Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of the outcome tonight, I am proud of the boys, proud of the team and proud to be a Manly supporter.
Thanks for all the blood, sweat and cheers this year
I hope you give it a good solid crack tonight
Leave nothing on the field and in turn
Nothing will be left in my vocal cords
I'll cheer you on, I'll give you my heart and soul
Just go out there and rip in like you never ripped in before.
And when you leave that field, win or lose
you can hold your head up high
just as your supporters can proudly and loudly cheer
GO MANLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just ran into Big Ian , looking good and he is going for Manly tonight as he loves it that we're Underdogs :inlove:

images

What’s the weather looking like team ?
Funny feeling this one, going in with no expectations and expecting to see the final game of the season rather than the nervous game day of years gone by
Windy, not too cold not too hot

Mega Pumped!

It's really hard to visualize how this game is going to pan out.

Dry track (thank God). We showed last week that we can win under the lights. We must be due for a win at ANZ. Almost got there last time round vs Souths. 10 losses in a row at the same venue - Surely Not!!!!

Our confidence must be sky high after last weeks impressive victory... Souths might be a little down on confidence after their last dismal performance (a couple of key players down mind you), so they could be more likely to play conservative at times and if our goal line defence is top notch (as we have shown we are extremely capable of several times this year with Top 4 defence) we could force some errors and really grab this one by the balls!!!!

So in summary i can see us taking full control of this game by the 3/4 mark (I love our bench!), and if the Rabbits dont bring their A game, we should win by 12-14.

If Souths put on one of their better performances of the season, well then we should sneak home by 1-7 pts.

Predicted score (Gut Feelings) - Manly 22 def Souths 14

Just got the feeling that Souths will try to start the match at a real fast pace to try to put Manly off their game but if Manly stay in their faces, think that they can easily frustrate them and also with some good field position again . Just hope that they do not stop communicating all night , it will be a bigger stage tonight so as long as they work together and for each other like last week , they should be looking good . Quite philosophical about the game in general , i know that they are good enough to pull it off , just have to hang in there and give at their all again . Good luck Boys and Go Manly .

Mega Pumped!

It's really hard to visualize how this game is going to pan out.

Dry track (thank God). We showed last week that we can win under the lights. We must be due for a win at ANZ. Almost got there last time round vs Souths. 10 losses in a row at the same venue - Surely Not!!!!

Our confidence must be sky high after last weeks impressive victory... Souths might be a little down on confidence after their last dismal performance (a couple of key players down mind you), so they could be more likely to play conservative at times and if our goal line defence is top notch (as we have shown we are extremely capable of several times this year with Top 4 defence) we could force some errors and really grab this one by the balls!!!!

So in summary i can see us taking full control of this game by the 3/4 mark (I love our bench!), and if the Rabbits dont bring their A game, we should win by 12-14.

If Souths put on one of their better performances of the season, well then we should sneak home by 1-7 pts.

Predicted score (Gut Feelings) - Manly 22 def Souths 14

I'm glad you mentioned our bench mate. I really like it as well! Plenty of size on there which is where we obviously need to get on top of Souths. Can't wait to get out there tonight!

Just got the feeling that Souths will try to start the match at a real fast pace to try to put Manly off their game but if Manly stay in their faces, think that they can easily frustrate them and also with some good field position again . Just hope that they do not stop communicating all night , it will be a bigger stage tonight so as long as they work together and for each other like last week , they should be looking good . Quite philosophical about the game in general , i know that they are good enough to pull it off , just have to hang in there and give at their all again . Good luck Boys and Go Manly .
That’s the key....communication. I’m sure there’s plenty on here who have played in finals in any given sport when the odds are against you.
But you only need one or two of your gun players to lead not just by example, but constantly talking and instilling confidence in the side. Especially the young guys. As long as there’s constant chatter, regardless of the score, you are always a chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8