Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 24
Suncorp Stadium
24 Jul 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

We should win well but if you say we get beat heaven help this forum.

The key to us winning is the first 20 minutes, we score say 2 tries to nil and give tigers nothing then there heads will drop and confidence gone.

On the back of last week say they score 2 3 tries lead 16-10 ish they will grow in confidence from last week.

I still think we have way too may points in us and us by 20 but sport does strange things
I agree with you that we have too many points in us especially with an in form Tommy

From what I have seen in the fast lane of todays fast game . The team that has the most strike power out scores their opponent and wins.

Last edited:
How is it misleading?
They are the numbers.
They are backing up what @SeaEagleRock8 was saying.
18-21 were Schu, Sipley , Keppie and Harper so they were in the mix. 11 of the 17 are the same as this week.
Because being named in the 21 doesn't mean they took the field.

And 11 out of 17 the same is a big difference to the 15 out of 17 that your first post implied by using the 21 as part of the calculation.

Gee I hope the players aren't as cocky as some of us on here because in this competition you can loose to any side. We lost to the Canberra reserve grade team a few weeks ago when everybody though we'd give them a touch up. I know we have all hands on deck this week but the players will need to remain ready for a arm wrestle and respect the football and the opposition. Go Manly!
Complacency is a killer and the thing we have to fear most in games like this, every player has to expect the Tigers to come at them hard and they'll need to be aware of this from the word go, how many times in past seasons have we lost unloseable (if that's a word) games due to arrogance and disrespect for the opposition

I’d be more concerned about complacency if we beat the Knights or the Raiders. Those losses surely still sting.

This is actually where I see a lot of benefit in Foz. That experience means so much.

Because being named in the 21 doesn't mean they took the field.

And 11 out of 17 the same is a big difference to the 15 out of 17 that your first post implied by using the 21 as part of the calculation.
No, please go back to @SeaEagleRock8 response to @KaZa where this started and then my initial follow up.

I know they didn't take the field but they were part of the first 21 so whether that was putting incumbents on notice or a reward for pre-season I don't know but

Rd 1 - 15 of the 21 are in the current 17 - only Turbo and Guac weren't in that squad
Rd 1 - 11 of the 17 are in the current 17 + four of Harper, Keppie, Schu & Sipley

As usual, stats and numbers are somewhat meaningless by themselves.

Last edited:
Expectation is a dangerous thing ... talking to my young bloke today, and he said his mate has put a bit on Manly to win by 51+

Got me to thinking that with all the excitement about naming our best side in donkey's ... that if we only win by 20 I'll be disappointed ... and if it is a close game I'll probably feel deflated.

Heaven help us all if we lose .... This place will have a melt down ...
Your young bloke has mates willing to feather the nests of the gambling shysters......currently that bet gets you 16/1 odds. (note tigers 51+ is 500/1)

Now, I'd prefer very few take up those odds, because if too many do it probably exponentially increases the chances of diabolical six agains to spoil the party.

I'm loving waiting for a Tele 'Game Odds' v '# of 6 agains' analysis ;)....though I'd also guess that 'somehow' the most important data will get left out in such a study :rofl:

I feel that Suli is a little bit unlucky to not have a spot, after is form the last couple of weeks. But then, nobody deserves to be dropped. More up-side than Harper and Parker when he’s playing like last week, over all. love some of those big hard runs he comes up with.

Manly attack is miles better than Broncos. Manly Def is miles better than Broncos.

If Tigers rock up to play the Broncos, and we roll out and play as well as we can, it should be academic.

As always, Win = No Injuries > Holding them to zero > putting 50+ on them

I like Aloiai coming back for the Tigers game. Fitting.

If the Raiders tonight are any indication then there are teams scrapping for the top 8 that will be treating this weekend as last chance saloon.
Tigers are in that bunch. I fully expect them to fire up for their best effort of the year. They'll need a near perfect performance to knock Manly off but I won't be surprised if there are anxious moments.

If the Raiders tonight are any indication then there are teams scrapping for the top 8 that will be treating this weekend as last chance saloon.
Tigers are in that bunch. I fully expect them to fire up for their best effort of the year. They'll need a near perfect performance to knock Manly off but I won't be surprised if there are anxious moments.
Madge keeps talking about the tigers lack of resilience .
They have not been able to hang in there long enough to prevail and win games and the coach has not been able to fix that .
He has said he needs men that are capable to do the job and I think he may be right as he keeps flogging a toothless tiger

I feel that Suli is a little bit unlucky to not have a spot, after is form the last couple of weeks. But then, nobody deserves to be dropped. More up-side than Harper and Parker when he’s playing like last week, over all. love some of those big hard runs he comes up with.
He is not unlucky to not have Lionel's or Scorpio's spot...he is lucky that Scorpio is covering his defensive inadequacies and mental lapses and giving him a shot. Scorpio moves to to wing to let Suli have a start. I hope Des stops doing this crap with him and when we have our best squad available that Walker doesn't keep Sipley or Kelpie or Lawton out of the 17 too. Best player available for each respective position.

Last edited:
Gee I hope the players aren't as cocky as some of us on here because in this competition you can loose to any side. We lost to the Canberra reserve grade team a few weeks ago when everybody though we'd give them a touch up. I know we have all hands on deck this week but the players will need to remain ready for a arm wrestle and respect the football and the opposition. Go Manly!
What’s funny about Canberra is they seem to be a better side with sone of their front liners out. That halves pairing might be the best they have. I’d explore wighton back to fb when fit.

What’s funny about Canberra is they seem to be a better side with sone of their front liners out. That halves pairing might be the best they have. I’d explore wighton back to fb when fit.
I’m quite surprised Frawley hasn’t played more NRL, he has a very good kicking game and a level head

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4