Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Worst part: Full house, at home, in front of all the legends, against a crap team, who only have 16 men, we are playing on our heels, and out hustled. WTF?
Maybe they were inspired by the Golden Eagles appearance at the Parra game two years ago. That was another bust.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
to all those saying we a re playing like crap...I say bull ****. this is a prime example of the refs doing their best to screw us over

Our defence does need to tighten up, but the two 6 again's when the ball wasn't played at plus I have so far counted 9 forward passes (only one of which was pulled up) have hurt. The second of the repeat sets when we realistically should have had the ball led directly to a try.

But in saying that, yes we do look flat today for whatever reason.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Why are playing 9s footy.

Api woeful passing to the ground. Dce throwing lofted cutouts behind uate.

Thank **** lane is playing

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Manly need to run at the line, our forwards seem to mainly play catch and pass :banghead:

Wright pulled his groin on scoring and is a passenger on the LHS :confused:

Feel for Kels, but why Manly players refuse to ever jump, is beyond me :mad:

Maaaanly, Maaaanly FFS :cool::D

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok, let's be fair, we are obviously the better quality team. We just need to hold the ball, execute, and play on our toes (not heels). I don't understand how our energy levels and flimsy defense are so poor?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I know it's a real cliche ( sorry) but just like the last time we played these pricks " they've really turned up to play".

Apparently some guy put $5k at $5 on the Tigers, maybe he's smarter than all of us.
Why is it that we play our worst on these big home ground occasions lately. Playing like we did last year. No hunger. Can't believe we're going to blow this opportunity.

Ryan

Journey Man
Manly need to run at the line, our forwards seem to mainly play catch and pass :banghead:

Wright pulled his groin on scoring and is a passenger on the LHS :confused:

Feel for Kels, but why Manly players refuse to ever jump, is beyond me :mad:

Maaaanly, Maaaanly FFS :cool::D

Kelly is starting to have a case of the Vatuvei's. Costs us either a try or two in attack or defense almost every game now.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Our problem today stems from a poor attitude when a call or the bounce of the ball doesn't go our way. We start making discipline errors and poor judgement calls instead of shutting out what just happened and steeling ourselves to the task at that moment.

DCE struggling to organise his team during that period, and then trying too hard, instead of getting organised and smart while being patient and trusting the structures.

It's like players are just hoping Tigers will hand them the game and they don't have to try too hard.

While Kelly has a lot of potential and I would like to see us persevere with him as he develops, he has some major blunders in his game that really need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Terrible stuff, 2 quick tries the worst thing that could happen, we stopped going forward and went sideways instead. Barrett will be onto that now but Cleary is no mug either, won't be easy

I expect a big change when Taupau/Jake/Lawrence come back, if not then we are in huge trouble

Had enough of the long balls to the winger too

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20