Manly v Sharks Round 16 (Pre-Game Day Discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's made sense for the last 10 weeks but they persisted with both of them on the bench.And no way Sharks pack is bigger than the Raiders who they played only 2 games ago
well we will see how Barrett uses the bench and find out.. wonder where lussick will fit into the puzzle what u think?

with 3 props on the bench id like to see bj to left edge and frank to bench, replace bj with whoever.
hahaha I like your style he would go alright there wouldn't he.. In d he could struggle but in attack he'd be great he's so fast and a goer lol but won't happen though we can dream. Frank is doing a good job he plays his role and his defense is pretty solid

I don't think Brown covers more positions at all. Hastings can cover halves, hooker, fullback and centres.
hastings is a decent back up hooker and half but that's it. He can fill in yeah but not well Imo he will get creamed at center and fb. I don't like brown but obviously the coaching staff think he's better cover otherwise they'd go with your option.

As for hastings you all call for him to make the team and I agree at times because I want to see if he's improved but I never really rated him he was average at the roosters when required to step up hence why they shipped him off and got keary right? He had a few moments and is a good back up compared to most but yeah I think your all praising this kid and saying he can do this and that when he really hasn't proven he can. I hope he proves me wrong and maybe with dce and Barrett guiding him he will improve.. He could end up our next 6 for years to come. just saying ; )

Last edited:
4QkgMll.jpg

Will be a tough game and hopefully we are up for it.

I think we can beat the sharks if everyone has their game heads on!

It's made sense for the last 10 weeks but they persisted with both of them on the bench.And no way Sharks pack is bigger than the Raiders who they played only 2 games ago
well we will see how Barrett uses the bench and find out.. wonder where lussick will fit into the puzzle what u think?
I have no problem with the decision,although I'd have Hastings over Brown,but I wonder why they've decided to make this change now?Is Hastings on the outer?He got no game time against Knights and very limited time the game before

hastings is a decent back up hooker and half but that's it. He can fill in yeah but not well Imo he will get creamed at center and fb. I don't like brown but obviously the coaching staff think he's better cover otherwise they'd go with your option.

As for hastings you all call for him to make the team and I agree at times because I want to see if he's improved but I never really rated him he was average at the roosters when required to step up hence why they shipped him off and got keary right? He had a few moments and is a good back up compared to most but yeah I think your all praising this kid and saying he can do this and that when he really hasn't proven he can. I hope he proves me wrong and maybe with dce and Barrett guiding him he will improve.. He could end up our next 6 for years to come. just saying ; )
Hastings was not moved from the roosters because of ability. He also had some great games in a roosters side that was undera massive injury run and has killed it this year in reggies.
So there's that.

Whassamatta, you can have very productive conversations with robots, just need to work out what they're interested in!

They are only interested in robotic Russian brides!

Hopefully the sharks origin players have run themselves ragged.

3 props on the bench. Going to be hard to rotate. Hope it doesn't cut into Taupau's minutes.

3 props is probably to also give Jake a rest considering he'll be coming off Origin.

Hastings before Brown IMO!

Considering both Kapow and Darcy can play in the back row, I'd have to agree.

I can't figure it. Brown has hardly shown any form in his time here at Manly yet he has been picked for every game.

The only plausible logic that i can see with Brown being selected over Hastings is that if a back goes down then Brown would automatically go to centre and some of the versatile backs would cover accordingly. In Hastings case for the same scenario , if an outside back went down for instance, then Tom Turbo might have to cover and then with Hastings at full back. Perhaps the preference would be to keep Tom at full back for the whole match and for that reason Brown is selected ahead of Hastings. Personally and on balance i still think that Hastings has more to offer and also can not understand why Brown is selected ahead of him.

The pic of me is last time I was at Shark Park .. the Storm match. The colours are for relay for life not the storm although seemed to work that night. I did a lap at half time. This time I will have my Manly top on, hope it has the same effect.

We talk about Brown/Hastings all we want .. we all know who is going to get picked. I think he must be the only player to play every game this year and last (?).

3 props is probably to also give Jake a rest considering he'll be coming off Origin.

Considering both Kapow and Darcy can play in the back row, I'd have to agree.

I can't figure it. Brown has hardly shown any form in his time here at Manly yet he has been picked for every game.
He's shown form ... just not that great form

My thought is that hastings has been left off the bench because of the sharks pack.

Guys like fifita will run over the top of him.

Its a shame cause he is playing good footy.
But when Fifi gets tired ( 2 games in a week) Hastings speed and kicking could be good.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6