Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 16, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 30
4 Pines Park
30 Jun 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Just had a look at a couple of stats, they pretty much own us, with only 15 w from 40 games, last time we beat them was Rd 11 2018 @ AMMI 24-4, they are our second worst result to St Merge of all sides, 2 games away.

10 of our wins came between 2003/2011, no surprises there, it’s been pretty lean picking over the last 11 years, we need to have a red hot crack at home against them this weekend, it was devastating to drop our home game last weekend the way we did, spoiling our unbeaten home ground run this year, time to start over.

I hope the boys want to play finals this year and rebuild the fortress, as good as Melbourne are their not unbeatable, their pack is aging and we should aim to get over them physically, aside from the fact they’ve been winning they haven’t looked like the Melbourne of times gone bye. Hughes and Munster will be hard to keep out of the game as will Paps, stopping their forwards is the key, it can be done, hope our boys want it badly enough, particularly up front, nothing fancy just aim up and play physical, our backs need to get in and help out as much as they can to help our big boys out. I hope Des loads the bench with 3 big men. Strangely enough I think we are in with more of a chance than most are giving us, including the stats.

I hope all our boys come back from rep duties with a clean bill of health, reinvigorated and pumped to play us into the finals, they can start by bashing the Scum.
I think last time we beat them was actually in 2019 down at Aami. Des' return year, manase tearing it up that year, it was a cracking one to remember. Unfortunately they've absolutely flogged us every game since

I think last time we beat them was actually in 2019 down at Aami. Des' return year, manase tearing it up that year, it was a cracking one to remember. Unfortunately they've absolutely flogged us every game since
Just had another look Pete, played twice in 19, we did beat them by a point in Rd 19 @ AMMI, 11-10, we played again round 24 and got flogged 36-6 @ home. My bad for trusting Wiki for those stats, they have Melbourne winning twice in 19, even Wiki tries to rob us.
Was just reading another article and FoxSport has us losing 34-8, not 36-6, makes me wonder!

Last edited:
I think the Storm pretty much own most teams in the comp. They don't exactly make a habit of losing.
Yes, I feel you might be right, made me go and have a look, might find this funny, only one side in Melbournes history in the NRL has a better win ratio over them, the North’s Sydney Bears, played 3 times, won twice, St George pre merge went 1 & 1 and the The Northern Eagles played 5 times to win 2 lose 3, no one else has even come close, although not really relevant anymore.
This might surprise, of the teams still playing the side with the best record is the Dogs 21 wins from 44, the Dogs also have a better win record against the Storm playing finals, playing 5 times for 3 wins, the team with the best win rate against them in finals will also surprise, the warriors have a perfect record playing 2 for 2, only two other clubs have got the better of them in finals records, the chooks played 4 times for 3 wins and believe it or not Newcastle played 3 times for 2 wins, we unfortunately have meet 5 times for only 1 victory, but it was the greatest grand final hiding in History, oh well it feels good to end on that one. 40, ZERO.

Half time

Storm 20
Manly 12

Full time

Storm 54
Manly 12
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty.

A40722FB-F975-4E05-A251-5FC18082CA39.gif

After everything is said and done

It is up to the character of the players that wear the proud Manly Jersey

for the game to be lost or won

Ruben Croker and walker all get a good deserved rest this week.

I know it's crazy saying but I still think we play finals footy this year have us playing sharks or rabbits away in week 1 of finals.

We will struggle badly now on Thursday night can't see us getting close to them, just limit the damage and move on.
Yep, losing Aloiai will definitely soften any chance we had, pretty sure we had to take it to them up front to be in with a hope. I hate rep games and SOO being played during the regular season, call me selfish, but I just want all our focus centred on our premiership campaign.

It will be criminal if Schuster doesn't start on Thursday night. He needs to handle the ball as much as possible.

With Aloiai out, Davey might be brought into front row rotation. Touch wood that our two Origin players come through unscathed.

It will be criminal if Schuster doesn't start on Thursday night. He needs to handle the ball as much as possible.

With Aloiai out, Davey might be brought into front row rotation. Touch wood that our two Origin players come through unscathed.
100%

If Tapau’s Samoan form was transferred to Manly every week it would go a long way to alleviating Aloai’s absence.

Instead Marty will probably do his Darrell Williams impression - brilliant at national level, just ok at club level.
You can add DCE to that list goes ok for those ugly qld side and plays worse when he comes back to us.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2