Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

21 14
4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Talau, I think there is talent that has been hampered by injuries.

But lets not stretch the narrative.

Talau has only played 24 more first grade games at starting centre then Garrick has.

As for 'Talau is a quality centre'. Well last year he managed only 10 games at centre for the wooden spoon Tigers losing out more often than not to your Nadans and Toa's of this world.

I like him but if he was good enough he'd have established himself as an NRL starter and won that spot fair and square at Manly.
I don’t know what happened with Talau and the Tigers (was he injured or had a falling out?) but he instills me with a whole lot more confidence than Garrick at centre.

Anyway it’s Garricks position to lose. He’s had a rough start at centre. The pressure is on.

I think you got the score line right but I see it going the other way. Loved our 1st up game against Souths and thought our forwards stood up really well especially when the chips were down. A real solid look around Tom this year but thought Brooks was an absolute revelation in the halves. The Souths tries (apart from one) were directly off individual mistakes in defence and I suspect the guys involved will learn from that. So quite positive about our chances on Sunday.
Totally agree mate……everyone seems to have dismissed the fact that we had 4 probable trys disallowed in the Vegas game!!! Yes we allowed a couple of soft ones in but could have had 10!!!!! I’m tired of the Roosters are back BS all week! Manly all the way!

From the Sea Eagles team that beat the Roosters 18-16 in Rd 18 at Brookvale last year, there are only 10 players selected this week. Both teams were understrength. Schuster provided the try assist for the win.
  1. Reuben Garrick
  2. Jason Saab
  3. Brad Parker
  4. Tolutau Koula
  5. Christian Tuipulotu
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Taniela Paseka
  9. Lachlan Croker
  10. Toafofoa Sipley
  11. Haumole Olakau'atu
  12. Kelma Tuilagi
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Josh Aloiai
  16. Ethan Bullemor
  17. Aaron Woods
From the Sea Eagles team that lost to the Roosters 16-26 in Rd 23 at the SCG last year, there are only 8 players selected this week. The Roosters have 14 players from that game (the other three, Baker, Hutchinson & Brown, are at different clubs). Schuster scored an individual try & had two one try assist.
  1. Reuben Garrick
  2. Jason Saab
  3. Brad Parker
  4. Tolutau Koula
  5. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Toafofoa Sipley
  9. Lachlan Croker
  10. Matthew Lodge
  11. Haumole Olakau'atu
  12. Kelma Tuilagi
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Dean Matterson
  17. Ethan Bullemor

Last edited:
From the Sea Eagles team that beat the Roosters 18-16 in Rd 18 last year, there are only 10 players selected this week. Both teams were understrength. Schuster provided the try assist for the win.
  1. Reuben Garrick
  2. Jason Saab
  3. Brad Parker
  4. Tolutau Koula
  5. Christian Tuipulotu
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Taniela Paseka
  9. Lachlan Croker
  10. Toafofoa Sipley
  11. Haumole Olakau'atu
  12. Kelma Tuilagi
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Josh Aloiai
  16. Ethan Bullemor
  17. Aaron Woods
From the Sea Eagles team that lost to the Roosters 16-26 in Rd 23 last year, there are only 8 players selected this week. The Roosters were close to full strength. Schuster scored an individual try & had two try assists.
  1. Reuben Garrick
  2. Jason Saab
  3. Brad Parker
  4. Tolutau Koula
  5. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Toafofoa Sipley
  9. Lachlan Croker
  10. Matthew Lodge
  11. Haumole Olakau'atu
  12. Kelma Tuilagi
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Dean Matterson
  17. Ethan Bullemor
Thanks for your post @40 nil
Last year the Rooster and Manly teams were of different dynamics to this game
Last years result is irrelevant IMO
Two Big wins in a row in two Big games will be a Big Psychological Boost for the Winning team
this Weekend
A winning Momentum is the Mother of All Psychological Magnitudes

NRL. COM

Stat Attack​

• The Sea Eagles have not started the season with back-to-back wins since 2013.
  • The Roosters have won three of their past four games at 4 Pines Park.
  • Sea Eagles fullback Tom Trbojevic has scored six tries in his past six games against the Roosters.
  • Roosters winger Daniel Tupou has scored 12 tries in his past 13 games against the Sea Eagles.
  • Manly forward Nathan Brown will make his 150th NRL appearance.

A Thought of the day ......
    Stats are like a Bikini
    What they reveal is interesting
    But what they hide is vital
    1710361903896.png

Great to hear that you are still Holidaying feathered friend
You are certainly making the most of your time away
It would be great if you could post some great selfies with you in your Great Manly Gear with the locals .
It looks like you are becoming our Great Manly ambassador in the USA Parading with your Manly Gear . Well done feathered friend !

Dont worry about a Mr Penn Invite for lunch
Just present your Manly club membership to his secretary and she will organise lunch with Mr Penn , Our Manly club membership has so many privileges

Always Great to hear form you . Keep safe Keep Happy and Keep posting :)
Hey Bozo - thought you'd appreciate this. I was out selling the mighty Sea Eagles to New Yorkers today. An iconic club jacket in front of the iconic Brooklyn Bridge but an added bonus - a street name that should make you cheer. I've sent 2 photos to make sure you can read it.

Attachments

• IMG-20240313-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240313-WA0002.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20240313-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240313-WA0000.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 79
Hey Bozo - thought you'd appreciate this. I was out selling the mighty Sea Eagles to New Yorkers today. An iconic club jacket in front of the iconic Brooklyn Bridge but an added bonus - a street name that should make you cheer. I've sent 2 photos to make sure you can read it.
Thank you so much @Seagles68 for your Big effort in posting the Iconic photos of your Great self the Passionate Manly Evangelist in your Proud Manly colors spreading the Great Manly Gospel in Sin City and Now New York . We are all so proud of you !!!

The Fulton street sign beside the Iconic Brooklyn Bridge portrays the Great Aura of our Great Manly Immortal

Keep safe , Keep Happy and Keep Posting @Seagles68

1710375302465.png

Last edited:
Moment of truth awaits, will Paulo and Talau rise to the occasion, it only takes one good game. Big effort required of our forwards to keep us rolling down the field. Not having Lodge and Sipley up front will be a big challenge for us to overcome, if we can do it in Vegas, we can do it in Brookvale.

Moment of truth awaits, will Paulo and Talau rise to the occasion, it only takes one good game. Big effort required of our forwards to keep us rolling down the field. Not having Lodge and Sipley up front will be a big challenge for us to overcome, if we can do it in Vegas, we can do it in Brookvale.
Two areas are crucial - the forwards need to at least match the expected aggression from their forwards and there needs to be constant pressure on the kickers coz Toupo and Young will be giving Paulo and Talau nightmares if they get free passes.

Last edited:
I just dont like our flanks here. Roosters have two quality, tall wingers. Tupou always scores a couple on us at the best of times.
That being said, no more being pessimistic, Manly by 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10