Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The most concerning thing were the Manly supporters* co-mingling with Melbourne supporters (possibly Frank Ponissi’s family), jockeying for Smith’s signature.

* They should have been quietly led away, never to be seen or heard from again.
Seriously? They should have been the ones arrested.

What a nightmare tonight was couldn’t believe it the boys have tried all year we didn’t deserve our season to send like this !! We haven’t had a lot of luck with injuries at all this year

Our top four possibilities: Roosters beat Souths well next week and we beat the Eels well. Souths have a points differential 32 points superior to us. The other possibility is Raiders losing both remaining games Sharks (away) tomorrow and Warriors (home) next week and we beat the Eels. This would also be possible if we beat the Eels and the Raiders lose one & draw one.

If the above doesn't eventuate, we will remain in fifth place by beating the Eels or if the Eels beat us by less than 11 points - we have a superior differential of 22 points.
So just beat the eels

Walters would claim his own child is Smith's thanks to a play Cameron had nothing to do with.

It is hard to take a defeat like that. We are again found totally wanting in wet weather. Our tactics to play fast and open dry weather football were a recipe for disaster tonight. I think the most telling stat is 6 line drops outs to blot against us. They played perfect wet weather football on the back of being allowed to establish a ruck dominance un policed by Cummings and by the time we got our first penalty its already 18-0 down. We got schooled I am afraid and the naivety of the team to allow an extra 12 points when we had a man advantage with 12 to go is criminal!! No respect for the ball and we got smashed! This is the fourth time this season we have been totally humbled in the wet and a real weakness in our game. Tonight was all about good dummy half running, good kick chase and build pressure and were a poor second in every facet and did not throw a punch at the Drizzle, expensive night again losing Tommy as we did. This team has the capacity to bounce back and next week is a chance to do so!

I can’t see us loosing to parra after this game. Des will rip into them and parra will be on the end of it come game day. Looking forward to next week. As far as I’m concerned Tom being out ain’t good but we have overcome problems like this before. Realistically speaking I don’t think we have the talent to get a place in the GF but we will give it a good crack this year. We have done ok guys so don’t feel bad and to think we still have hope on our side along with a terrific coach.

I can’t see us loosing to parra after this game. Des will rip into them and parra will be on the end of it come game day. Looking forward to next week. As far as I’m concerned Tom being out ain’t good but we have overcome problems like this before. Realistically speaking I don’t think we have the talent to get a place in the GF but we will give it a good crack this year. We have done ok guys so don’t feel bad and to think we still have hope on our side along with a terrific coach.
Not just tom, also thompson, boyle looked bad, gogetski too

I was at the game and couldn't believe what the Storm were allowed to get away with. The refs were clearly blind to them holding our players down and not being back the ten. It went on for the entire first half. This combined with Tommy's injury, along with the rain, we never stood a chance.

It is hard to take a defeat like that. We are again found totally wanting in wet weather. Our tactics to play fast and open dry weather football were a recipe for disaster tonight. I think the most telling stat is 6 line drops outs to blot against us. They played perfect wet weather football on the back of being allowed to establish a ruck dominance un policed by Cummings and by the time we got our first penalty its already 18-0 down. We got schooled I am afraid and the naivety of the team to allow an extra 12 points when we had a man advantage with 12 to go is criminal!! No respect for the ball and we got smashed! This is the fourth time this season we have been totally humbled in the wet and a real weakness in our game. Tonight was all about good dummy half running, good kick chase and build pressure and were a poor second in every facet and did not throw a punch at the Drizzle, expensive night again losing Tommy as we did. This team has the capacity to bounce back and next week is a chance to do so!
Can I ask, why was Cam allowed to play his game? Seriously, no one even attempted to put him to the ground.

How come different Manly players all dropped the ball at least 10 times tonight :fubar:

Scumos held on plus got all the penalties that Cummins could conjure :mad:

All the best to Turbo and Boyle :inlove:

[/QUOTE]

Re our dropped ball, at one stage in the first half the tackle count was 156-90.
The damage was done early and then we’re chasing points and that rarely ends well.

Good news is we get to see the Roosters Rabbits score before we play. Rabbits lose bad we still have a shot at 4th. If they win, lay down and get the Broncs at home 1st elimination.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Well, the nrl and Toddy got what they want.

A whole week of Manly bashing led to the storm doing what they do best, wrestle with impunity, chambers was allowed to sprint off the line at will and totally by accident not on purpose at all, three injuries to the team that has scared the storm the most during the regular season.

The love for the storm by the ceo knows no bounds. sCam really needs a gf send off (before he decides to play on yet another year!)

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

The bottom line is, without Turbo we don't have the firepower to win it this year. It has been a great season but it's not our year. Hopefully some shrewd recruiting, the return of Albert Hopoate, and some other young guys stepping up will see us ready to put in a really strong 2020.
Unfortunately ,we really need a back up young attacking weapon of a fullback.Hopefully Hopoate may be that man.
All the top teams have a top shelf fullback and a top shelf hooker.Unfortunately due to Toms injury history ,we need to have two Top tier fullbacks at attention.

Good news is we get to see the Roosters Rabbits score before we play. Rabbits lose bad we still have a shot at 4th. If they win, lay down and get the Broncs at home 1st elimination.
Rorters can't affect their 2nd spot now and will rest players.

Good learning experience for Des and the Team.:nerd:

Both our flanks were turnstiles last night and just need to learn to apply themselves :nod:

Finals footy in 2019 is a welcome surprise :clap:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4