Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 18
4 Pines Park
16 Apr 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 9 weeks on Monday since Schu injured his ankle. Originally out 6 weeks. He always seems to be out longer than predicted. Is this due to lack of time spent rehabbing or just bad luck. Or is it that they are giving him more time as not urgent that he makes a return due to Davey's good form?
I think definitely the latter, tough to do fitness/field work with a leg injury.

It was 9 weeks on Monday since Schu injured his ankle. Originally out 6 weeks. He always seems to be out longer than predicted. Is this due to lack of time spent rehabbing or just bad luck. Or is it that they are giving him more time as not urgent that he makes a return due to Davey's good form?
I felt they were vague with the prediction, and “6 weeks” in hindsight must have meant he would be out for the first 6 rounds. Classic ambiguity to keep the opposition guessing. And us.

Hoping Fifita has another poor game especially with all the negative talk about him last week, he'll probably have a blinder. Shut him out and that'll stop the rest of the forwards going forward.

Hoping Fifita has another poor game especially with all the negative talk about him last week, he'll probably have a blinder. Shut him out and that'll stop the rest of the forwards going forward.
The only time he's had a big impact on a game was when he was with the Broncs.

Koula was on the left with Foz, Davey, and Garrick, by far our better defensive edge. Much bigger test coming up if he is with Chez, Guac and Saab, where we are conceding most of our points.
Nearly all teams concede more on their right side (because most teams attack best down their left?) (because most players are right handed and pass more smoothly right to left?)
But yes a big test for Koula in defence, last year Harper with his rushing swarming D shut down many left side guns including Best, Kikau, Fifita (played left against us last year) etc.

I can see if we let them have field position in our 20 they will score plenty off short grubber kicks. We have to freeze them out of our end and it's up to DCE kicking game and our defense to pin them down their own half. I'd feel a lot more confident if we had Schu and Turbo playing.

Manly "s defence has aimed up better the past couple of weeks and hopefully a dry track predicted . Some improved attacking plays and with D C E " s kicking game , things are definitely looking better . Titans have some smart back line attackers and on their day a willing forward pack so Manly will have to earn a win . Fairly hopeful of a win , some genuine speed and talent in Manly 's backline and the pack showing some more authority recently , good Manly line up on paper at least , should be able to get the chicalotes so to speak .

I can see if we let them have field position in our 20 they will score plenty off short grubber kicks. We have to freeze them out of our end and it's up to DCE kicking game and our defense to pin them down their own half. I'd feel a lot more confident if we had Schu and Turbo playing.
Their last win against us was a grubberathon into our ingoal all of Peachy who no longer plays for them. Agree, looking at DCE to control where we play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12