Post-Game Discussion Manly V Storm [Round 12, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
26 4 Pines Park
24 May 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
lol, week after week 75% of the team are called ****, all week the same prophets say Manly is absolutely no chance against Melbourne and will be flogged. Win the game and still it isn’t good enough and not enjoyable. FMD
Don't underestimate the effort and imagination necessary to come up with all the doomsday scenarios. But in the end I suspect its just a sort of coping mechanism for the stress for being a fan. Anyhow if it saves the odd cat from a kicking then let 'em wail here to their hearts content.
Happy night for all Manly fans, whether they admit t or not @:D

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't underestimate the effort and imagination necessary to come up with all the doomsday scenarios. But in the end I suspect its just a sort of coping mechanism for the stress for being a fan. Anyhow if it saves the odd cat from a kicking then let 'em wail here to their hearts content.
Happy night for all Manly fans, whether they admit t or not @:D
Passionate fans show these emotions and it’s all over this forum

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Heart in mouth stuff , I couldn’t believe Brooke’s dropped that ball and then we recover and Waddel does the same
Anyways great win over Storm , and if Klein was going to be so shameless and blatant trying to rob us he should at least have the good grace to wear a mask !!

skull61

Bencher
Aloiai was great tonight
Anyone questioning Jake,obviously don’t watch what he does
GCKT done enough to warrant more games/time
Bullemor only 11 minutes
Klein was his usual
And finally,the Fox hosts in studio have been waxing lyrically over DCE’s game,did I miss something?
Same for the 9 commentators so yeah you may have missed something

QLDSeaeagle

Reserve Grader
That was a hard watch.

I had to have little breaks and watch something else.

I'm just glad we got there in the end despite Klein doing his level best to screw us sideways. Bloody hell I'm surprised he didn't sin bin a couple of our blokes for tackling Scum players when they were trying to score.
I had to have large Bourbons my breaks were pouring them.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Man, that was a tough win.

As we usually do, we tried very hard to lose a game we should have had under control, but I'm thrilled we managed to hold on for a good win. We deserved that one. A couple of defensive breakdowns throughout the game, but I think we only missed something like 23 tackles, and there was some great desperation defence on our line towards the end.

Could not have been more impressed with Lehi Hopoate, who looked like he belonged out there from the moment he ran on. No nerves, no mistakes, just great fullback play all night. And Gordy had some nice moments as well.

But seriously, how does Luke Brooks drop the ball after such an amazing one-on-one strip and run? And how does Corey Waddell drop it cold? Why do they have to make it so hard on themselves? And us? A nice, comfortable win would be good every now and then.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I thought Ray Vaega had a blinder. That tackle on the western touch line late in the game live was incredible. He was marking up in a three on one and he turned at the last second and timed it perfectly with a horizontal dive. Won the game for us.
He is really coming along. Super valuable on yardage sets and is reducing the errors that made him a liability at times. Glad to see he has jumped Paulo on the depth chart. Love his competitive all effort attitude.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
We made 3 more line breaks and 100 more running metres. Our completions were also higher. Hopoate was great on debut and some resilient goal line defence for those final few minutes. Tough win but they earnt it. Bye then Panthers so we can take some confidence into our biggest game of the season. Win that and we are right back up there.
Mate we beat Penrith away we are arguably one of the better sides in this thing. I mean you wouldn’t know it reading sone of the carry on here, but this team goes ok. Eliminate the dumb plays and we are really in one loss down.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Tonight is the first time I’ve run out patience with Brooks. I thought he started the year well but his defence was abysmal tonight…then to drop a couple of balls that would have shut the game down, just killed me. Heaven help us when DCE retires if he is our main man.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good point, and not comparing abilities, but at 19 he's the same age as Turbo, one year older than Brett Stewart, and two years older than Graham Eadie, on debut at 1st Grade fullback for Manly Warringah.
He was good tonight and didn't look nervous. He didn't set the world on fire but we didn't need him to. Just needed him to be safe and he did a great job. Good on him.

skull61

Bencher
I know I'm a late adopter but I'm starting to see merit in the Garrick to wing move. TT2 is looking good at centre and Garrick looked like he forgot Saab existed.
Lot of the problems with Garrick stem from what happens inside no one straightens and everything is going towards the sideline so if Garrick passes to Saab he is already covered land probably put into touch

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15