Game Day: Manly v Rabbids [Round 20, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
REFEREES:
Chris Butler‌, Chris Sutton‌, Belinda Sleeman‌ :) Wow a Female Ref in first grade

NRL Team

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua,
3 Lewis Brown
4 Brayden Williame
5 Matthew Wright
6 Jamie Lyon
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Darcy Lussick
9 Apisai Koroisau
10 Martin Taupau
11 Nathan Green
12 Jamie Buhrer
13 Jake Trbojevic.

Interchange:
14 Blake Leary
15 Josh Starling
16 Nate Myles
17 Siosaia Vave

NB Sourced from non-MWSE sites

Please go to the MWSE site for NYC Team lists as they have a problem with it being displayed here

Intrust Teams

InJuries

Last edited:
Seriously why is Lewis Brown picked at centre, he's to slow... Put Brad Parker at centre and Brown on the bench.

Drop Leary to NSW cup (I don't rate him at all).

Swap Addin Fonua-Blake with Josh Starling (Tough call to drop Starling but I think Addin adds spark to our forward pack.

Good luck to Darcy Lussick playing his 100th game against the Rabbitohs.

So I'm hoping for changes to the team that got named just now

Brown remains at centre with williame coming into centre with wright to wing. Parker not named

Leary no 14
Myles 16

Fonua Blake 22?

Leary better not be playing instead of addin
Surely Barrett is playing games. I can't understand Leary's name even being on the team sheet. He's not even worthy of being 18th man. Absolute dud, nowhere near first grade standard. Will give away one or two penalties every ten minutes of field time he gets. Many other players deserving to be in the seventeen or on the cusp of the seventeen. He adds nothing, in fact his inclusion comes at the detriment of the side.

Seriously why is Lewis Brown picked at centre, he's to slow... Put Brad Parker at centre and Brown on the bench.

Swap Addin Fonua-Blake with Josh Starling (Tough call to drop Starling but I think Addin adds spark to our forward pack.

I think we only received 2nd tier cap dispensation until a top 25 player (Williame) returned - I don't think we can play Parker even if we wanted to.

So I'm hoping for changes to the team that got named just now

Brown remains at centre with williame coming into centre with wright to wing. Parker not named

Leary no 14
Myles 16

Fonua Blake 22?

Leary better not be playing instead of addin

He isnt, Vave or Myles are.

Leary is playing as backrow/backline injury cover, essentially Browns spot.

Brown needs to play centre as we cannot play Parker unless out of troops due to salary cap restrictions until the door puncher returns.

Starting with 3 props and playing 4 on the bench would be one hell of a gamble so someone needs to cover that spot, the only other player available would be Mateo and he has been blacklisted.

He isnt, Vave or Myles are.

Leary is playing as backrow/backline injury cover, essentially Browns spot.

Brown needs to play centre as we cannot play Parker unless out of troops due to salary cap restrictions until the door puncher returns.

Starting with 3 props and playing 4 on the bench would be one hell of a gamble so someone needs to cover that spot, the only other player available would be Mateo and he has been blacklisted.
Mateo is going that bad he is named on the bench for NSW cup he won't be playing 1St grade for Manly anytime soon

20% off food and drink at the game before 6:30pm for those heading out.

Also, $15 a ticket for adults is decent value to watch Manly give it to the vermin!

Myles off the bench is perfect, he can come on at the 25 min mark and shore up the defense for 15 min, then have a rest at 1\2 time. Punch out another 15 mins then make way for a meter man like lussick.

While I agree lightweight Lewis is an absolute lemon as per my previous posts, he did make 41 tackles against the Warriors.
Reality is he is the best choice at the moment behind little rabbit Walker and is critical to shore up the defensive line despite his lack of his attacking ability.
If you watch the game again from last week, Brad Parker looked might shaky in the second half. He got away with it, but against the Rabbits who will clearly be fired up, such chances cannot be taken IMHO.
NYEagle

Surely there must be a back available that can play centre in place of Brown. Is Santini in the top 25? Maybe he should be given a go.

Surely there must be a back available that can play centre in place of Brown. Is Santini in the top 25? Maybe he should be given a go.
Good point, what happened to Satini? Wasn't he part of the AKL9s as part of the Manly Top 25 group :rolleyes:

Disagree re starling he seems to grow another leg against his old club Souths and it won't hurt to see Blake play a few games in nsw cup. Don't forget he is only just out of 20's!

While I agree lightweight Lewis is an absolute lemon as per my previous posts, he did make 41 tackles against the Warriors.
Reality is he is the best choice at the moment behind little rabbit Walker and is critical to shore up the defensive line despite his lack of his attacking ability.
If you watch the game again from last week, Brad Parker looked might shaky in the second half. He got away with it, but against the Rabbits who will clearly be fired up, such chances cannot be taken IMHO.
NYEagle
I think that in the wet track Browns inefficiencies at centre were masked quite well. Slower plays and heavy legs played into his basket niceley.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4