Manly V Souths [Round Finals Week 3 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't we know what a grubbed kick is? All these attempted offloads in hopeless positions are killing us! I'm sounding like a broken record I'm sure but it's the same things every time

Pittwater Legend said:
If there is one thing I don't like about Buhrer's game it's that he is good for a dumb penalty.

But what in the actual **** did he do wrong??

Yep, lacking composure in that little section. After we went close it seems everyone got a rush of blood and we stopped playing to structures. If we block out the distractions and stay focused while playing our structures we could do anything...

We went so close going into halftime trailing 14-12. 14-6 is uncomfortable but much better than what it could have been given the start that Souths had.

The games there to be taken if we score next just not sure we're good enough in attack to actually score.

I don't know what more you can really ask for during that attacking phase there ? Unbelievable defence stopped 3 tries, Rose, Matai and Stewart were all nearly in. Give some credit to Souths

Grubber could have been used at the end of that set, but that Foran to Lyon kick is 1 of our big plays that gets results as well

Well it isn't over yet. Great defence by Souths in that last section but they can't keep doing that all night. Good game so far apart from the first 15 and the scoreboard.

We seem to lose our way when we are attacking close. Panicked passes unstructured plays. Get your heads clear Manly for **** sake.

HK_Eagle said:
Yep, lacking composure in that little section. After we went close it seems everyone got a rush of blood and we stopped playing to structures. If we block out the distractions and stay focused while playing our structures we could do anything...

Spot on HK. We stretch them with a good play but instead of doing another one back the other way, we spoil it with a couple of blokes having dummy half run cracks (i'll forgive Snake because he's usually so good at it). Trust what we have been training for and keep competing. Terrible start, but proud of the boys fightback.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't know what more you can really ask for during that attacking phase there ? Unbelievable defence stopped 3 tries, Rose, Matai and Stewart were all nearly in. Give some credit to Souths

Grubber could have been used at the end of that set, but that Foran to Lyon kick is 1 of our big plays that gets results as well
[/quo

You have to hand it to Inglis. His defence in that set was awesome. Prick!

8 points in it at the half.. not bad considering the start Souths had. The second half is where you'll see the Manly spirit and determination we've been talking about.

We need to hold the friggin ball and stop pushing stupid passes. If we build pressure the points will come. Our current completions will not win uas the game.

I would recommend Tooves gets some face slapping happening before the boys run out of the sheds for the 2nd half. We can't afford to sleep thru the first 10 min again!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Unbelievable defence stopped 3 tries, Rose, Matai and Stewart were all nearly in. Give some credit to Souths

The issue is "unbelievable" defense seems to be a common thing when we are attacking. We struggle to score points from inside the 10, we look more composed from further out. We also need to learn to build some pressure, if we do the points will come.

• 👍
Reactions: God

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4