Pre-Game Manly v Raiders [Round 4, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

25 6
Glen Willow Stadium
02 Apr 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Journey Man
I said to a friend the other day I wouldnt be unhappy if DCE went to Dolphins and we picked up Brooks. Probably an unpopular opinion but i dont think DCE is worth 1.2M or whatever it is and we could probably get Brooks for 600-700k.

Also something that im not sure has been pointed out, wet weather football has been a blight for us over the last 4 season. I can barely remember a game we have won in the wet. This year, 3 wet games, and we are 1-2 we with 3 ordinary performances. Thankfully the forecast for Mudgee is sunny!

Forget Brooks. Jamie Humphries and Kaeo Weekes are our future. At least they run direct, and don't crab every run.

deanm

Reserve Grader
Forget Brooks. Jamie Humphries and Kaeo Weekes are our future. At least they run direct, and don't crab every run.
Has Jamie Humphries played any matches in lower grade this year?Don't remember seeing his name on team sheets

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I said to a friend the other day I wouldnt be unhappy if DCE went to Dolphins and we picked up Brooks. Probably an unpopular opinion but i dont think DCE is worth 1.2M or whatever it is and we could probably get Brooks for 600-700k.

Also something that im not sure has been pointed out, wet weather football has been a blight for us over the last 4 season. I can barely remember a game we have won in the wet. This year, 3 wet games, and we are 1-2 we with 3 ordinary performances. Thankfully the forecast for Mudgee is sunny!
Don’t entirely disagree but we have dibs on Cust returning and we have a few good 1/2 prospects coming through too - I also think DCE would be better not being captain - he needs to be directed Foz would be a better capitan imho

Last edited:

Shoe1

Journey Man
Anyone see brooks last night? Lots of passes awkward behind his players or at their shoulders, not running to the line, passive.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyone see brooks last night? Lots of passes awkward behind his players or at their shoulders, not running to the line, passive.
It's going to be hilarious around here when DCE finally draws the curtain on his Sea Eagle career. Those who have tended to defend the guy will be ripping the poor new half to pieces, whoever it is, and whatever he does .
While those who always love to slam DCE will be scratching around for any small positives to say about the new guy!
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
It's going to be hilarious around here when DCE finally draws the curtain on his Sea Eagle career. Those who have tended to defend the guy will be ripping the poor new half to pieces, whoever it is, and whatever he does .
While those who always love to slam DCE will be scratching around for any small positives to say about the new guy!
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
I reckon we will all be on the same pages if they were to replace him with Brooks SER8... absolute imposter, got me stuffed why Andrew Johns has such a high opinion of him...

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
DCE needs to trust the guys around him in attack rather than than taking time and space away from them. It doesn't surprise me that no one is running holes of his shoulder because he runs around in circles. He needs to get back to the basics and stop overthinking his game.
Yeah, the running around in circles is infuriating to watch because it usually only results in confusing the **** out of everyone. Same as when Cherry decides he's going to do something different to everybody else on his side of the defence: no one else has any idea what's going on. What makes it so infuriating is that we all know how good a player he can be when he's on.

I honestly think most of it comes from a good place: that he knows when the team is struggling and he's simply trying too hard to make something happen. He needs to recognise that tendency in his game and simplify things when he has to.

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
IMO constantly picking under performing players is bad for the squad morale. It not only affects the players that keep getting picked it also deflates those waiting for a chance. Its such a simple concept yet it is absolutely being ignored at present. The forwards don't look hungry and no wonder they are not playing to keep their starting spots. Watching Jake's interview after the game on Sunday its clear Des is hard on them after a loss. Perhaps he needs to look at himself and his rigid selection policies. He's not helping them whilst locked in the past. He takes too long to introduce young talent and will loose them to other clubs at this rate. Who could blame them or their families. Yes I know Des has won premierships but that was a long time ago and the game has changed significantly since then. Come on Des get with the times.
Oka and Shu re signed with the club , why would they if Des is the coach ,

Ryan

Journey Man

We've been in every game have we Des?
Need I remind you we have the second worst attack in the league, 6th worst defense, are second last on the ladder, and were completely flogged the first two games.

Literally out of touch. Call a spade a spade. We've been crap (and honestly dominated) to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14