Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 3, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@BOZO will help out

*********************************************************We all get by with a little help from our feathered friends

maxresdefault.jpg

DCE seems a reluctant captain
Amid all the hand wringing that goes on about dropping this player and that, I gotta say DCE is my biggest concern. You're right, he is an extremely reluctant leader - neither born nor made.
And, while he has some seriously brilliant games, I find it completely baffling that he's on such a huge chunk of cash and cannot function without an organising half.
Last point. Three clubs have ten year players (that I know of): Us, Swans, Cowboys. Not sure that it doesn't unbalance the team and hurt them in the long run.

Last edited:
Well even if Api is shiitehouse and we can't win with him .... and even if we only have one winger on the books and he is shiitehouse and we can't win without wingers .... and even if DCE is crapp and we can't win with only one kicker ..... and even if our forwards are overated and we can't win with them .... and even if this is the worst and slowest backline in our history and we can't win with them ....
and even if it will take Dessie and his team 3 years to rebuild ......

Dear experts ... Have I missed any reason why we can't win .....

Anyway .... I still think we will win .... Manly by 10 ..... GOMANLY .....

Amid all the hand wringing that goes on about dropping this player and that, I gotta say DCE is my biggest concern. You're right, he is an extremely reluctant leader - neither born nor made.
And, while he has some absolutely brilliant games, I find it completely baffling that he's on such a huge chunk of cash and cannot function without an organising half.
Last point. Three clubs have ten year players (that I know of): Us, Swans, Cowboys. Not sure that it doesn't unbalance the team and hurt them in the long run.

And as we all know, the money that Cherry is on might not have been so bad if they hadn't screwed everything up in the first place and decided to put all their eggs into the basket of someone who for all intents and purposes had already made up his mind that he was leaving (and there was plenty of talk that he had already signed with the Worms while we were still negotiating with him).

Cherry's current contract was a panic thing after the club realised that Foran had led them up the garden path. We were looking down the barrel of losing both international halves in one hit and by the time they realised it was almost too late, all they could do was match the Titans contract that DCE had signed, and then some, just to get him to stay.

He would have signed for $750,000 but instead they screwed up so badly it ended up costing the club almost twice as much.

And as we all know, the money that Cherry is on might not have been so bad if they hadn't screwed everything up in the first place and decided to put all their eggs into the basket of someone who for all intents and purposes had already made up his mind that he was leaving (and there was plenty of talk that he had already signed with the Worms while we were still negotiating with him).

Cherry's current contract was a panic thing after the club realised that Foran had led them up the garden path. We were looking down the barrel of losing both international halves in one hit and by the time they realised it was almost too late, all they could do was match the Titans contract that DCE had signed, and then some, just to get him to stay.

He would have signed for $750,000 but instead they screwed up so badly it ended up costing the club almost twice as much.
I like DCE . On his day he is a million dollar performer

Good on them for all the work they have done this week for Christchurch, but Its game day I wished they weren't planning to hug the warriors in a circle before the game, pay respects by all means but I would prefer them running on that field and when sighting the warriors being like a red rag to a bull....I hope their heads are in the game.

Cmon Eagles you can do it !!!!

And there was some talk around at the time that Trent wasn't keen to come to Manly without an established half on board.

And there was some talk around at the time that Trent wasn't keen to come to Manly without an established half on board.

I hadn't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me given that Barrett was a half in his playing days. Most halves who go into top level coaching seem to think that teams start and finish in 6 and 7.

Thankfully Des has proven with his coaching over the years that he is a believer in 1-17 and not just the two somewhere in the middle. No point in having the best halves in the game if the other 15 aren't up to standard.

Last edited:
[
But he can't do it by himself no matter how good he is. Even the great Thurston, widely tipped to be among the next crop of Immortals once eligible, couldn't do anything at the Cows until he got help.
True . We do have the troops though to help him out in the trenches . Today they will all stand up and be counted

[

True . We do have the troops though to help him out in the trenches . Today they will all stand up and be counted

As I've said before, its hard to soar like an eagle when you play with turkeys. Not saying that we don't have good quality players because we do in the likes of the Turbos, AFB, Siro etc. But we unfortunately also have a lot of players who probably wouldn't get a game at other clubs. And right now because of circumstance, those players are the ones we have to rely on to do the job.

As I've said before, its hard to soar like an eagle when you play with turkeys. Not saying that we don't have good quality players because we do in the likes of the Turbos, AFB, Siro etc. But we unfortunately also have a lot of players who probably wouldn't get a game at other clubs. And right now because of circumstance, those players are the ones we have to rely on to do the job.
Games can be won on a team effort . We can do the job .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7