Manly vs Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: BIG GAME FRI NIGHT

Daniel said:
I think overall it's a fairly even battle, however if your forwards don't give your halves any space, Manly will completely dominate. We have the luxury of having at least one, if not two halves that can play at the line, meaning space is not as much of a requirement.

This will come down to a forwards battle, our backrow is better, however I think yours have air that they have something to prove and that's a good motivator for young players.

Kasiano and Pritchard are big and having awesome years, and I think have it all over ours, but I think they can get worked out of the game and forced out wider, as long as our defenders come in twos and wrap up the ball, it should stunt you guys a bit.

That's really the secret, cramp your halves and stop the offloads, or defend for it, then grind out the win. Barba is the true x-factor and a real tough one to crack, I really can't see much that defenders can do besides forcing in on him and being certain of his tackles, one or two well times shoulder charges will likely see him become a little more timid.

It will hopefully be a massive crowd and 50/50 because it is going to be an epic battle, worthy of a grand final.

Barba's broken play is no better than other such as Slater and Bowen. Get up in a line and you'll nullify him; just watch Canberra's effort a couple of weeks back.

His impact near the try line is a direct result of the obstruction plays the Dogs put on, which the NRL is scared to call what they are; illegal.

This game will be all about ref interpretation.

I think stopping the Dogs forwards offloads and Reynolds running amok are the keys. Stop this and the backline won't get any room to move.

Crusher_Cleal said:
I think stopping the Dogs forwards offloads and Reynolds running amok are the keys. Stop this and the backline won't get any room to move.

That and our kicking game. Finding the touch or dead ball line with our kicks is paramount to stopping the broken field attack they love.

[/quote]

Does Nick Youngquest still play?
[/quote]

Gday Bones , Nick Youngquest is about as gone as Scott Fulton

Hey Dan, have you ever considered making a seperate section that opposition fans can direct their posts to? That way if certain manly fans are bothered by other teams fans they can just avoid that section. You could make it clear that its for serious discussions only, and delete any troll post. Personally, I don't mind having a chat with the others as long as they are on the same level of maturity.
Just a thought.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Seems Dogs supporters can't count...today is Wednesday, Friday is game day TWO SLEEPS

Thursday = dole cheque day.

barrack o barba said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
At least you admit we will beat you

Nah mate , was only responding to what that other pelican said .

One more sleep boys

Isn't it two more sleeps? The banter at work is picking up between me and the many Dogs supporters. Some of them are not really confident where some are just ridiculously overconfident. They fail to remember Manly's vast finals experience. Bring it on already!!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Shouldnt this thread be merged into the manly dogs one

Done

Blake said:
Hey Dan, have you ever considered making a seperate section that opposition fans can direct their posts to? That way if certain manly fans are bothered by other teams fans they can just avoid that section. You could make it clear that its for serious discussions only, and delete any troll post. Personally, I don't mind having a chat with the others as long as they are on the same level of maturity.
Just a thought.

Just use the "Add to Ignore List" function if you don't want to see their posts.

If you don't know how to do that then click on the username of the person that you wish to ignore, scroll down to the bottom right hand side of the new page that opens up and then click on "Add to Ignore List"

barrack o barba said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Seems Dogs supporters can't count...today is Wednesday, Friday is game day TWO SLEEPS

Sorry , my bad , am off work injured , have lost track of time .

Lol..... A Dogs supporter off work injured. Wouldn't be many if them would there???:p

Jethro, I think you misread my post. I was saying I actually like having conversations with other fans and I would encourage more of it as long as the trolls don't get in the way. Clearly, a lot of people here don't like the idea of other fans coming over and posting on here. I just thought it'd make it better if there was a seperate section and its then up to the individual whether they wish to partake in friendly debate.

torana355 said:
barrack o barba said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

One more sleep boys

Isn't it two more sleeps? The banter at work is picking up between me and the many Dogs supporters. Some of them are not really confident where some are just ridiculously overconfident. They fail to remember Manly's vast finals experience. Bring it on already!!!

Hey Torana I read that Manly have not beaten Canterbury in a finals game since 1976 , an incredible stat if true

barrack o barba said:
torana355 said:
barrack o barba said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

One more sleep boys

Hey Torana I read that Manly have not beaten Canterbury in a finals game since 1976 , an incredible stat if true

The bulldogs have to make the finals in order for Manly to beat them.

Since 1970 we have made the semi finals 27 times , not a bad record , we have met in a semi in 1976 where we won and the gf in 1995 , cant find any other finals record of us playing .

Also , Canterbury and Manly have won 8 comps each

Manly Warringah V Canterbury Bankstown

Played 115 Won 61 Lost 49 Drawn 5 ( Manly )

Average points for 17.43 Against 14.66 ( Manly )

Winning percentage 55.21

Pretty close if you ask me over 65 years , its official - you guys have the wood over us

barrack o barba said:
Why cant you blokes be more like voicefromthehill ?

All we want is a conversation and a bit of banter

No you don't, all you do is come here to incite Manly fans. You must lack common sense when you come to a place where the most hated club here atm is the dogs.

We have had so called friendly dogs supporters come in here in the past telling everyone all they want to do is play happy families and forget about the past etc etc and they caused nothing but trouble, so now we are supposed to trust you? I think not.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8