Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
for mine the key to beating the Raiders is to negate Hodgeson he is like Cam Smith to them ... he gets them going forward and he can be nullified and their other two halves given no room we can win .... but we can not hang back in defense like we have been ... we need to move up quickly together and take their space and time

yep Hodgson is great particularly when he goes to first receiver when Baptiste comes in late in the game,Very dangerous.

We need to see some good old Manly ball-playing or aggression in this match.

Won't end our season if we lose. I just want to see something better than what we have seen.

Would like to think api is cover for Dylan walker not backing up?
Surely his 10 mins and 1 hit up isn't enough to warrant a rest!
Would like to see Myles rested

Something like this:

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Matai
5. Trbojevic
6. Lyon
7. Cherry Evans
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
15. Lawrence
11. Brown
12. Burher
13. Trbojevic

15. Starling
17. Vave
19. Mateo/ Symonds
20. Fonua Blake

Jesus now the Raiders are a superstar outfit!

I suppose it fits in with the idea that Manly will never win another game this year that seems to be almost consensus on here now.

In fact their form reads like this. They have beaten the woeful Roosters,Warriors and Tigers and the Bulldogs twice. They lost to the Panthers and also beat Penrith when the Panthers were down on troops as usual, minus particularly Moylan. They have been absolutely disgraceful in a couple of games against Sharks and Eels and couldn't manage to roll the super tough Knights .They were also rolled by the incredibly brilliant Dragons and the star studded Titans nailed them on their home patch.

They have not played the Broncos Cowboys or Storm.They were basically full strength minus Papali and were absolutely terrible for 50 minutes last week against a weakened Bulldogs side that ran out of steam.They are also coached by Ricky Stuart and hardly won a game at home last year.

Top 4 side my ass. The Sharks flogged them and they haven't played the other 3 contenders,

Lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story though.We aren't going great but this stuff that we have an insurmountable task is ridiculous.

Some perspective please!!We finally have some troops back and we will be in this game all the way.

So true, Canberra have been bouncing around like a trampoline. We should be up to our elbows in this one against one of the teams we are fighting for a bottom half of the 8 position with.

Wighton is out of form and if we can keep BJ Leleuia quiet they have very little points in them

All of the above posts want enthusiasm , something we have almost totally lacked since the start of the year.

They might surprise us ( hope they do) but it's hard to get excited about a game you know is a virtual gimme for the other side.

I haven't looked much more than the next month or so at the draw, but unless there's a big change in attitude it's hard to see a win in any of those games.

But, I , like many of you, live in hope that we will suddenly turn on the light bulb and who knows it " might" start on Friday.

if we are not REALLY on our game from the first second to the last Canberra could give us a proper hiding ... even without Fensom the workhorse & E Lee .... at the start of the year I picked Raiders to make the 8 ... I hope we show what we need to

if we are not REALLY on our game from the first second to the last Canberra could give us a proper hiding ... even without Fensom the workhorse & E Lee I picked Raiders to make the 8 ... I hope we show what we need to

Hope you don't get grumpier if we lose 34-6, because that's about what I reckon it will be!!

We saw a glimmer of hope in the last game, but this team are a long long way from being able to be compared to any that any others in the top 8.
Don't count on it Mark. We are The Manly Titans now.

I gave that a funny rating, but sadly its true.

Anyway mate you never know, they might finally get inspired, I live in hope that they will although I'm not sure we will see it in 2016.

This is Canberra ffs!! Not the Cowboys. All those boys out there who think we will get beat by 30(which seems like most) offer me half that start for as much as you like. This is one crazy thread:}

This is Canberra ffs!! Not the Cowboys. All those boys out there who think we will get beat by 30(which seems like most) offer me half that start for as much as you like. This is one crazy thread:}

After todays revelations do you still think this team will go in with the right attitude?? Many of them playing on Friday were involved in the games mentioned, the good and fair ones will have their heads spinning!!

Who knows now. Could be that as an equal player in the head to head, some players have thrown a few grand on a loss to bolster their pockets.

Pretty disappointing, but today's findings will lead to these types of posts.

No idea how they will react Mark. Obviously my views were made before this possible extent of this stuff and the number of players suspected became known.If I had to guess I think you may see some steely Manly resolve but who knows. The only thing I do know is I am totally sick and tired of the whining Gang of Four and would be quite happy to say goodbye to the last member regardless of this betting scandal People are happy to bag the **** out of Barrett yet these blokes have white anted this club for 2 years. Lance the boil

Last edited:
No idea how they will react Mark. Obviously my views were made before this possible extent of this stuff and the number of players suspected became known.If I had to guess I think you may see some steely Manly resolve but who knows. The only thing I do know is I am totally sick and tired of the whining Gang of Four and would be quite happy to say goodbye to the last member regardless of this betting scandal People are happy to bag the **** out of Barrett yet these blokes have white anted this club for 2 years. Lance the boil

Can't but disagree, and regardless of the outcome of todays revelations I don't think we will see the last member of the four in our colours in 2017.

I think his body is shot, and clearly his mind's not on the job either, as sad as that is (either way) the end is nigh.

Mark One thing I have always found amazing is that Penn and co rightly got a bad wrap for the way they handled Tooveys exit yet Foran, Stewart and co were in it it up to their ears and copped little. Same as the salary cap rorts. Never the player. Much easier to dump the lot on admin . Annoys the hell out of me.
i have always thought we should not have extended BS contract but like many on here took the easy way out and always prefaced any remarks on his future with club legend/ fans love him etc/. Well the time has come to end the charade and call a spade a spade. The childish rubbish that has plagued our club needs to end....irrespective of this alleged gambling stuff.

Last edited:
Eyes sure will be on our boys tomorrow nite. How cold it is wont matter.

What's that story about the boy who cried wolf?

That legend would at least bet on us to win. No wonder he was an out cast. What a Champion.

I wonder how Snakes hammy is going. I have a feeling he and Taufua will sit this one out.

If our team don't dominate and smash the faders. We all know the players are personally tanking, right!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/sea-eagles/manlys-nate-myles-to-back-up-against-canberra-just-three-days-after-state-of-origin/news-story/1cf8a739cc10ee0f8d65cdbab98ad9e3?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL)

Manly’s Nate Myles to back up against Canberra, just three days after State of Origin

41 minutes ago
DEAN RITCHIEThe Daily Telegraph

It’s been a big 36 hours for Nate Myles — and it ain’t over yet.

Myles finished playing for Queensland in State of Origin I at 10.05pm on Wednesday before finally climbing into bed at the Maroons’ team hotel at about 1am.

He was up and out early to attend Manly’s captain’s run on Thursday morning at Brookvale at 9.30am, before jumping on the Manly team bus just before midday for a three-and-a-half hour drive to Canberra for Friday night’s match against the Raiders.

The Queensland forward will play before Manly board their team bus again at full-time and drive straight back to the club’s home base at Narrabeen, arriving back around 2am Saturday.

Myles — who ran for 70 metres through eight hit-ups in Origin I — is entitled to sleep all day.

“He is hell bent on playing, he’s keen to play,” Manly coach Trent Barrett said. “Nate’s right, he pulled up good actually.

story-fni0cx12-1cf8a739cc10ee0f8d65cdbab98ad9e3

“It is a massive effort from Nate. He does a lot for us off the field as well, he’s a good leader and is good for our younger blokes.

“You can certainly never question Nate’s commitment to anything. He’s a tough bugger.”

Barrett defended Myles in the face of ongoing criticism.

“As a team, we have bumbled our way along for the first 12 rounds, through various reasons, continuity has been hard to get because of injuries in key positions, Nate’s been really good.

“A lot of the stuff you don’t see is what he does through the week. The education he gives a bloke like Jake Trbojevic is valuable for us.”

Manly’s second Origin player, Dylan Walker, will also play. Walker only got eight minutes of game time in Origin I but Barrett understood the reasons.

“Had there been an injury in the first two minutes and Dylan wasn’t there, there would have been an uproar that Laurie Daley hadn’t had a provision for that on his bench,” Barrett said.

“You can’t win sometimes. I am happy for us from a club point of view that he got through and didn’t have to do too much.”

What a puff piece.
Mr Plod is apparently playing well, and helping all the young players. So why the bloody hell are we near the bottom of the ladder?
I know, it's not all his fault. But I can't cop the praise when it is undeserved.
And who is the author? Zorba's mate, of course.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6