Manly vs Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Get your backside there, I've been to the last 6 (ish) and we're 1-5. It's farked walking out of there among the great unwashed, it's like a scene from the Walking Dead.
I was there for the last win. 3000 manly fans stood in a pack out the front of Suncorp after the game and gave it to the 30,000 plus Donkey fans, with a few worried looking coppers between us. Talk about the thin blue line, they couldn't have stopped anything if it kicked off.

Must say I had an extremely bad experience the last time I was there.

We lost ( which has happened a lot there recently ) and I was walking back towards Caxton Street with my wife and we were accosted by a group of very drunk young Bronco fans , who got their jolly’s from grabbing my members cap ( and trying to set fire to it ) and then when my wife told them to settle down and grow up they thought pushing over a 65 year Grey haired lady was extremely funny.

Must admit I’ve not been back since.

The double headers are the issue , they leave work at lunchtime, 3 hours at the Caxton , 4 hours of games and by the time they leave they are well a truly primed.

We lost ( which has happened a lot there recently ) and I was walking back towards Caxton Street with my wife and we were accosted by a group of very drunk young Bronco fans , who got their jolly’s from grabbing my members cap ( and trying to set fire to it ) and then when my wife told them to settle down and grow up they thought pushing over a 65 year Grey haired lady was extremely funny.
Mate, i'm really sorry that happened, truly out of order. I go with protection, that little boy who went to his first Manly game with Dad in 1999, still goes with Dad, but now he is 190cm and 100 kg, bring it on!

The double headers are the issue , they leave work at lunchtime, 3 hours at the Caxton , 4 hours of games and by the time they leave they are well a truly primed.
That's absolutely crap Mark - filthy behaviour regardless of what team they support...
Was that the game you organised a catchup pre game with Manly supporters a few years ago ?

That's absolutely crap Mark - filthy behaviour regardless of what team they support...
Was that the game you organised a catchup pre game with Manly supporters a few years ago ?
Yes that one , and we were headed back to the Caxton afterwards.

We grabbed a train home instead , my wife was pretty shattered by it.

Just dickheads on the piss but nevertheless a bad experience.

Had reasonable success there - I think been to Suncorp 5 games and Manly won 4.....not sure Im the good luck charm or Manly simply got it over these horses, best was they tried these dirty rags and were waving them around leading at HT, but Manly came out 2nd half and blitzed them...the dirty towels were left hidden under the chairs by FT @:)
Oh that was the rally towel round. One of the funniest nights I’d been too. From memory @bones was absolutely giving it to them about trying to Americanise the game. The amount of broncos fans that left early, only to be reminded to take their rally towels and shove them was so fkn funny. I’m pretty sure, I vomited, I was laughing that hard.
‘Never seen a rally towel since.

Sadly respect isn't a word understood by today's youth, I'm always getting into trouble from my missus for bridging up to these so called young men, it's a failing I've never been able to overcome, I just can't and won't take their sh1t, respect to me has always been the most important of all social graces, I just can't tolerate disrespectful behaviour

I'm always getting into trouble from my missus for bridging up to these so called young men, it's a failing I've never been able to overcome, I just can't and won't take their sh1t, respect to me has always been the most important of all social graces, I just can't tolerate disrespectful behaviour
Never change mate, its not you. When No.1 son played for Norths we went to a game at Dayboro which we won, returned to my car to find the front kicked in, I was a registered QRL linesman and ran the line at Norths games. Once at a very bogan venue the bogans lost by a narrow margin, due to my call. A bunch of bogan fathers gathered in the parking lot to get me after the game, waited a little while till the herd thinned out then walked out and fronted them while son and several teammates videoed them, they melted away like chocolate soldiers.

filthy behaviour regardless of what team they support...
I'll say, at a match there we won, I wandered happily back to my car parked outside my daughters place, just inside the footy day parking zone, but a long way from the ground on a steep street, to find my car with a Sea Eagles sticker on it was booked, and the several Donkey stickered cars unscathed.

Yes that one , and we were headed back to the Caxton afterwards.

We grabbed a train home instead , my wife was pretty shattered by it.

Just dickheads on the piss but nevertheless a bad experience.
It's shi* that a few D***heads can wreck it up for everyone
I love some banter with opposition fans and 99% its in good taste...these fans need to be outlawed from games for life....hard outside the ground when tough in a pack unfortunately

Honestly I’ve been there countless times for Manly games since 1988, no worries with banter , no worries getting ribbed as you walk out if you lost , but attacking an older person ( and a woman ) is a very low act. Of course typically tough in groups.

The major issue is allowing already pissed punters access to huge amounts of alcohol inside the stadium which just makes them more aggressive ( funny they only sell mid strength beer but you can buy cans of Bundy & Coke which they consume by the bucketload ).

And plenty of security inside but almost nothing once you get outside ( except at the train stations ).

That is awful!! We have had some similar experiences there, I always say Suncorp is the worst away game because of how far the Bronx fans take the heckling. Rally towel game will always be my fave!!!

That's terrible mate.

That's terrible mate.
All clearly very inebriated, nevertheless a **** act to push my wife over into the ground.

We aren’t 80 and wheelchair bound but my wife has grey hair and was 65 at the time ,so clearly not a spring chicken.

As I went to pull her up they just laughed and ran away.

They followed us for a while and were goading us ( due to the loss ), I can take that no dramas.

But thought the pinching my members hat and trying to set it alight with a cigarette lighter was pretty weak ( unsuccessful I might add but it’s got a black mark on it where they tried ).

And yes when my wife told them to grow up one came up and pushed her to the ground.

I just wish there had been a copper nearby , but they knew there wasn’t so were free to do as they wish .

Anyway it’s over now but I won’t get my wife back to a game there now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6