Manly vs Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: BIG GAME FRI NIGHT

Duff said:
There should be no banter between supporters of rival clubs.
We shouldn't defile ourselves by speaking with these people.
They have their own sites, their own pubs and their own area. They can stay there, i won't bother them. I'm offended at them coming here. I wouldn't go there, i know they'd attack me if they found out i was a Manly fan. They're like that. Don't let the peace pipe fool you, these people are villains.

All boring, personality deprived robots who are jumping to the aid of every Bulldog supporter who cops a bit of stick on here take note. This ia another man who is in touch with his emotions! Well done sir, if it was a football field, then you have just run head first into the guts of the opposition defence, landed a face palm before stomping over the opposition captain and gaining 17 metres for your team. The crowd roars its appreciation!

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

barrack o barba said:
Not sure where we will put Trex next year our forward pack is going so well .

TRex will be out on Friday night to prove himself against your massive pack. He'll want to be King Dog (pun intended) when he's there next year, so I think your Backs will have a few problems in defense on Friday.

Our weakness is our Forwards pack actually. In saying this, Kitey and King have really improved in the past 7 weeks or so, so I don't think we have a really massive weakness to exploit.

You guys on the other hand are too reliant on Morris, Barba, Inu and Reynolds. If Barba and Reynolds are limited in what they are able to do, you will lose. Pretty simple. Limit Foran? we still have DCE. Limit Lyon? we still have Matai? Limit Brett (not going to happen BTW)? We have Foran, DCE, Matai, Lyon, Glenn Stewart, Taufua, Ballin and Buhrer.

To beat Manly you have to stick to the game plan, and the game plan must last for 80 minutes. One little detour and we score 3+ times. Game over. Manly will be very clinical and will grind you down. No trick plays, you need to grind out the win. I can't see the team you have being able to do this.

As a not so great man said to a great man: "Your over-confidence is your weakness". You might win on Friday. However, if we meet again in 3 weeks time, I can tell you that 40-0 in 2008 will be a fond memory to what we do to you guys when it really matters.

effnic said:
Far out Manlybacker talk about letting a sheriff badge go to your head. Power trip much?

Water off a duck's back mate. Already fallen once for sympathy boy's efforts along with a whole heap of others on here who offered help and never received any form of acknowledgement. Then there is all the stuff you don't see that gets cleaned up. Yesterday was full of pearls like one calling posters 'Bitchtits'. Funny? - maybe; nice - nope, just inciting more responses. I'll admit it could have been done by PM but already done that numerous times the last year. Anyway, I think a lot love the banter no matter how crude. I can cop criticism but for now it won't change my opinion.

After a season plagued by injury the Sea Eagles have hit their straps at just the right time, with no injuries to report heading into the first week of finals.

Second rower Anthony Watmough left the field with a thumb injury early in the first half of Manly's win over the Titans but has pulled up fine over the weekend.

Co-captain Jason King was also unscathed after his return from a shoulder injury.

Coach Geoff Toovey said Watmough was taken off purely as a precaution and both Manly forwards will be fine to play in Friday night's blockbuster final against the Bulldogs.

“Anthony is fine, it was just a flare up of an old injury. Jason King also came through the match fine as well, we’ll be looking to get a full strength side on the field next weekend.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Injury-Update-All-hands-on-deck/63266

Sea Eagles have moved on from Des Hasler

THE Manly players will never forget what Des Hasler did for them - but tough back-rower Glenn Stewart has declared the Sea Eagles players have turned the page on the Hasler chapter in the club's history ahead of Friday night's showdown with the Bulldogs.

"Des is at the Bulldogs now, he's not a part of Manly and we are focussing on Manly winning the premiership this year and it starts this week so that's all we concentrate on," the inspirational forward said.

Asked if Hasler would be passing on all his old trade secrets to his new charges at Canterbury, Stewart replied: "No doubt he'd be doing that but he's done that twice already this year so I don't think it will be too much different.

"He will always be a part of the history (of Manly) but nothing to do with our finals campaign."

Stewart admitted it had been a tough start to the year after Hasler's shock departure but he said with the top squad back on the field Manly is right on target to again be a force in this year's finals as they attempt to become the first team to win back-to-back titles since Brisbane did it twice in the 1990s.

"Certainly the way we came to start this year was pretty extraordinary to other years,' he said. "The players have taken ownership but also with the coaching staff we have got here everyone has done a great job to get here - but in saying that it is not finished.

"We have had a month or five weeks of our top team playing every week and combinations starting to form."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/glenn-stewart-says-the-sea-eagles-have-moved-on-from-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226465048279
Paul Crawley

Yeah me not reading posts from my dumb time out is non acknowledgment of the entire incident, actually its putting past me something I'd much rather forget, help is a handout and I'm not going nor willing to take help from anyone because while appreciated isn't required and to be quite frank unwanted and undeserved (but thanks for the thought)

My feet are more solid than they've ever been in regards to dumb ideas thanks to a newish scar on my leg,I don't suck up and I don't know quite how to respond properly to kindness but one thing I'll say is I'm not going anywhere (other than perhaps LU as its getting clear I'm anything but wanted around here)

You see arrogance and ignorance, truth is I'm a socially awkward only child (A fate worse than death IMO) who is both embarrassed by that event and uncertain on exactly how to say thanks but no thanks without offending those who attempted to help me at the time

@the kennel and other assorted haters of myself

Joke about that if you like to, whatever you can muster I can take as I've said worse to myself, in my mind my opinion is a million more times valid than what any of you could say, do your worst kiddies

Oh and one last thing, bitchtits (its unmodified in a post earlier in this thread) is more offensive than any other insults i've used? really? I thought that was relatively tame for one of mine! You live you learn hey

BIG GAME FRI NIGHT

IF the Bulldogs need to rely on Barba scoring/setting up 80-100 metre tries to win games in the finals scratch them out now as premiership contenders.

The only thing that the regular season counts for now is who you play where in the finals. The new comp starts Friday night bring it on!

Duff said:
There should be no banter between supporters of rival clubs.
We shouldn't defile ourselves by speaking with these people.
They have their own sites, their own pubs and their own area. They can stay there, i won't bother them. I'm offended at them coming here. I wouldn't go there, i know they'd attack me if they found out i was a Manly fan. They're like that. Don't let the peace pipe fool you, these people are villains.

I joined up a few months ago and posted the other day to show my disappointment at a fellow Dogs supporters posts. I didn't have to but work was a little boring at the time. I have made a few other posts since then but nothing untoward.

I have a close nit group of friends some I have known for close to 30 years, Not one of those is a Canterbury supporter, By your reasoning I shouldn't talk or even associate with them, likewise my sisters one being a Raiders fan the other being a Knights fan, maybe my old man should have disowned them, hmm there's a thought

As for being a villain I am far from it, Just a fan of footy that happens to support the dogs, I am a father of 2 soon to be 3, Love a beer a punt and never had so much of a speeding fine. Maybe that's rare for a Canterbury fan or maybe you only ever come in contact with the minority.

Anyway if my posting on here offends you no dramas, my account can be deleted at anytime, I will not loose sleep over it.

As for Friday night it will be a cracker and one thing I can be certain of is regardless of the result I will be waking up a little dusty on Saturday morning.

The Eagle said:
barrack o barba said:
I rate Cherry evans and Foran , but think on their best day our halves can match it with them

LOL! Even if Reynolds was equal/tiny bit better than Foran skill-wise even Tim Smith carves the christ out of the hack known as Keating,who by the way your SECOND choice halfback,DCE is spoken about in the highest of regard as a possible new JT/Joey Johns/Any other halfback as the best ever,he is already a decorated superstar

spot on Eagle no question reynolds is a good player. However Fozzie has it all over him for toughness and courage. Lets cast our mind back to the dive reynolds took at brookie and his preference to attempt ankle taps rather than front on tackles.

Just a comment on some of the new poster supporters on here. Welcome to any who want to discuss upcoming games, tactics, strenghts and weaknessness and share opininions with Manly supporters.
Last week we had a guy called Titans Fan join and his conversation was great.
When it gets to the point where opposition team supporters are replying directly to each other's posts about how awesome their team is, I think this kind of exchange should take place on your own clubs forum.
Just my opinion.

You Manly fans only see the long range trys which are stunning , but what we see are ball playing forwards that do the hard work and creating the space .
As a long term dog supporter I have never witnessed the stats the we have produced this year . Sure , you guys had a lull mid year and got beaten by teams lower on the ladder ( injurys didnt help you ) but you have bounced back and all the smart money is on you guys .
Well done

I think overall it's a fairly even battle, however if your forwards don't give your halves any space, Manly will completely dominate. We have the luxury of having at least one, if not two halves that can play at the line, meaning space is not as much of a requirement.

This will come down to a forwards battle, our backrow is better, however I think yours have air that they have something to prove and that's a good motivator for young players.

Kasiano and Pritchard are big and having awesome years, and I think have it all over ours, but I think they can get worked out of the game and forced out wider, as long as our defenders come in twos and wrap up the ball, it should stunt you guys a bit.

That's really the secret, cramp your halves and stop the offloads, or defend for it, then grind out the win. Barba is the true x-factor and a real tough one to crack, I really can't see much that defenders can do besides forcing in on him and being certain of his tackles, one or two well times shoulder charges will likely see him become a little more timid.

It will hopefully be a massive crowd and 50/50 because it is going to be an epic battle, worthy of a grand final.

barrack o barba said:
One advantage you guys have is your kicking game , as for our backrow we are more than happy with them

yes our kicking is better, really a fairly even match up, Des will have your troops ready as he can. It may just come down to big game experience

voicefromthehill said:
Bakes kennel legend said:
I think your big weakness is your halves funnily enough.

how do i get ny avatar onhere

You can use this

iheartny_logo-blogSpan.jpg

Does Nick Youngquest still play?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Shouldnt this thread be merged into the manly dogs one

Agreed. I'd rather post in a thread started by , you know...us!

So forget this post.

What?

Nothing, forget it!

What?

Ooh, I see what you did there!

Ralphie said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Bulldogs: 1. Ben Barba, 2. Sam Perrett, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Krisnan Inu, 5. Jonathan Wright, 6. Josh Reynolds, 7. Kris Keating, 8. Aiden Tolman, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Sam Kasiano, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Josh Jackson, 13. Greg Eastwood. Interchange: 14. James Graham, 15. Dale Finucane, 16. Corey Payne, 17. David Stagg, 19. Dene Halatau, 20. Martin Taupau (two to be omitted).

Seriously, if we can’t beat a team with Wright, Keating, Jackson, Finucane, Stagg and Payne featuring, then I am a poor judge.

You havent beaten us yet :sleepy:

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8