Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 15, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Score points ? How about stopping them from scoring against us .
Very Inapt performance . This is not just about how the team is selected . It is about how the team is coached .
I am no coach but I am a passionate and proud Manly club member who can clearly see that our team deserves better coaching staff .
The Three Stooges. Trent Barrett John Cartwright Anthony Seibold

View attachment 3864
I like how accountability in your world starts and ends with the coaching staff and does not include those in charge of recruitment

Sea Eagles Matt Wright charged with Gd 2 careless high tackle on Zillman for last night - free to play this week with early guilty plea #WTF

I like how accountability in your world starts and ends with the coaching staff and does not include those in charge of recruitment
In the end every one is accountable . Failure is not an option for owners sponsors or members

In the end every one is accountable . Failure is not an option for owners sponsors or members
Correct even the man driving the recruitment and the man who felt the need to instigate a wholesale cultural change. As I have said whilst there is no doubt the coach and staff are a factor it is far to simplistic to blame them for the poor perform without taking into account
1. Injuries
2. Previous cap management

And the factors listed above

Correct even the man driving the recruitment and the man who felt the need to instigate a wholesale cultural change. As I have said whilst there is no doubt the coach and staff are a factor it is far to simplistic to blame them for the poor perform without taking into account
1. Injuries

Stop it, I was getting close to having the mob with pitch forks to conduct a public hanging. This balanced sensible thinking has ruined everything!

Stop it, I was getting close to having the mob with pitch forks to conduct a public hanging. This balanced sensible thinking has ruined everything!
Ha! Should I not start talking about how if you are realistic about the team as well then we would still not be top 4....

1. Injuries

Barrett came with a good reputation and we took the gamble and seem to have lost . IMO if our team was more competitive even in our loses we would not be having this discussion .

Barrett came with a good reputation and we took the gamble and seem to have lost . IMO if our team was more competitive even in our loses we would not be having this discussion .
And again I wait for a suggestion on what could be done considering the injuries and lack of consistency in the team

I fail to see where his good reputation came from. He failed as Panther's U/20's coach (they won the premiership either side of his one year stint in which they finished out of the finals) and he was so-so as Country coach.

People think Lewis Brown is a lemon? I've been an advocate of supporting Barrett this year but no more. Barrett (and Cartwright and Seibold) has taken this team backwards, simple as that.

We have no defensive structure, our attack is virtually non-existent and relies too much on individual brilliance. Our game plan seems to lack a Plan A, let alone a Plan B or C and our selections are absolute garbage.

Last edited:
I fail to see where his good reputation came from. He failed as Panther's U/20's coach (they won the premiership either side of his one year stint in which they finished out of the finals) and he was so-so as Country coach.

People think Lewis Brown is a lemon? I've been an advocate of supporting Barrett this year but no more. Barrett (and Cartwright and Seibold) has taken this team backwards, simple as that.
Gus Gould and players that were coached under him ie Penrith and rep players from NSW SOO and Country spoke highly of him. That is where his good reputation came from .
Seibold had a reputation of being a great defensive coach and Cartwright was assistant coach of last years grand final winning team
The Buck stops with the head coach . He calls the shots and he gets the first bullet when things don't work out

I tip them every week. Can't not. They're still my team, regardless of form. I'm not going to win the tipping comp anyway so it's Manly all the way.
Yeah but I figure if you back against the Eagles and they lose at least you've won something, if they win you're emotions make you forget about the coin you've lost. Win win

There is no easy fix. But at the very least we as supporters would like to see improvement. Can't blame injuries for everything, we had close to full squad in early rounds and looked pedestrian at best. Defence is the worst it been in 12yrs. Attack even worse. Injuries don't come out of thin air, at some point the training methods have to be looked at. Some injuries are bad luck for sure but definitely not all.

We are between a rock and a hard place.
Sack Trent and probably ends in tears. Cause what quality coach comes in and who would want to?
Keep Trent and probably ends in tears. Cause well he looks crap and it seriously looks like the players don't want to play for him. It's like watching a train wreck. Problem is, we all really really love this train.

I guess that is my issue - a whinge fest without any suggestions...apart from sacking people
Suggestions?? We have a head coach on over 400 grand a year and you want suggestions from club members ? My suggestion is that Barrett gets paid the big money to get the team performing and us members pay money to go and see a COMPETETIVE performance from our team WIN LOSE or DRAW !!! and if the head coach cant accommodate then the only other option is to find a coach who can .

Suggestions?? We have a head coach on over 400 grand a year and you want suggestions from club members ? My suggestion is that Barrett gets paid the big money to get the team performing and us members pay money to go and see a COMPETETIVE performance from our team WIN LOSE or DRAW !!! and if the head coach cant accommodate then the only other option is to find a coach who can .
For my own sanity I am going to agree to disagree. We see things very differently (which is the whole point of this place)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8