8-12 position at best even though we'll deserve top 4. Isn't it great to feel we can go into any game now and be confident we can beat any team.

I'll be happy if we make the 8. I was watching the Sunday Footy Show this morning (I was really bored) and all of the journalists in the second half of the show, don't actually know who they are, basically said we will see the real Manly with injuries and Origin because we have no depth. There was also a comment that we beat the roosters due to the weather and that the bulldogs were bad enough to beat themselves. Gotta love the hate.

We're there to play at the moment, after the Rabbits game I said no team fears us in the NRL, 3 weeks later and that's totally flipped. Taking out the Rorters has us over the radar for sure.

As for the rest of the season allot will depend on injuries and Origin selections as we really don't have great depth. If our established team can stay injury free (and Big Marty can avoid the MRC) we're in the 8 based on the last few weeks effort for sure.

Definitely more promise than last season, top 8 with some consistency and luck with injuries.

But I do agree re injuries and Origin, and they are right , due to effectively being less two players our depth is very shallow.

Saints are second having won 4.

They have a pretty good claim

Next week Manly are paying $1.60 and the Dragons $2.30. With Darcy coming back I think the bookies have it right. Shut down Widdop and they don't have much else to offer in attack especially with Dugan out. And with our recent record at Lotto Land, I think the players will have a point to prove to the faithful.

Wow, we must be going well if we are going to have that many Origin reps this year. Who are you thinking ?? Tommy Turbo, Walker, Jake Turbo, Myles, DCE ?

That would obviously be best case scenario but i think we will be looking at a minimum of three if we continue like this.

Next week Manly are paying $1.60 and the Dragons $2.30. With Darcy coming back I think the bookies have it right. Shut down Widdop and they don't have much else to offer in attack especially with Dugan out. And with our recent record at Lotto Land, I think the players will have a point to prove to the faithful.

Whilst we have had a tougher draw they are still playing well and yes Dugan out will hurt.

Bookies last week and against the Cows had us at over $3

I originally had us at 10th to 12th stop before the start of the season. Now I can see that if/when we have a slump in the year we have something to look at and say "if we can get back to that standard we can be very competitive". A run of injuries like we have had over last few years would sort us out as appears a little thin on back ups.

I originally had us at 10th to 12th stop before the start of the season. Now I can see that if/when we have a slump in the year we have something to look at and say "if we can get back to that standard we can be very competitive". A run of injuries like we have had over last few years would sort us out as appears a little thin on back ups.
If we get a run line the Cowboys had when they won their title we could well finish top 4.

But yes depth is the issue, especially as we are operating at 1.4 million less cap than the rest ( via our two retirees).

I still say we will finish up somewhere between 5th & 10th.

Well my growing optimism is now gone. Cleary & Des now signed up elsewhere leave us stuck with the slapper.

Where are you thinking now?
I think we are gaining experience (eg, against the bunnies we got ahead of ourselves and let them back in, didn't let that happen against the dogs and cowboys in following weeks)

Problem is it will take time to build experience, however, in saying this I still see a football side that can be one of the best in the comp. we smashed the cows, dogs and grinder out the chooks, then against the storm we came into the second half with the right mentality and won it 10-0 against the storm! Also in that clash we showed that we learnt from the previous match, that was not to panick when behind by plenty and we got ourselves back into the match.

Top 6 still I reckon, we score plenty of points, need to come with the right attitude to bring back that outstanding defence seen in rds 1,3,4 and 5 and the second half against melbourne

If you're compare us year on year under Baz, this year we have higher highs which means we have lower lows. Overall the bar has risen but it's still a young team prone to doing dumb **** but there is 100% more potential in this team than there was in last years. They just need time to gain resilience. The heart and skill is there it's a matter of playing with that over 80 minutes. Only question is whether it takes them a season to get there or rounds. The choppiness of the comp beyond a couple of standout teams means it may not matter. You could get into the finals being a team with a manic personality.

I still like way more than I dislike with this team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8