Pre-Game Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 24
4 Pines Park
10 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Just had a bo peep at the Riff forum site, most saying they should rest half the team....it's only Manly.. jeez, I wish we were at full strength..mmm..

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Just had a bo peep at the Riff forum site, most saying they should rest half the team....it's only Manly.. jeez, I wish we were at full strength..mmm..
They'd still touch us up with most of their reserve grade team playing. Did you see them playing over the Origin period, with a stack of players out and Cleary injured? They barely skipped a beat. What's remarkable about Penrith is that it doesn't seem to matter who they slot in, the team structures and defensive attitude are so good they will compete on every play and, more often than not, come out on top.

Leighbra

Reserve Grader
First time in a long time I genuinely can't see us winning. In most other games I've held hope that we could get the job done, but this time around I honestly don't see us winning we are absolutely no chance.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Could certainly come into play.
The other thing is that at some late stage of the season teams who are certain to make finals sometimes change up their training somehow, with a view to helping them in a few weeks time but often leaving the side flat for the game straight after.
No idea if the Panthers will do this, or even if they do, whether it would be this week.
But either way Manly just has to prepare as best they can and be ready to take advantage if they get an opportunity. Even with our injury crisis we've got enough good players to play well for 80 min, if that's not good enough so be it.

The Who

Journey Man
The other thing is that at some late stage of the season teams who are certain to make finals sometimes change up their training somehow, with a view to helping them in a few weeks time but often leaving the side flat for the game straight after.
No idea if the Panthers will do this, or even if they do, whether it would be this week.
But either way Manly just has to prepare as best they can and be ready to take advantage if they get an opportunity. Even with our injury crisis we've got enough good players to play well for 80 min, if that's not good enough so be it.
The Blacktown Workers beat the Penrith reserve grade team last time they played. So, let's just swap the NRL teams with the NSW Cup teams?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They will literally be blasted off the park , To’o will probably score 4 or 5.

BUT, all I hope for , is we stay in the fight , give it our best shot , keep trying , after all we are playing in front of the home fans.

But realistically, it could be in the 40’s to 50’s to , not very much.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
not that there is anything wrong with that ,,,right ?
FB95645C-422B-43A7-B637-394A758706D0.jpeg

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This is basically a free hit.

Nobody in the world expects Manly to take anything from this game so go out and play with no fear, chance your arm and see where the cards fall.

Eagle 1

First Grader
They may rest Edwards and maybe one more, we can only hope they come to Brookie not switched on and we rise to the occasion.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are blowing out in the betting , we were at $7 now $8.

The Panthers , $1.08

To be honest I’m surprised we aren’t further out than that , $12 is more realistic.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Panthers complacent, arrogant and will not want to come over to gods country and put in an effort. Their mindset will be this is a training run and don't risk injury.
Massive ambush coming here as long as Annesley's ar*seclowns keep their whistles dry Manly by 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20