Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My wife doesn't understand it, i sit there and can watch every other team, All Blacks, Crusaders etc quietly, but turn into a lunatic when Manly play

She came in for the 2nd half today, and I got told to shut my face and not make a comment every 30 seconds. Her other favourite is "shut up, they can't hear you" when I'm telling them what to do
Haha OMG we're all the same. The wife just doesn't understand.

My wife doesn't understand it, i sit there and can watch every other team, All Blacks, Crusaders etc quietly, but turn into a lunatic when Manly play

She came in for the 2nd half today, and I got told to shut my face and not make a comment every 30 seconds. Her other favourite is "shut up, they can't hear you" when I'm telling them what to do

Mine used to watch the game with me.

Right up until I said "I do."

then the truth came out and i don't think she's watched a game since.

At least I get left alone. lol

His hands are a concern, but realistically that shouldn't be a hard fix. I haven't been huge on the kid from day one, and can never see him being a superstar centre, but he can be an adequate NRL centre with a touch of class

Hardest part for a rookie centre in defence, it's the hardest position of the lot defence wise, and he hasn't been found wanting there at all, so that is a huge plus in his favour, and has shown the occasional bit of nice footwork as well to suggest he can develop more attack

Lol remember those days well, I was nearly the Lone Ranger on here thinking Matai was decent ! The old running out of the line caused great debate

TBH was a bit flat all round for me today, 1st Manly/Tigers game since a good mate who went for them passed away, missed the banter and being called cheats !!

Sorry to hear mate ! I hope you're ok.

Oh man. Don't you have Foxtel IQ? I remember the days Fox used to play the Sunday game on 30 mins delay. I'd stream the radio on the Internet, and sprint to the television through the ads, while it recorded on Foxtel.

I feel for you, brother.
Foxtel isn't in the budget - according to Mrs VFTH

That game was in slow motion. Lots of manly passes hit the ground, low intensity.

A frustrating game to be at. I never thought we'd lose but fair dinkum.

Woods is as slow in real life as he is on television, but he killed manly with offloads all day.

Manly decided to play direct in the last 20 which is a great relief. Dumb idea to try and go around them, especially when it didn't work a third time passing wide to uate on the last tackle.

Foxtel isn't in the budget - according to Mrs VFTH
So $55pm is too much to keep you out of her hair :rolleyes:

You even get a free 32" TV
tv-content-hisense-ent-bg-170630_v2.jpg

https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/foxtel-iq/sports.html

optimistic view but we were crap today and still were good enough to win, played maybe 20 minutes at most of what we are capable of, 5 tries with that showing really shows we have something going on.

we get another shot at these guys soon and if we are on things could get ugly

Holy hell, my heart was racing in this one.A touch of doubt started to come over me.Lucky DCE was playing today.The pulling hair crap should go out the door real quick.I am not one for watching that shiiiiite. Its been a while since i have seen any off that crap at our club and i am not impressed.Darcy needs to get his act together.For a club that has so much spirit and potential, why do we insist on putting that bullet in our own feet.Anyway we have the win and onto better things.I am not sure but i think its the Dragoons next week.

Holy hell, my heart was racing in this one.A touch of doubt started to come over me.Lucky DCE was playing today.The pulling hair crap should go out the door real quick.I am not one for watching that shiiiiite. Its been a while since i have seen any off that crap at our club and i am not impressed.Darcy needs to get his act together.For a club that has so much spirit and potential, why do we insist on putting that bullet in our own feet.Anyway we have the win and onto better things.I am not sure but i think its the Dragoons next week.
Id say trent will rip darcy a new one over that . He will get the crap out of his game and make him a smarter player.

I've been taking the thought in that if Marty offloads in either of his first 3 carries...we are going to have a good day.

It's kinda working.

@Eagleheart seeing as you're going to the game...can you please get me a game ball signed by the players? thanks. That'd be awesome!!! :)

Doh, so sorry @globaleagle, only just saw your message after I returned home. But I did think about you before the game......if that helps....! ;-)

Would have loved to have got a ball or something signed for you though, but was not able to get to the signing session afterwards anyway, unfortunately..!!

as a fan I have the right to bag every single one of them if it warrants it which it did. We are twice as good as the tigers but didn't play like it till the last 20. Once we got back to building pressure the game was ours.
Yeah whatever man, bag away, knock yourself out. You also posted that Uate is crap. Did you enjoy the try he scored where he burned Tedesco as well as others to give us back the lead? Sure glad Barrett thinks differently. But like you say, you have the right to bag them on a faceless Internet forum, you're a fan. The players I'm sure love fans like you.

Darcy has always had stupid crap in his game, I can't see him changing, you just know he is going to give away crucial penalties every game. As the pointy end of the season comes about, it's gotta be about mitigating team liabilities, and Darcy is a big liability, it's a shame as he had some good runs today.

It was good to get the win today, but it was far from a good win. We got so many of the basics wrong, locking up the ball, making tackles, discipline, building pressure and respecting the opposition. (Anyone bar the Tigers would have beaten us today)

We have storm and roosters coming up, any back to back losses see a massive slide down the ladder. The fast and loose way we played in attack, the lack of urgency in defence are causes for concern. Individually, many players have to step it up. Kelly's attention to detail and commitment. Winterstein and his penalties and his, green and walkers arm grabbing in tackles. Lloyd perret needs to offer much more in his running. Cherry needs to play the percentages rather than going for the miracle play so often.

We have a good team, with a handful of great players, the rest of our team need to offer more, and play their part better.

Next two weeks will tell us about what we can achieve in thus years comp. Barrett needs to get tough with a few of them as I fear complacency is setting into the team a little.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12