Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
G'day!

I would not expect anyone to get me a game ball signed. If they did that they should keep it themselves!

And.... good morning, I'm alive!!!!!

I know you would not expect that GE and that you were joking so all is good, but hey if I could help out I would try. ;-)

Good morning to you too.....!

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever shouted " For fark's sake somebody run straight " so many times ever during a game. We were close to throwing that game away plenty of times. To me that was as bad as we have played in a while and wouldn't have gotten away with it against a good team. BUT it does show how far we've come if we can play that very badly ( in patches ) and still win.

Winning when well below your best is a skill in itself and hopefully we have found it. I honestly think we play heaps better at night and the 'heat' of day games seems to bring out the worst in us at the moment, falling off tackles, fatigue & lack of shape & structure.

Onwards & Upwards

I was sitting on the sunny Brookvale Oval hill right on half way yesterday enjoying the game and getting amusement from listening to a variety of amusing sledges about Woods.
Manly looked like they were going to run away with the game within the 1st 2 minutes and then they just looked really flat and "clunky". It didn't help that the refs wouldn't keep the Tigpies back further than 7-8 metres and also seemed to miss several, at best, very flat passes. I also couldn't believe the number of passes that seemed to hit the ground instead of the man.
Glad to see that the 2nd half was better and Manly came away with the 2 points.
It was also great to see the Manly Old Boys at the game and brilliant to see Matty Ballin back where he belongs.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8