Manly vs Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
This thread has gone off track. Back to the footy. We must watch Ennis. We can't afford to give the Germany latitude. We must keep him in Czech. Also, I hope they don't have some X factor winner Singapore rendition of the national anthem pre game. Spain a great season thus far for Manly so if you want GF tickets Denmark is the man to see. Hopefully Tooves won't blame the refs if we lose. That's what Costa Rica Stuart his Australian coaching job.
Get that India!

Seems you Moldova that post to get it right

Bahrain better stay away for Friday night or we'll all be Camerooned in the stadium and everyone will be China get under me umbrella. Gotta mow my lawn too, if Samoa starts. If it doesn't rain Denmark me down for a big night. Ethiopia that or i'm Ghana stay at home. Francey that! Israeli that easy. I asked my mate if he Rwanda go? He said Taiwan Togo. Kenya feel the anticipation i said? Somalia blokes wanted to go too. I said Peru blokes serious? They said Yemen. I said well i don't have enough tickets. Really don't wanna Kuwait till Friday. Kosovo have to wait i'll burst. Just saw an Eagle frying outside. It's an Oman. Get that India Doggies!!

@manlyseaeagles were the last team to defeat Canterbury at ANZ Stadium (Round 8) #GoManly #NRLFinals

Only once has Manly defeated Canterbury in a Finals clash (’76) #NRLFinals #NRLcbyman

@manlyseaeagles has won their past 5 games at @ANZStadium (undefeated since ’09) #GoManly #NRLFinals #GetThere

Congratulations to Steve Matai on 150 games for @manlyseaeagles ! (55 tries, 81 breaks, 1824 runs, 488 defenders pushed aside)

Featuring in the '95 Manly Grand Final lineup that lost to the @NRL_Bulldogs were Geoff Toovey (Halfback) & Des Hasler (Hooker) #NRLFinals

@manlyseaeagles has won 8 of their past 12 games against the Bulldogs #nrlFinals #GoManly

Canterbury haven't won a #NRLFinals game since '09 with just 2 wins since their ’04 Premiership #nrlcbyman

GeoffToovey is to join the great FrankStanton as the only men to make the Finals for @manlyseaeagles in their 1st seasons as player& coach

BULLDOGS coach Des Hasler has praised former apprentice Geoff Toovey for not "tinkering" with a winning formula at Brookvale this season.

Ahead of Friday night’s third instalment of Hasler’s rivalry with his old club, the two-time premiership winner also issued a deliberate reminder of Manly’s status as title favourites.

"They’ve not had to change too much," Hasler said.

"Toovs is smart for doing that. He’s not had to tinker with too much or change too much.

"They’ve had a tough year. They’ve had injuries and suspensions. They’ve shown resolve and resilience to make the finals.

“They’ll be a force to be contended with.

“I told you they were the benchmark but no-one would believe me.”

The finals opener also shapes as a decider of sorts between the two heavyweights, who’ve split their two encounters thus far.

Canterbury hold bragging rights after penetrating Fortress Brookvale six weeks ago, when they overcame a brutal bashing to win 22-12 despite losing Kris Keating and Sam Kasiono inside the first 20 minutes.

But Hasler said that feat counted for little.

“It was a great contest and we know the type of game it’s going to be,” Hasler said.

“We’ve (played) reasonable footy, but we’re going to have to take it up a notch against an outstanding Manly side.”

Tony Williams career vs Bulldogs; 6 games 0 tries, 0 try assists, 0 linebreak assists, 6 errors, 3 offloads, 1 linebreak #NRLFinals

Canterbury remain the only team in the league Tony Williams has never scored against (6 games) #DogBeatsDinosaur

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Jamie Lyon ©
4. Steve Matai
5. Dean Whare
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King ©
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart
Bench:
14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Joe Galuvao
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Vic Mauro
18. George Rose

I just sincerly hope we (as in Manly) get a good crowd along. Yep I know all the excuses (for Friday night / transport) and do understand all of those but if we don't other teams supporters will drown us out big time.

I would hate to see 8,000 Manly Supporters there and 50,000 Berries Supporters.

Last weekend at Skilled park (Lower Brookvale North) I reckon we managed about 6,000...so surely we can get 25,000 for Friday night???

Id feel better with wolfman out there but thats a bloody good side

Can't understand leaving Big George out of the side. Was mom in our win against Dogs in Rnd 1. Thought his last few games were very good, especially when we were down on troops against the Knights. He'd definately be in my top 17.

Bulldogs: 1. Ben Barba, 2. Sam Perrett, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Krisnan Inu, 5. Jonathan Wright, 6. Josh Reynolds, 7. Kris Keating, 8. Aiden Tolman, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Sam Kasiano, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Josh Jackson, 13. Greg Eastwood. Interchange: 14. James Graham, 15. Dale Finucane, 16. Corey Payne, 17. David Stagg, 19. Dene Halatau, 20. Martin Taupau (two to be omitted).

the mauler said:
Can't understand leaving Big George out of the side. Was mom in our win against Dogs in Rnd 1 win. Thought his last few games were very good, especially when we were down on troops against the Knights. He'd definately be in my top 17.

Yes I'm with you mate. I can't understand why Georgie is 18th man. Maybe Tooves thinks it will be a fast paced game and he could be found out in defence.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Bulldogs: 1. Ben Barba, 2. Sam Perrett, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Krisnan Inu, 5. Jonathan Wright, 6. Josh Reynolds, 7. Kris Keating, 8. Aiden Tolman, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Sam Kasiano, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Josh Jackson, 13. Greg Eastwood. Interchange: 14. James Graham, 15. Dale Finucane, 16. Corey Payne, 17. David Stagg, 19. Dene Halatau, 20. Martin Taupau (two to be omitted).

Seriously, if we can’t beat a team with Wright, Keating, Jackson, Finucane, Stagg and Payne featuring, then I am a poor judge.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I just sincerly hope we (as in Manly) get a good crowd along. Yep I know all the excuses (for Friday night / transport) and do understand all of those but if we don't other teams supporters will drown us out big time.

I would hate to see 8,000 Manly Supporters there and 50,000 Berries Supporters.

Last weekend at Skilled park (Lower Brookvale North) I reckon we managed about 6,000...so surely we can get 25,000 for Friday night???

Lets hope the Manly fans go out there in numbers Mark. Is there a way of knowing how many Manly fans have bought tickets?

Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Seriously, if we can’t beat a team with Wright, Keating, Jackson, Finucane, Stagg and Payne featuring, then I am a poor judge.

Jackson's a goer.

Couldn't agree more Susan. He's quality. Dessie doesn't give young blokes a run like he's given Jackson unless he think's they're elite, and he's showing he is. A country boy as well, shame he plays for the Dogs.

BIG GAME FRI NIGHT

Hey guys! Bakes here, and yes I am a kennel legend(see my posts over @ the kennel). Really looking fwd to a jin fizza of a game on fri night. I'm pretty confident but really really scared at the same time., I hope we win but give full respect to your awesome line up. Can you guys give me any thoughts on your weaknesses and ours too!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8