Pre-Game Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 24
Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 01:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and I just can't get confident that we can snap the streak. But I think that says more about how badly I want to win than anything else.

How long has it been since we won in Rd 1 ?
Less than 12 months :)

Just 11 players from the 2023 Rd 1 31-6 win over the Dogs are in this weeks team
  • Tom Trbojevic
  • Christian Tuipulotu ---> Dragons
  • Brad Parker --> Back row
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Reuben Garrick
  • Cooper Johns --> Retired
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Taniela Paseka
  • Lachlan Croker
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Haumole Olakau'atu
  • Kelma Tuilagi --> Eels
  • Sean Keppie --> Rabbitohs
  • Kaeo Weekes --> Raiders
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • Josh Aloiai

Last edited:
You forgot Keepie's influence on the game Al, Mr Fumbles wont let us down, he'll be coughing up good ball for us when we really need it.
Never know with Keppie unfortunately , sometimes could put in a solid type of game , other times more on the ill disciplined and unreliable side .
Physiologically will be aiming to prove a point and perform but should not really matter whatever he shows if the Manly forward pack mean business and gain an edge

You forgot Keepie's influence on the game Al, Mr Fumbles wont let us down, he'll be coughing up good ball for us when we really need it.
I'm inclined to agree with you, given the big occasion and first game in a rabbits' jersey against his previous club, we're likely to see the "old Keppie" and his ways...

Never know with Keppie unfortunately , sometimes could put in a solid type of game , other times more on the ill disciplined and unreliable side .
Physiologically will be aiming to prove a point and perform but should not really matter whatever he shows if the Manly forward pack mean business and gain an edge
Keppie will be a man possessed against his former club make no mistake. He destroyed Brown in 21 and will be licking his lips at the prospect of doing it again. He's in great shape, and looking focused. Our forwards had better be ready

Haven't seen any mention of Klein being the ref and G Sutton in the bunker. Not sure if this is good or bad but it could be worse (eg Atkins) so I guess it's good...

Keppie will be a man possessed against his former club make no mistake. He destroyed Brown in 21 and will be licking his lips at the prospect of doing it again. He's in great shape, and looking focused. Our forwards had better be ready
Then again his better performances have been far and few between
Anyway again if the Manly forwards stand up and perform well , should not matter even if he does put in one of his better efforts .
Sure that most of Manly forward "s opponents are going to be competitive during the season proper and as one would expect in most given seasons

Haven't seen any mention of Klein being the ref and G Sutton in the bunker. Not sure if this is good or bad but it could be worse (eg Atkins) so I guess it's good...
Don't mind Klein, not a big fan of Sutton, we've had a lot of dud calls by this ref over the past few seasons.

The more possessed he is, the more ball fumbles he'll make. Lot's of reasons why we let him go, this was one of the main ones.

The more possessed he is, the more ball fumbles he'll make. Lot's of reasons why we let him go, this was one of the main ones.
No arguments there. But unlike us, Souths actually have the ability to defend their errors. Still expecting fire from Keppie. Will need big aggressive games from Aloiai and Ola'akautu in particular

No arguments there. But unlike us, Souths actually have the ability to defend their errors. Still expecting fire from Keppie. Will need big aggressive games from Aloiai and Ola'akautu in particular
We bring our Storm - Brookie game for Sunday, and we'll be in with a great shot of winning this.

We bring our Storm - Brookie game for Sunday, and we'll be in with a great shot of winning this.
Apologies if this seems inflammatory because it’s not intended to be…I’m surprised how often this game is mentioned as a reference for how good we can be. It was a good win, sure, but I remember Melbourne being insipid that night and Bellamy was disgusted with their effort and execution. It was early in the season and Melbourne were still finding their way. Even when they did, they barely fired a shot last year. I don’t think it was a landmark performance, just a solid win.

Either way, we will need to play our best, given the occasion. It has ‘Latrell’ feel about it. He will thrive under this kind of spotlight.

Apologies if this seems inflammatory because it’s not intended to be…I’m surprised how often this game is mentioned as a reference for how good we can be. It was a good win, sure, but I remember Melbourne being insipid that night and Bellamy was disgusted with their effort and execution. It was early in the season and Melbourne were still finding their way. Even when they did, they barely fired a shot last year. I don’t think it was a landmark performance, just a solid win.
We weren't expected to win, so it wasn't a good win it was a great win. All of our forwards aimed up that night, Melb were only insipid because we caused them to be insipid. I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11