Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Maybe these wives you guys mention need to spend an 'Understanding Manly supporting' session with myself, @HappilyManly @ALinda @JenEagle @MissKate @Brooke @marga and all other fine women on here. We could help them take on the glory and burdens of 'playing' for Manly as we do from the sidelines, on lounges, public transport, driving and the rest.
We might be in the minority but the Manly affliction doesn't only effect blokes.
BTW. Very happy with our Mighty Sea Eagles today. GO MANLY!

Last edited:
So after being at Brookie for that one, I have got to say the energy/hunger from the boys was pretty lacking for much of the game. I was waiting for them to fire up and when they did, it was not until the second half with about 20 minutes to go.

Anyway, last week might have actually really impacted them, it was a massive defensive effort from them and the shear lopsided penalty count, would have been extremely draining. So who knows, but I am extremely happy we got the win in the end.

Chez, Marty, Uate, Tom and Jake were stand outs. Special mention to Uate, he really has some passion this fellow, after each try the Tigers scored in the first half (I could see him from where I was sitting) he was obviously not happy and quite animated. I like seeing some reaction from players when the opposition scores it tells me they give a dam. And Uate's try was a game changer in the second half. He was awesome, his focus and determination to score was just outstanding and he helped us in a big way to get the win, no doubt about it.

I realise Kelly is young, but he has had some ordinary games in the past two to three weeks and he had another today, is he carrying an injury? Speaking of injuries I wonder if Walker and Wright are both playing busted?

It was a patchy performance overall. Great start, 2 well structured tries to start, then they got some ball and our defence gifted them 10 points which were disappointing. Second half they get a fluke try and I thought our defence got us back into the contest and to score the last 20 points of the game was pleasing.

At the time we were not direct with the ball and we were a bit too frantic for our good. I would like to see Manly manage a game better, with 10 to go we had it won and we made it hard for ourselves by pushing the pass.

To be honest the team has been off the boil for 3 weeks now and to get 2 wins is pleasing when we have not been at our best. The team has some big tests ahead and its a great learning curve for them moving forward.

DCE was really good again and Jake T continues to mature and impress. Uate scored a cracking try and I thought Tommy Turbo was a constant threat. Scrappy win but a VITAL one in the washup.

A good win today yes we lacked intensity at times ,We aren't playing anywhere near as good as we can , Which in turn is a good thing we are sitting 3rd not many would have thought that
! major thing we do lack is urgency in playing the ball i see it every week other teams move crawl, roll, buck call it what you like but it can generate a penalty . We need to get ol Mick Hancock down for a practice on trying to get up and play the ball (maybe thats a bit drastic with Hancock he was a crazy dude on that aspect) but the team need to and get up quicker
Anyways a win is a win points in bank tough run ahead but Manly are finals bound

Doh, so sorry @globaleagle, only just saw your message after I returned home. But I did think about you before the game......if that helps....! ;-)

Would have loved to have got a ball or something signed for you though, but was not able to get to the signing session afterwards anyway, unfortunately..!!

G'day!

I would not expect anyone to get me a game ball signed. If they did that they should keep it themselves!

And.... good morning, I'm alive!!!!!

Maybe these wives you guys mention need to spend an 'Understanding Manly supporting' session with myself, @HappilyManly @ALinda @JenEagle @MissKate @Brooke @marga and all other fine women on here. We could help them take on the glory and burdens of 'playing' for Manly as we do from the sidelines, on lounges, public transport, driving and the rest.
We might be in the minority but the Manly affliction doesn't only effect blokes.
BTW. Very happy with our Mighty Sea Eagles today. GO MANLY!

Ok guys.... now we know where we can go to watch the footy! lol.

I have this image of about 200 of us guys all turning up at the ladies' doorsteps with an esky (or chilly bin for kiwi Eagle), some steak, and our most charming smiles! :giggle:

The crowd looked good on TV as well. So much better than those huge stadiums with tens of thousands of empty seats.

Ok guys.... now we know where we can go to watch the footy! lol.

I have this image of about 200 of us guys all turning up at the ladies' doorsteps with an esky (or chilly bin for kiwi Eagle), some steak, and our most charming smiles! :giggle:

You're welcome guys. As long as you share the contents of your eskys
and chilly bins.:D
The Manly chant echoing through my bush town full of QLD country folk, would be priceless.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11