Game Day: Manly v Panthers [Round 26, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
A few random thoughts on the game

Every player stepped up and played well, great to watch

Intensity and aggression for 75mins straight was amazing

Sironen awesome, difference between he and Lane is similar as the difference between Brett Stewart and Brendan Reeves

Perret sensational, hadn't been sold at him at certain points of the year but exceptional tonight and showed that he belonged

Kelly showed how ridiculous it is when people write off a player after 20 games of his career

Lussick should only ever start for Manly, he was sensational last season doing that and has been very good again since being elevated to that role, sets the aggression early which I'm a huge fan of

Love watching Dylan Walker in kamikaze mode, has been quiet recently but can't play that style week after week, hopefully the big games keep bringing that out of him, judiciary better leave that shoulder charge alone

Tom, exceptional, have been critical of his errors this season but was a complete performance from him tonight and what we will need from him going into the big games, good signs. Still not a big fan of his long loopy pass though
KIWI Quote :

Kelly showed how ridiculous it is when people write off a player after 20 games of his career........
End quote.
To put things in perspective .......
Kelly was written off by the coach after consistently playing poorly all year and was replaced by Parker but some of the blind could not see it and justified Kellys selection during all those games where he dropped balls , missed tackles and offered no impact in attack.
What I saw yesterday was a fine game by Kelly but only a fool would think that one fine game makes a fine player .
What makes fine players is consistency .

Only a fool also would be writing a rookie off after 10-15 games, and the poorly all season stuff is over the top too, he was fine for the first 6-8 weeks then fell off a bit, as is the usual for most rookies. It was his effort that got us the Roosters win earlier in the season
You think he was written off by Barrett as well ? that's one of your most foolish comments on the entire situation, would be much like saying Cullen, Perrett, Lussick etc had been written off by the coach when they played reserves at times during the year. That Latrell Mitchell must be pretty ordinary too after Robinson gave him a spell earlier in the year ...

KIWI Quote :

Kelly showed how ridiculous it is when people write off a player after 20 games of his career........
End quote.
To put things in perspective .......
Kelly was written off by the coach after consistently playing poorly all year and was replaced by Parker but some of the blind could not see it and justified Kellys selection during all those games where he dropped balls , missed tackles and offered no impact in attack.
What I saw yesterday was a fine game by Kelly but only a fool would think that one fine game makes a fine player .
What makes fine players is consistency .

I sincerely believe that your previous 150 crap posts have made your opinion of Kelly irrelevant. I am sure there is a childish meme that would prove this but I really couldn't be bothered.

I also saw Cuthberson give a huge shoutout to Snake, who was happy to see him there.:nod:

Why Manly prevented the Fans from thanking Wolfie, is an indictment on their understanding of why Fans attend games.:mad:
Aaaaaooooh :wolfface:
Cuthbo is in the UK at the moment. Must have been his brother!

I sincerely believe that your previous 150 crap posts have made your opinion of Kelly irrelevant. I am sure there is a childish meme that would prove this but I really couldn't be bothered.
I say it as I see it and I could not give two fcks what you think :)

Only a fool also would be writing a rookie off after 10-15 games, and the poorly all season stuff is over the top too, he was fine for the first 6-8 weeks then fell off a bit, as is the usual for most rookies. It was his effort that got us the Roosters win earlier in the season
You think he was written off by Barrett as well ? that's one of your most foolish comments on the entire situation, would be much like saying Cullen, Perrett, Lussick etc had been written off by the coach when they played reserves at times during the year. That Latrell Mitchell must be pretty ordinary too after Robinson gave him a spell earlier in the year ...
When people like you were supporting Kellys consistent inept form and justifying his section he was dropped by the coach for good reason.
Only a fool could not see Kelly struggling at NRL level and the coach made the right decision to drop him .
Quote from Peter Sterling on Kelly playing his the last game before being dropped by Berrett . " Kelly has become a target for the opposition''
The blind sacred hearts on here were posting things like " Kelly is fine , he does not deserve all this criticism "
I am glad to say for the sake of our team that Kelly did have a fine game against the Panthers and as usual I call it as I see it.

You should be a politician bozo, you can change your wordings from post to post so easily !! Being dropped back to reserve grade in this post, written off by the coach in the post before ...

I don't think you quite understand and I don't know that there is a clear way to get it through to you. You say people like me were supporting his form, what you can't grasp is the fact that people weren't prepared to agree with you that he is **** and will never offer anything at NRL level. Nobody said he was in world beating form like you try to twist things into, they just weren't agreeing that he will never be NRL level

Very proud of our performance yesterday. The energy and line speed were exactly what has been missing. It's plain to see in the modern game with a relatively even playing field, when one team out enthuses the other just how much better they look. Penrith didn't play bad, we made them play bad. Just have to do it 4 more times now. Go Manly!

Now lets hope the top four get the crap bashed out of them,especially the squeels,because they all have had soft games this round,our boys on the other hand are playing right back into form at the right time,so we get saints or the riff,
BRING IT ON

Again, I'm mystified by the player statistics which claim that every run Frankenstein and Sirro made were 'Hit-ups"?
That's nonsense. I suppose Sirror's try was from a 'hit-up'!
I've asked before but no-one adequately can tell me what a hit-up is? People presume it's tacking the pass from the dummy half and crashing it up. Well, if that's the case, how come Tom Turbo was credited with just one 'hit-up' last night?
He took the ball up many times in an effort to help out his forwards.
I'm appreciative of the stats, and I gather they are obtained from the NRL in some way, but they would make more sense - at least to me - if you removed the 'hit-up' column.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10