Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 24
Suncorp Stadium
24 Jul 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

How is it misleading?
They are the numbers.
They are backing up what @SeaEagleRock8 was saying.
18-21 were Schu, Sipley , Keppie and Harper so they were in the mix. 11 of the 17 are the same as this week.
Most weren't in the 17 till round 5
.. which we won. Ofcourse their in the mix. They are in the squad. You tell me 6 or so changes won't affect a side. I would also expect most of the ones dropped not to even have a new contract for next season...

Expecting a high scoring affair. Close 1st half 22-18 or thereabouts. Then we score 3 quick tries in the 2nd half and final score ends up 52-28. Des happy to get the 2 points but cranky about the defensive effort.

Expectation is a dangerous thing ... talking to my young bloke today, and he said his mate has put a bit on Manly to win by 51+

Got me to thinking that with all the excitement about naming our best side in donkey's ... that if we only win by 20 I'll be disappointed ... and if it is a close game I'll probably feel deflated.

Heaven help us all if we lose .... This place will have a melt down ...

Expectation is a dangerous thing ... talking to my young bloke today, and he said his mate has put a bit on Manly to win by 51+

Got me to thinking that with all the excitement about naming our best side in donkey's ... that if we only win by 20 I'll be disappointed ... and if it is a close game I'll probably feel deflated.

We should win well but if you say we get beat heaven help this forum.

The key to us winning is the first 20 minutes, we score say 2 tries to nil and give tigers nothing then there heads will drop and confidence gone.

On the back of last week say they score 2 3 tries lead 16-10 ish they will grow in confidence from last week.

I still think we have way too may points in us and us by 20 but sport does strange things

I have no doubt we take the 2 points this week, we all agree it’s our strongest side in some time and I believe the lads will be focused, there’s no way they want a drugcastle-raiders type result, it would be a real kick in the guts.
I don’t care about a big win, a solid win would probably be a better for us going forward, we have points in us, no problems, what I’d hate is to see them score 20, if we end up on a scoring spree, great, but I’d just like to see us close our defence and keep them out of the game with a polished 80, keeping them scoreless would be the perfect outcome.
Anyway really looking forward to watching this side play and Staying fit and healthy for whats to come.

Last edited:
So thought I'd take the family. Fuk me dead they're kidding up there. $200 for family ticket 2Adult and 2kids or $150 down near the tryline. Add food and I'm sorry but the NRL and Suncorp Stadium can go and get fuked. Plus no trains from Gold Coast to the city due to weekend track work.

Your young bloke seems like a very confident fellow

If our boys play with as much confidence and commitment to the task, 51 plus is not out of their league with Tommy Turbo firing on all cylinders

I'm hopeful of Manly scoring 51+ but expectations may be a little high for that as a margin

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4