Game Day: Manly v Rabbids [Round 20, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You'd think by some of the comments on here we lost tonight? Boy I was proud (again). It's harsh being rough on a hooker, come back rower playing centre. Thank god we HAVE Brown to fill these holes.

You could see Myles maturity when he came on, because we seemed to settle right back down in that last 20.

Ok, we had a rough middle patch, but we let in only 12 points, against Reynolds / Keary, and a damned good team on paper who were desperate to halt their losing streak.

Also, NO-ONE can convince me Barrett isn't passionate or emotionless. **** me dead, the bloke was doing the best Toovey impressions ever in that box. His heart is in this. I noticed Cartwright didn't have a smile on his face either.

Kudos to you Barrett. Kudos to you Manly men. Kudos to the club. What a turn around. People forget we have Stewart, Symonds, Mateo, Matai, Walker, Moltzen, John, Parcell, Lawrence all unavailable to be selected.

We are over achieving - and the reason we are doing that. Culture. @Woodsie said it best in our debate months ago, they are putting in for each other.

Just enjoy the win for a while at least until the alcohol wears off
We just beat the dirty flea ridden stinking vermin pests full of useless burgess over rated Prix and their mum that were once kicked out of the comp and should never have been allowed back

I hate souffs and will celebrate anytime we beat these one year wonders, cigarette butt and centre link collectors and keep them known as the least successful club of the modern era.

Ahhh
All is good in the world tonight

Well done to the boys tonight, it was really awesome to get the win.

But far out.............that was a very frustrating second half to watch. What changed for us then? Was it Myles? A different intensity from the vermin maybe? Or errors particularly from Brown and Starling? Anyway, something changed and it important for our coaching staff to identify what it was.

And I don't care what anyone says about Brown, IMHO he is a reserve grade player at best. I was not impressed when we signed him at all and I am even less impressed now. He does not read the play well at all, he makes crucial errors, lacks discipline, is lazy and his defence is woeful.

Other players who should also be playing in reserve grade are Starling, Wiliame, Wright and Green. (I am not sure Myles and Koroisau would even make it in my first grade team, if I had one lol.)

Anyway we did o.k., considering we have so many reserve grade players in the team at present.

We will have a massive, gaping hole when Killer leaves, so I hope recruitment see this and do something to fix it also.

Great to get the win, but we have some major weaknesses in our team and if we are to go anywhere near the top eight next year we have some specific recruitment issues to address and a lot of areas of our game to work on.

I'm on my way home and feeling good and set for my flight home tomorrow.I am flying high already,and enjoyed every minute of that game. Will miss the Knights game for a well deserved rest then back to work.(bugger). We are slowly creeping up the ladder now and although my hopes are slim off making the eight, one things for sure and that is at least now we are trying a good bit harder and we are showing that we are a respectable team who can grow for next year and become a threat.Great first half and DCE needs to improve on his 5 tackle options.A well deserved win for us tonight and am flying high.

How is it that we all saw the match and reckon Brown can't tackle, yet he is credited with making 29 tackles and missing only one? Killer made 15, DCE 16, Williarmy 9 etc. And people say statistics don't lie.
Oh, and I don;t agree with your assessment of Api. I reckon he is great; 100% heart who made some incredible one-on-one tackles.

@HappilyManly I didn't mean to dislike your comment the other day. That was me trying to hit the "list" button with a hangover. I wasn't able to tell you, because for some reason, it won't let me message you.

Apologies anyways.
No worries @Ryan , I don't take notice of negative vibes anyway :)

But I did disable the PM, as a couple of newbie crazies were posting un-Manly messages in the background @:mask:

I'm confused. What exactly is a 'hit-up'? I thought it meant taking the ball from the dummy half and, basically, dying with it.
Why then aren't Jorge and Tom credited with any tonight?
Jorge does heaps of these every match, and is very effective. I'm sure I saw Tom do at least two 'hit-ups' tonight to give the forwards a rest.
Can someone please explain, or are the stats worthless, as I believe.

I'm confused. What exactly is a 'hit-up'? I thought it meant taking the ball from the dummy half and, basically, dying with it.
Why then aren't Jorge and Tom credited with any tonight?
Jorge does heaps of these every match, and is very effective. I'm sure I saw Tom do at least two 'hit-ups' tonight to give the forwards a rest.
Can someone please explain, or are the stats worthless, as I believe.
They must be just 'returning a kick' stat
Maybe a 'hit up' involves a dummy half pass

This may explain it better:
http://www.nrlleague.com.au/nrl-footy-tips/statistics-and-analysis/

How is it that we all saw the match and reckon Brown can't tackle, yet he is credited with making 29 tackles and missing only one? Killer made 15, DCE 16, Williarmy 9 etc. And people say statistics don't lie.
Oh, and I don;t agree with your assessment of Api. I reckon he is great; 100% heart who made some incredible one-on-one tackles.

I struggle to put Parcell back in the team atm, and I love Parcell as much as I did Ballin when he was coming though.

It's almost like, who would you prefer Serdaris, or Ballin?

Hahahaha - OMFG - watch Macguire's presser. He was whingeing about Lyon's try up the middle, and he says to Bulldog, "Bulldog, what did you think about that try", thinking he'd get full support, and Bulldog goes, "well ummm, I thought it was a try".

hahahahah - Awkwaaaaard ! LOL
Madge looks stressed - good to see :giggle:

Manly won by 8 points, try or not, we still get the chocolates :clap:

That's crappy 2nd half will have us fired up to rip in for 80min next Sunday at a sunny brooky oval in front of a packed house. I think the drop of intensity will be a gain next week.

The team is growing and learning some hard lessons.
The momentum shift early in the second half was incredibly dramatic, on a simple error, compounded by penalties, and next minute they're staring at another Penrith disaster.
Needed a little luck to hang on, but mostly it was grit and determination.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8