Manly Will Finish 2nd After 26 Rounds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where Will Manly Finish After 26 Rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danly Manly

Reserve Grader
My only goal at the start of 2017 was that we didn't win the spoon. The way it was looking 2017 was going to be rock bottom & it would not be until 2018 that any good would come.

But now look! We're not going to get the 2017 spoon & it is hard to see the club ever going as bad on and off field again that it ever will get the spoon.

I am thinking that come origin time, players such as Hastings, Schuster, Tom Wright, Parker, Perrett, Lane, Hoppa Jr etc will be eager to grab the opportunity by the balls and try and make their mark. For a lot of these players this may be their only opportunity to play in the top grade this season.

And we will only become stronger when Darcy Lussick returns and regains full match fitness.

He was easily our best forward for the majority of last season and i am sure that he will be itching to rip in and continue from where he left off.

This is probably where Hastings drops off the bench for now but i am sure he will cement a place somewhere in the squad at some stage.

Lewis Brown is doing ok for now and he brings a lot of experience and enthusiasm on to the field without setting the world on fire i guess.

I thought we'd finish out of the 8 and somewhere between 10-14th.

After our new found defence i'm quite happy to see us in the 8 but i'm not going off too early.

I'll say around 10th now as there are a lot of strong teams this year.

Hope i'm wrong but i'll say we'll just miss the 8.

Giving our home game to Brisbane could come back to bite us.

IF we lose that, could be a valuable 2 points and maybe 2 points that puts Brisbane in ahead of us. Commercially a good decision but in football terms, maybe not!

At the start of the year i thought anywhere in the top 8 would be a successful year, i think we have shown enough in the past few weeks to give me the confidence to say we will finish top 8 and if we get lucky with injuries perhaps even top 4.

I think Des and Tooves, where happy to have the team stay in touch of the top 4 but didn't push the guys to give a 110% every week and saved it for when it counts. But Barrett is more of a front runner I'm guessing and will be happy to be in the spot light. If we can beat an inform Roosters the sky is the limit. 2nd sounds about right depending on Cronulla wanting it again.

I am thinking that come origin time, players such as Hastings, Schuster, Tom Wright, Parker, Perrett, Lane, Hoppa Jr etc will be eager to grab the opportunity by the balls and try and make their mark. For a lot of these players this may be their only opportunity to play in the top grade this season.
Wow, we must be going well if we are going to have that many Origin reps this year. Who are you thinking ?? Tommy Turbo, Walker, Jake Turbo, Myles, DCE ?

Wow, we must be going well if we are going to have that many Origin reps this year. Who are you thinking ?? Tommy Turbo, Walker, Jake Turbo, Myles, DCE ?
I reckon that's actually quite possible now that I think about it, bit selfish but I bloody hope not!

You guys are really funny, absolute doom and gloom here 3 weeks ago and next minute we are Premiership favs!!!

Time for a bit of a reality check.

a) I agree we have played bloody well these last three games and proves we can do so.
b) But lets not forget we spent 2015-16 with the greatest injury toll I can remember AND we are just an injury or two (to key players) away from having another year like the last two.
c) And a good point above is SOO, a very big chance we could loose 3 maybe 4 players during this period, and the risk of injury to them increases four fold.
d) Three wins does NOT make a season, its 24 games, we've lost two won three, there's still 19 to go and ANYTHING can happen.
e) Yes we can dream about finishing top 2, top 4 or even top 8 but this is going to be a long hard road, a road this young team has never experienced as a group.

I predicted 12th at the start of the year (before kick off), Id be over the moon if I'm proved wrong, but I'm still sticking with about the 10-12 position based on all the factors above.

If we finish in the top 8 I will be one VERY happy camper.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6