Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'm happy to be called out Mark. I'm not happy to have my words twisted, then violence threattened. I have no fear of these old, overweight men who try and intimidate people with threats of violence on a Rugby League board.

Kevin needs to apologise for:
1. Misreading my comments
2. Threatening an assault

As I said in my last post, if he does so, I'll let it go. Even @Jerry1 says I back down to these guys way too easily.
Mate I was just winding you up - ignore me as most others do... By the way I think I'm one of those overweight old people... :)

The left edge D lost us that game. We showed more resolve and goal line defence in the second half but in the end 30 points was just too much to come back from. For mine green is going ok but he just seems too slow in everything he does including defence. He is a pretty poor defender and not working well at all with Winterstein. Api service today was a little dissapointing to say the least. Other parts of the game we were massively on top and could of easily won it. I do like what hastings brings and could be a good long term halves pairing to dce. I just dont see cullen good enough organsier or defender as yet for the number 6. Not sure what the situation is with hoppa but he has been very strong in reggies. He could definitely be a top nrl back rower if he keeps going the way he is. Cause we need stronger edge defence!
Good post mate, spot on in everything you've posted. Jamil was very good today in reggies. I also thought Lane had some decent impact as well.

Faster play-the-balls, intensity in his gathering the ball from kicks. Basically, the same player as we saw the weeks before that.

It's statements like this, that irritate the sh1t out of me when it comes to you. Seriously the kid played his heart out and we were a better side with him at the back. Anyone who knows even the remotest thing about rugby league can see that this kid is special. Even on an average day like today, 180 odd metres, set up a try that got us back in the game and defended well. And here you are demanding quicker play the balls and more intensity when gathering kicks. FMD whoever it is from the club that purportedly chooses to share insider information with you needs to have their head read.

To play that poorly and be in the mix with the Storm is a credit.

We have a good team.
We just need to play consistently. We weren't in game for a lot of today and only just lost to the Storm who are equal first.
We can build on that.

Consistency and intensity is the issue at the moment.
Under Desmond we were a special for giving away a try in the 5 mins before half time but we could win around that lapse. Under Baz it seems to be coming out cold and spotting the opposition a start. We need to try to own the opening 20. That should be the focus.

And it was over the dead ball on the full from kickoffs.
Though one was dubious.

It's statements like this, that irritate the sh1t out of me when it comes to you. Seriously the kid played his heart out and we were a better side with him at the back. Anyone who knows even the remotest thing about rugby league can see that this kid is special. Even on an average day like today, 180 odd metres, set up a try that got us back in the game and defended well. And here you are demanding quicker play the balls and more intensity when gathering kicks. FMD whoever it is from the club that purportedly chooses to share insider information with you needs to have their head read.

He hasn't been as good, according to his coach, as he was earlier on. Are you disagreeing with him, as well? Maybe BOTH Trent & I are in the wrong, Kevin?

Why is almost every post of yours written in a way to cause conflict? If you're not incorrectly accusing me of calling your actual G/F a name (which I never did), you're telling people (incorrectly) I'm calling people pedophiles.

Then your threatening violence on top, using those very false accusations as the catalysts?

I understand you're probably a little put off by the fact we'd won 3 games, and you posted the, "I told you so" posts to everyone who had concern about the trajectory of the team over the past 2.5 seasons. I have to admit, I still have concern about the trajectory Kevin.

When our team is "on", boy, they can beat anyone. The problem here is consistency. Effort and consistency. I've seen Tom literally take a team apart single handedly. I personally feel he hasn't been to that level the last two weeks. Now, I hope that doesn't warrant another threatened beating from you, or a diatribe of woodsie like abuse (who you obviously are "extremely" fond of, and appear to be a little intimidated of).

Like I said in another thread - these are just opinions. Surely you can be a little more open minded to them. Again, we ALL get that you think I attack every member of the club. You've stated it over, and over, and over.

One thing we do need is a first choice kicker. Walker is 21/31 so far this year.....67.7%.
Easiest solution Hastings to starting hooker and Kicking solved as we will be in some close ones this year decided by goals and don't want to miss the 8 by a missed win or for and against! He can play 80mins. He looked good there today and a ball playing option. Still young may need work defence. so Baz please make the obvious choice and let go of the Panther connection you brought over. It's okay to make some mistakes just learn from them and be better for it. Need to work out the bench utility player then. Cullen? Tries his heart out every game and we need that passion.

He hasn't been as good, according to his coach, as he was earlier on. Are you disagreeing with him, as well? Maybe BOTH Trent & I are in the wrong, Kevin?

Why is almost every post of yours written in a way to cause conflict? If you're not incorrectly accusing me of calling your actual G/F a name (which I never did), you're telling people (incorrectly) I'm calling people pedophiles.

Then your threatening violence on top, using those very false accusations as the catalysts?

I understand you're probably a little put off by the fact we'd won 3 games, and you posted the, "I told you so" posts to everyone who had concern about the trajectory of the team over the past 2.5 seasons. I have to admit, I still have concern about the trajectory Kevin.

When our team is "on", boy, they can beat anyone. The problem here is consistency. Effort and consistency. I've seen Tom literally take a team apart single handedly. I personally feel he hasn't been to that level the last two weeks. Now, I hope that doesn't warrant another threatened beating from you, or a diatribe of woodsie like abuse (who you obviously are "extremely" fond of, and appear to be a little intimidated of).

Like I said in another thread - these are just opinions. Surely you can be a little more open minded to them. Again, we ALL get that you think I attack every member of the club. You've stated it over, and over, and over.
You really are a double minded clown. Wasn't it YOU that posted a couple of weeks ago, after we smashed the Dogs (I'll dig the post up if you like) that stated if we beat the Roosters you would rate us as premiership contenders. To which I responded "Ryan in a matter of a couple of weeks you have gone from rating us as worse than the Northern Eagles to potential premiers." Look it up if you like, it's there for everyone to see. Mate, you're a dribbler, a double minded dribbler, and you would be the last person I'd share anything remotely important with if I was in the know at an NRL club. Most people who know people who know "things" don't go advertising it on public forums. And as far as being intimidated by @Woodsie, you and only you could manifest such nonsense. Like I said your stance and position changes like the wind, you're the type of bloke that enemy forces would spare in a war, with full knowledge that you'll spill the beans on all your mates. The type of bloke that inspires someone to hack your facebook and post a photo of you passed out in a onesie. Basically just a dud. The type of bloke that follows the Bears then chooses to support the club that basically outsmarted them and wiped them out of the NRL.

Last edited:
You really are a double minded clown. Wasn't it YOU that posted a couple of weeks ago, after we smashed the Dogs (I'll dig the post up if you like) that stated if we beat the Roosters you would rate us as premiership contenders. To which I responded "Ryan in a matter of a couple of weeks you have gone from rating us as worse than the Northern Eagles to potential premiers." Look it up if you like, it's there for everyone to see. Mate, you're a dribbler, a double minded dribbler, and you would be the last person I'd share anything remotely important with if I was in the know at an NRL club. Most people who know people who know "things" don't go advertising it on public forums. And as far as being intimidated by @Woodsie, you and only you could manifest such nonsense. Like I said your stance and position changes like the wind, you're the type of bloke that enemy forces would spare in a war, with full knowledge that you'll spill the beans on all your mates. The type of bloke that inspires someone to hack your facebook and post a photo of you passed out in a onesie. Basically just a dud. The type of bloke that follows the Bears then chooses to support the club that basically outsmarted them and wiped them out of the NRL.

Just basically offended quite a few Manly fans there pal. There are quite afew in my book, sir - even on this forum. Really looking for buddies, aren't you.

Love to see some of them come out, and share their opinion of this siloist, narrow minded opinion.

Just watched the press conferences and swear you would have thought the Storm had lossed the game judging by that.
Say what you will about the Storm you have to respect their culture and expectations from within, Smith was saying how disappointed he has been with their performances so far... they have only lost one game!
Reminds me of the expectations every season our team had during the golden era.

Just basically offended quite a few Manly fans there pal. There are quite afew in my book, sir - even on this forum. Really looking for buddies, aren't you.

Love to see some of them come out, and share their opinion of this siloist, narrow minded opinion.

I can only gauge my opinion via people I know (and love). My cousins are born and bred Norths supporters. They HATE anything to do with Manly, and I reiterate HATE with a passion. Me personally, I could never support a team I had spent a lifetime hating. It would be like Manly and Parramatta merging, only for Manly to be sold a dummy and be forced to thank the Eels for all their efforts as they were drop kicked out the door of the competition. My cousins are League fanatics and after many seasons of being in an NRL vacuum, one of them has started to warm towards the Broncos, while the other two wait in hope that the great Florimo will get them a gig once more. But all of that is really quite pointless, my point is you talk sh1t, highlighted by your ridiculous statement that we would be premiership contenders if we beat the Roosters. Which came on the back of an even more ridiculous statement wheee you had our roster as worse than the Northern Eagles. I don't really care what you stand for "pal" just stand for something, win, lose or draw, through the good and the mediocre (as a Manly supporter I've never experienced the bad, evidenced by our lack of wooden spoons after 70 years). Still, I don't get why anyone significant at the club would choose to share important inside info with you. As YOU said, the club chose not to act on the info you shared regarding a sponsorship opportunity. Anyway I've said all, I want apologise profusely to those I have offended (particularly Bears supporters who have chosen to support Manly.) and promise all and sundry that I will not respond to an @Ryan post again (unless @Woodsie ptivate messages me and orders me to do so.)

Last edited:
Just watched the press conferences and swear you would have thought the Storm had lossed the game judging by that.
Say what you will about the Storm you have to respect their culture and expectations from within, Smith was saying how disappointed he has been with their performances so far... they have only lost one game!
Reminds me of the expectations every season our team had during the golden era.
I won't ever respect a culture of cheating. I won't ever respect a culture of filth. I won't ever respect that purple scum of a club whilst that prick Bellamy is there.

I 100% respect your right to respect such a culture.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10