Manly V Souths [Round Finals Week 3 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
90% completions is a hard ask, teams like Souths ( and us) usually don't allow other sides to complete that high!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
90% completions is a hard ask, teams like Souths ( and us) usually don't allow other sides to complete that high!!

We have to be high 80's. Rabbits do not make many errors. The 2 times we played this year the completions were,

Round 1
Eagles 74%
Rabbits 83%

Round 2
Eagles 67%
Rabbits 82%

We have to be better then them. Against the Roosters 2 weeks ago we were 70%. The more errors we make, the more fatigued we will be. Execution is mission critical.

The key to this game is to learn from the defeats earlier this year.

The word that comes into my head is discipline, Souffs profited from our indiscipline in both games.

Another word is patience, in both games we hardly got any line drop outs and there were too many handling errors when we attacked them.

Kicking game is the crucial thing. kick to right corner as much as possible, make Inglis come out of his less favoured corner. bomb the Merrit wing. The drizzle nearly got a crucial result there.

In the ruck, stand our ground at marker and make Inglis knock over our marker and force the pinkies to deal with the obvious. We must watch the Luke show and go as he is so creative and a huge danger.

I believe Manly can do it. I say that cause of what happened a month ago, Souffs got away with some serious liberties that night.

This is our turn!! watch out vermin

One thing I know, our team learns from their mistakes, they have been beaten 3 times this year by Souths, I doubt there will be a 4th

Mark from Brisbane said:
One thing I know, our team learns from their mistakes, they have been beaten 3 times this year by Souths, I doubt there will be a 4th
Fatigue will kill us. If we have to do all that defending again, think it will be too much against their big bopper forwards.
The best way to avoid defence fatigue is to keep the ball. And the best way to put pressure on them is score points with the ball when you have it.
Snake must play. If he plays the raids will lead to points, we get the ball back and keep the pressure on them with a good kicking game.
If no Snake, the stats of our success rate without him will be proven correct. Three consecutive big games will be very 1978. With the speed the game is played these days, and the obvious refereeing arrangement to have the Wabbits win the comp, for the first time in 41 years, i cant see us repeating the late 70's Olympus.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Fatigue will kill us. If we have to do all that defending again, think it will be too much against their big bopper forwards.
The best way to avoid defence fatigue is to keep the ball. And the best way to put pressure on them is score points with the ball when you have it.
Snake must play. If he plays the raids will lead to points, we get the ball back and keep the pressure on them with a good kicking game.
If no Snake, the stats of our success rate without him will be proven correct. Three consecutive big games will be very 1978. With the speed the game is played these days, and the obvious refereeing arrangement to have the Wabbits win the comp, for the first time in 41 years, i cant see us repeating the late 70's Olympus.

Oh yee of little faith , " WE ARE MANLY"

I read somewhere on these forums someone said in their post, at the beginning of the finals, that they'd like to have another crack at the Rabbitohs again.

Your wish has been granted- courtesy of our Semi-Final win against the Cronulla Sharks. Manly vs Rabbitohs. This Friday night. 7:30pm.

COME ON, MANLY!!! GO, GO, GO!!!

I believe that ISSAC LUKE is the most important player in the South Sydney Rabbitohs 2013 NRL Premiership ambitions. When he isn't playing good Greg Inglis & the other attacking weapon suffer.
The Manly Sea Eagles must target Issac Luke & by running the big forwards & attacks at him, making him work his butt off in defense which usually makes him sloppy in attack & therefore the outside backs don't get the good service.

Aetna said:
I believe that ISSAC LUKE is the most important player in the South Sydney Rabbitohs 2013 NRL Premiership ambitions. When he isn't playing good Greg Inglis & the other attacking weapon suffer.
The Manly Sea Eagles must target Issac Luke & by running the big forwards & attacks at him, making him work his butt off in defense which usually makes him sloppy in attack & therefore the outside backs don't get the good service.
Yep someone should get him with a good old fashion stiffie ;)

CAMBO said:
Aetna said:
That may be taking things to far...:s
Besides, Sam Burgess has no doubt already been proactive in that direction...

I know i may sound like a broken record but if Snake plays i think we win this game. We also need to complete our sets and not turn the ball over when we are attacking, sometimes we try to score off every set of six where some sustained pressure would be more likely to break open the oppositions defense. Lastly we need to improve on our discipline, the refs will tear us a new one if we don't.

CAMBO said:
Aetna said:

Is he gay? lol

"Heart. Miles and miles of heart. That's what will win this thing"

- Coach Jimmy McGinty

Spot on bones. I was concerned that either Hayne or Horsehead would get the gig. Cummins hates us too, but isn't in the same league of incompetence as Hayne.

Stevo said:
CAMBO said:
Aetna said:

Is he gay? lol

Good job stevo. Being funny isn't always about the punchline. I knew if I posted that assist someone would nail the punchline and stevo you didn't let us down bro :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6