Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good season from the boys. Proud of them. On another note, just saw some replays. Was there a couple of South's tries that appeared to be from obstruction? Maybe the play before if they go to video ref?

Complete and utter implosion. Even with the tough calls we had that match in the can. No direction, no smarts and in a few players case, no business been in first grade. With good discipline we could’ve kicked our way to victory. I feel sorry for the players who played so well been let down by some of the rubbish other players saved for our biggest game.

Still a great season. But we SHOULD be playing next week.

By the letter of the law Jake deserved to be binned, it did look soft but if the roles we reversed I’d want a bunny in the bin.

The penalties and 50/50s however were completely handed to Souths with extreme prejudice
If Gagai didn't go to ground, would anybody have even noticed? That kind of jostle goes on every week. Penalty, maybe, but 10 minutes in the bin for that? No way.

Refs had nothing to do with the end result, better team just didn't apply the knockout punch.

So disappointing, Souths were soft and lethargic all night, Manly will be kicking themselves for how the game panned out.
Totally disagree. Jake to the sin bin broke the team. I was sure there'd be a square up sin bin for Cody Walker. The team played well with Parker off. Jurbo in the bin killed us. 9-3 penalties robbed us. Not saying they didn't make mistakes. They did. Still were the better team.

Gutted.
I honestly believe Manly was the better team.
9-3 penalties.
Great year.
Sad way to go out but at least it was a gutsy performance.
Very gusty, they were out on their feet

But when jake went off the whole team dropped their heads a little was only 6 points, but we dropped a few balls and gave away some silly penalties when we could of still created a try with the time left. Where was Faniu?

Good season from the boys. Proud of them. On another note, just saw some replays. Was there a couple of South's tries that appeared to be from obstruction? Maybe the play before if they go to video ref?
No way that we would have got away with them this season :p

If Gagai didn't go to ground, would anybody have even noticed? That kind of jostle goes on every week. Penalty, maybe, but 10 minutes in the bin for that? No way.
Yeah, but why even put your hand on his shoulder? That's just dumb and asking for a penalty. I totally agree that it was soft and unwarranted, but Jake put himself in the position to cop such a decision .

Totally disagree. Jake to the sin bin broke the team. I was sure there'd be a square up sin bin for Cody Walker. The team played well with Parker off. Jurbo in the bin killed us. 9-3 penalties robbed us. Not saying they didn't make mistakes. They did. Still were the better team.
This happened all last season. The refs got in their heads and they fell apart. Hopefully it's a good learning experience for most of them. Everyone (including the refs) hates us - we don't give a f***

Let’s not forget this is still a very young team.

How many of them had played in the intense pressure of finals football before these last two weeks.

The answer is not many.

We’ll be better for this experience , I’m expecting big things in 2020.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8