Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt the Titans had only 18 players to choose 17 from in the last round.

And let's be somewhat fair , Henry has been coaching for a fair while and even has some SOO experience, so the comparison ( Luke Ryan's stats) is not completely fair.

Look mate , this is the deal, I get you hate Barrett and want him gone but you can say whatever you like he's not going anywhere..........yet.

I've said on here before , if we are in the same position after 6-8 rounds in 2017, I'll join the sack Barrett brigade.

Until then I'm ambivalent!
1. Forget the last round and compare the team and injuries that Henry had and we had from the beginning of the season
2. We all know that Barrett is a rookie coach but we also know that he came on board with a great reputation on being the next best thing and the question I asked you that you did not answer was , What has Barrett done with this team to prove to us that he is a smart coach ? because I have seen nothing !!
3. I don't hate Barrett, I hate losing . I wanted Barrett to succeed because I love Manly feathered d friend

1. Forget the last round and compare the team and injuries that Henry had and we had from the beginning of the season
2. We all know that Barrett is a rookie coach but we also know that he came on board with a great reputation on being the next best thing and the question I asked you that you did not answer was , What has Barrett done with this team to prove to us that he is a smart coach ? because I have seen nothing !!
3. I don't hate Barrett, I hate losing . I wanted Barrett to succeed because I love Manly feathered d friend

Mate I'm refusing to be drawn into a full on argument about this, I've stated my case, you've stated yours, we are not that far apart.

If we are in the same position early next year I'm joining your side, until then both you , and I , know that the Penn group aren't changing anything , so all this discussion is purely a moot point!

I share your frustration @BOZO and it has been a sht season with no real signs of promise but @Mark from Brisbane is right. It's a moot point arguing about whether Barrett sux as a head coach or not. He did have plenty of decent players available that should be playing finals and even though injuries have been crippling I think his selections early in the season cost us. Our defense did improve (slightly) but our attack has been confused and messy. He's got 6 months to assemble the team he wants and get them fit and ready. There's no excuses from now. If we are down the table by rd10 next year then the knives will have to come out. Until then we must support the club as much as we can. Believe me that supporting them through the sht times makes the good times even sweeter. Who could ever forgett supporting them through the N.E Sharpe disaster days into the 2006-2014 days.

I share your frustration @BOZO and it has been a sht season with no real signs of promise but @Mark from Brisbane is right. It's a moot point arguing about whether Barrett sux as a head coach or not. He did have plenty of decent players available that should be playing finals and even though injuries have been crippling I think his selections early in the season cost us. Our defense did improve (slightly) but our attack has been confused and messy. He's got 6 months to assemble the team he wants and get them fit and ready. There's no excuses from now. If we are down the table by rd10 next year then the knives will have to come out. Until then we must support the club as much as we can. Believe me that supporting them through the sht times makes the good times even sweeter. Who could ever forgett supporting them through the N.E Sharpe disaster days into the 2006-2014 days.

Exactly Mick, as I just said in another thread, Barrett will be the coach under the most pressure at the start of 2017, he knows it, we know it, and the Penn's know it.

If he has a reasonable roster, fair draw, and gets an almost injury free run for 5-6 weeks and we are still losing, I'll be on board the @BOZO bandwagon.

BUT discussing it infinitem now is just a waste of time.

Sad but true. Even Snake, Matai, and Lyon have provided very little excitement so far this year. I'm starting to wonder if these 3 club greats are just too injured, or too old? Barrett may have blundered big-time by re-signing these gents.

One year too many for all three AND, we might still have two to go in 2017.

I'm not in any way denigrating what they have done , or that they are legends, but it's clear that for the money they are highly injury prone and as such liabilities.

I just hate saying that, but roll forward 6 months and if the two remaining are still taking up 1.2 million in cap space, and at best playing say 50% of the season then it's not just one year too many it's two years too many!

One year too many for all three AND, we might still have two to go in 2017.

I'm not in any way denigrating what they have done , or that they are legends, but it's clear that for the money they are highly injury prone and as such liabilities.

I just hate saying that, but roll forward 6 months and if the two remaining are still taking up 1.2 million in cap space, and at best playing say 50% of the season then it's not just one year too many it's two years too many!
I would hope that being the professionals I've always thought they were, that if they knew they couldn't play to 100% again that they would give it away. Personally I think they do have 1 more top season in them IF they get over their injuries. Mentally I hope that whatever has affected Snake this year is past.

I would hope that being the professionals I've always thought they were, that if they knew they couldn't play to 100% again that they would give it away. Personally I think they do have 1 more top season in them IF they get over their injuries. Mentally I hope that whatever has affected Snake this year is past.

I hope you are right and wouldn't it be wonderful if you were but more than likely they'll be injured for much of 2017 if they are still here.

Skivvy ( God love him) has been playing under extreme pain for years, how the heck is that going to change?

Snakes had two knee reconstructions, as a result his hamstrings are buggered , how's 6 months off going to change that. Attitude aside he'll last a few games and be on the sidelines for most of 2017 absorbing $700k a year ( which he'll think is his right).

Sadly both are liabilities, I do not like saying it, and in no way is it with disrespect to what they've done, but reality is reality.

Last edited:
Mate I'm refusing to be drawn into a full on argument about this, I've stated my case, you've stated yours, we are not that far apart.

If we are in the same position early next year I'm joining your side, until then both you , and I , know that the Penn group aren't changing anything , so all this discussion is purely a moot point!
Fair call @mickqld and I don't disagree with @ Mark from Brisbane either . I was just expressing my frustration for this season . Like your self I also support our team through the good times, the bad times and the hell northern eagles times . It's either Manly or nothing for me as well feathered friend
11059440_947786021945500_6665840093732400263_n.jpg

done and dusted ages ago I know....but boredom dictates.......

Vossy who never lets things go if he sees something he doesn't like when he commentates and he usually harps on about it in his set of 6 column (or whatever it is) but it was interesting to listen when:

The first try against us was off a forward pass...he said it was forward but then very quickly he started saying "ah well the touchie was right there, gotta go with the ref's decision, lets not go to the bunker, etc."

I mean brandy 'i hate manly' alexander couldn't agree fast enough but it must be the first time voss has 180 degreed himself that fast. Whiplash court case?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6