Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

21 14
4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont like our flanks here. Roosters have two quality, tall wingers. Tupou always scores a couple on us at the best of times.
That being said, no more being pessimistic, Manly by 8.
We have to win this through the middle. Their 3/4 line is a lot better than ours on paper, especially with Saab out.

Our spine is much better than theirs though, and I like our bench better too (except they have May).

NRL. COM

Stat Attack​

• The Sea Eagles have not started the season with back-to-back wins since 2013.
  • The Roosters have won three of their past four games at 4 Pines Park.
  • Sea Eagles fullback Tom Trbojevic has scored six tries in his past six games against the Roosters.
  • Roosters winger Daniel Tupou has scored 12 tries in his past 13 games against the Sea Eagles.
  • Manly forward Nathan Brown will make his 150th NRL appearance.

A Thought of the day ......
    Stats are like a Bikini
    What they reveal is interesting
    But what they hide is vital
    View attachment 26339
What the? The Sea Eagles have not started the season with back to back wins since 2013?

We did it last year.

Thank you for this great post about our great Manly young super star @The Wheel

The Thrilling centre says is Excited to play against a big team and in front of a big sell out crowd

Toula Koula is a Ground Turnstile Turner
1710453231563.png

I just dont like our flanks here. Roosters have two quality, tall wingers. Tupou always scores a couple on us at the best of times.
That being said, no more being pessimistic, Manly by 8.
Yeah that giraffe asshole always scores against us. Birth death taxes and a tupou try against Manly

Biggest Brookvale crowds Manly games

1. 27,655 Manly 31/08/1986 - Manly 6 - Parramatta 22
2. 26,168 Manly 28/08/1994 - Manly 18 - Canberra 21
3. 25,876 Manly 30/05/1976 - Manly 14 - Balmain 0
4. 25,549 Manly 04/06/1995 - Manly 23 - Brisbane 4
5. 25,448 Manly 24/05/1987 - Manly 48 - Balmain 14
6. 24,381 Manly 18/07/1993 - Manly 26 - North Sydney 10
7. 24,156 Manly 01/05/1983 - Manly 6 - Parramatta 24
8. 24,031 Manly 04/07/1982 - Manly 31 - Parramatta 14
9. 23,211 Manly 11/07/1976 - Manly 10 - Parramatta 14
10. 23,168 Manly 26/03/1978 - Manly 19 - St George 5

Capacity is listed at 18k and our biggest ever crowd was 26,600 in the 80's. Makes you wonder how we crammed so many in back in the day.
I was there that day against Parra. No joke, fans were hanging on the hand rails on each step of the southern stand as I was in it. People sitting in the walkways of stands too. Everyone was literally standing below me. It was nuts.
Not as crazy as the Norths game. Got there at 12 for a 3pm kickoff and they were saying gates are about to close. I jumped the wire fence (truly) and my now ex girlfriend at the time got stuck getting over and climbed back down. I'm on one side and she on the other!! Do I climb back out (no way) an official came and let her in through a gate!!! Kind man!! She wasn't happy with me, which was pretty regular at the time.
Anyway, can't even walk with so many in there and they open the field and we sit on the sideline!! I'm 15 metres away from the game. It was the match where Ian Roberts ran 15 metres limping to my corner and scored. Wonderful days.

I was there that day against Parra. No joke, fans were hanging on the hand rails on each step of the southern stand as I was in it. People sitting in the walkways of stands too. Everyone was literally standing below me. It was nuts.
Not as crazy as the Norths game. Got there at 12 for a 3pm kickoff and they were saying gates are about to close. I jumped the wire fence (truly) and my now ex girlfriend at the time got stuck getting over and climbed back down. I'm on one side and she on the other!! Do I climb back out (no way) an official came and let her in through a gate!!! Kind man!! She wasn't happy with me, which was pretty regular at the time.
Anyway, can't even walk with so many in there and they open the field and we sit on the sideline!! I'm 15 metres away from the game. It was the match where Ian Roberts ran 15 metres limping to my corner and scored. Wonderful days.
Great memories Darren!

I went with my dad and grandma to the record game, and it was impossible. Grandma was elderly but loved manly, a kind person gave her a seat on a bleacher but then she couldn’t see. And we lost!

The previous parra game on that list in 82 was awesome, I got in because a mate needed a helper to sell ice creams (a box with a harness, full of dry ice and cornettos, then you walked around the ground selling).

We ditched the job after 20 mins, as it was impossible to circulate. I remember Brett Kenny almost going the length of the field but Michael Blake caught him. It was a big win to manly.

It sounds more like an escape over the Berlin Wall ..lol. what a great read, you have described that period of our club perfectly and from a Manly fan who was at this game. The 80's and 90's really were are golden periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8