Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
10 4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

We are all passionate Manly people on here and we all want our Legendary club to have premiership winning success once more
This forum is all about our Legendary club and not us posters
While I agree with your sentiment, Mr you post too much Biff needs to put the wine cask back in the fridge. What the heck was that all about?

Positive from tonight - thanks to the Tigers we are still above the premiers on the ladder 🙂

(I'll take what I can get at the moment.)

We have a lot of issues, but the biggest one is heart. This is feeling like the old barret days 1 good game 8 shockers.
U cannot rely on 1 player to win games. There is no game plan when troops.are missing. It comes down to individual brilliance or a lucky bounce.
The storm with half a team of newbies always look competitive due to structures and game plans. That's 3 coaches in a row and we cannot put a game plan to follow.

The fall out from him being moved on,could be the issue
Sorry all this cryptic inuendo really does my head in ,re Tartak and a player being push out , like are talking about a certain number 6 , because if that’s the case that is ridiculous, like why would we do that the guy has barely started 1st grade ,and what (according to media interpretation and speculation) because he s injured and maybe have a short term fitness/attitude issue we want to squeeze him out
If that’s the case that is the most short sited dumb arse decision since Barret told Nico he was excess to capacity. I just can’t fathom it and them what replace him with Flanagan jnr and Johns ?
Please Explain??

Last edited:
From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 10
Titans: 26

344206834_568937872031809_8077720645937071130_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

344351138_1378179462914565_4596301729263133585_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

Pressers:
Manly Sea Eagles Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos
Gold Coast Titans Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Sea Eagles forward Toafofoa Sipley is facing a 3-4 match ban for a crusher tackle following Saturday night's match.

Sipley was charged with a Grade 2 crusher tackle on Titans winger Phil Sami. Given it is his second offence, he faces a minimum of three weeks out.

Origin hopeful Haumole Olakau'atu was charged with a Grade 1 Crusher Tackle on Tino Fa'asuamaleaui in the 58th minute. Given it is also his second offence, he will face a fine of $3000 or 2 Matches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn’t call it a fiasco & it wasn’t just DCE who commented on Schuster, Seibold did too.

Whatever’s going on, I just wish they’d sort it out & play footy instead of looking like they’ve never met each other before.
I thought they were all, you know, connected. Poker nights, coffee dates, bbqs. I'm sure I've heard them say they just want to play for each other.

I've said this before about looking like they've never met. There is no fluidity to our passing. You look at souths and the panthers and they barely seem to look when they're passing and it's done on the move. Ours is pass, stop to take the ball, run a bit, stop to pass the ball, scratch their heads wondering why the defence is on top of us, then try a pass which isn't on because we don't seem to have got anywhere. We shouldn't be using the word clunky this far into the season
Watching them running plays (if you can call them that) tonight they were clearly sitting ducks. When you watch top tier teams in action they have multiple runners in motion that causes confusion or at least hesitancy in the defence. There were many opportunities in their 20 metre zone where they simply passed along the line with maybe one decoy runner. It looked like Under 10s. You're right, we shouldn't be using clunky at this point but with ongoing injuries to the backline, the makeshift nature of the backline was always going to be a problem. It was never going to be anything but "clunky". Having Tom and Koula back will help but until we sort out 5/8 and the other centre, were going to be struggling to games like tonight. Top tier games, we can forget about.

Perhaps we also need a new defensive coach. Doesn’t look like the head man, Mr Soccer Ball Head (SBH), is making much of a fist of it.

The defensive lapses will happen, but when the forwards, the usual duds that we have aplenty like Paseka, Sipley, Keppie, Tuilagi and co. let the opposition wind up and make 50m per set, you’re in trouble.

Firstly as others have said we have not changed from last season. I think our salary cap is not balanced. Too much money going to a few players which means most of our team are not even first grade standard. I've always supported DCE but I think the sooner he is gone the better. I'm not going to give up on Turbo but he needs to get back to his best and on the field soon for the money we're are paying him.

Most importantly we need to put plans in place to build up our junior development, we can't keep fielding players like Harper and co and expect to be competitive, it's a joke.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8