Manly V Souths [Round Finals Week 3 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't know what more you can really ask for during that attacking phase there ? Unbelievable defence stopped 3 tries, Rose, Matai and Stewart were all nearly in. Give some credit to Souths

Grubber could have been used at the end of that set, but that Foran to Lyon kick is 1 of our big plays that gets results as well

In my opinion, a couple of those dummy half efforts and blindside sneaks (which were driven by excitement more than common sense) threw players out of position and we lost the structure. I would rather have seen some of the forwards running off play makers from deep on good angles before going for a more sweeping move.

Tom Symonds is required purely for red zone attack straightness and penetration, it is the same old "oooh ahhhh" half chances that are being combined with a rush of blood and a lack of composed attacking structure.

I think we'll get up tonight. Stay composed this 2nd half and we've got this. If not for the panic in attack there we would've went over easy

Manly are running on diesel, it took them 20mins to warm up and now they are firing!

If they just calm down, they are in control of the game.

Mouse and Ernie help us now:angel:

14-12 would have been nice but 14-6 I think it very acceptable after being shellshocked in the opening 15-20mins. We could seriously have been 30-0 down at half time if we dropped our bundle.

We're still well and truly in this. We're creating opportunities, just need to convert a couple.

Stoked with what I've seen from our halves so far. The forwards need to stand up in this second half and give us the chance to take the game.

God said:
It sounds like a cliche but we'd want to be the first to score
You are 100% right, if Souths score first its close to game over. I just want to see us build some pressure for once.

Louganis has easily been Souff$ best so far. Can't fault his defense really. After Gifty got him high, Sam Burgess has seemed a bit gun shy.

Foz has been in just about everything out there. He's definitely not going to die wondering. And I know we've lacked some composure in attack, but we look a different side with Snake out there. And that's nothing against Pet who has been tremendous at the back for us.

Part of the difference has been Souff$ kicking game. A lot of their downfield kicks split Snake, Bjorn and Jorge. Ours have been going straight to Louganis.

This will be a huge win if we can collect our composure and pull it off.

Watching is painful.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4