Manly v Newcastle [Round 10 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HK_Eagle said:
the mauler said:
Cant wait for TC to bag DCE's composure again... Lol

Sorry, but I agree with TC. Certainly, Cherry has moments of brilliance and pulled one out at the death tonight... However, with more maturity and composure he should have set up a much easier opportunity two sets before. Instead, there was little to no direction to his forwards, found himself way too shallow on the last tackle under pressure, and went for an improvised play.

I think he still needs to develop his understanding of timing... know when it's time to go for the creative spontaneous stuff, and know when to play it safe. We get caught up in the flashy play that comes off, but don't forget the lack of organisation and control for much of the remainder of the game. As much as I hate to say it, this is why I think Cronk is still slightly ahead of him overall. He'll get there though, and when he does he is going to be something even more amazing than what he's already showing. Just needing some of that consistency and control.

I guess some people are never happy.

Well you and TC can have Cronk, I'll have DCE every day of the week.

I agree

Cherry's obviously playing hurt.

And toughed it out, never stopped trying even when nothing was goin' right...

And nailed that FG sweeter than most could ever do.

Bit of balance there...lol.

the mauler said:
HK_Eagle said:
the mauler said:

Sorry, but I agree with TC. Certainly, Cherry has moments of brilliance and pulled one out at the death tonight... However, with more maturity and composure he should have set up a much easier opportunity two sets before. Instead, there was little to no direction to his forwards, found himself way too shallow on the last tackle under pressure, and went for an improvised play.

I think he still needs to develop his understanding of timing... know when it's time to go for the creative spontaneous stuff, and know when to play it safe. We get caught up in the flashy play that comes off, but don't forget the lack of organisation and control for much of the remainder of the game. As much as I hate to say it, this is why I think Cronk is still slightly ahead of him overall. He'll get there though, and when he does he is going to be something even more amazing than what he's already showing. Just needing some of that consistency and control.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy. How could we not be happy getting a win when performing so badly. I'm not having a go at you either, I just see some gaps in DCE's game at the moment and sharing what I see. I wouldn't rather have Cronk because I also know the up-side for DCE is potentially staggering and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow into that at Manly.

HK_Eagle said:
the mauler said:
HK_Eagle said:
the mauler said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy. How could we not be happy getting a win when performing so badly. I'm not having a go at you either, I just see some gaps in DCE's game at the moment and sharing what I see. I wouldn't rather have Cronk because I also know the up-side for DCE is potentially staggering and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow into that at Manly.

It's all good, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Cronk is a good steady player, but in my opinion DCE has got a better all round game.
He's got Cronk covered comfortably.

It was DCE's high skill set that came to the fore in the the last clutch play not composure under pressure. Class players make the clutch plays like DCE did tonight but it was not set up directed or executed with composure and planning.

Still an amazing play and clean contact under pressure showcasing his high skill level which has never been in question.

There was no leadership qualities in this performance just using his skill set to get us out of trouble, Buhrer,Matai and Ballin kept the performance at a level that kept us in striking distance.

seaeagles4life said:
This thread is so funny.

Hilarious!
My favourite moment (aside from the field goal) was Jorge leaping for the ball, missing it completely, yet scoring a great try. Summed up the match really :D

Technical Coach said:
It was DCE's high skill set that came to the fore in the the last clutch play not composure under pressure. Class players make the clutch plays like DCE did tonight but it was not set up directed or executed with composure and planning.

Still an amazing play and clean contact under pressure showcasing his high skill level which has never been in question.

There was no leadership qualities in this performance just using his skill set to get us out of trouble, Buhrer,Matai and Ballin kept the performance at a level that kept us in striking distance.

Did he have his head over the ball and stay compact? Lol.

You work it out lol but he does have good technique that occasionally gets out of timing but when he gets the timing right a beautiful kicker to watch.

Always happy after a Manly win. That wasn't pretty but the 2 points, keep us in the hunt. If they'd lost, we'd all be lamenting the wasted opportunity and wishing the'd have found a way to win.

Well…… they did. Also, very pleased for the crowd that were at the ground. Talk about agony & ecstasy!

That was extremely ugly.

I feel like my eyes were assaulted watching some of that tonight except of course for the last 10 seconds.

You can tell how bad it was. Ask yourself.....If Manly weren't playing how long would you have watched for ? Lol. Exactly.

But I'll take the 2 and the week off.

I'm not reading through all your jibberish (mine is bad enough) so it may have been said but....

I think Hiku really wants to play wing.

Passes received: 23

Passes on to wolfie: ZERO*

*This stat may be made up but it looked like he never passed to wolfie once.

Great groundings by Jorge!

edit: great drop out by matai to get us the ball back. Pity his conversions suck donkey balllz

Shoe1 said:
RiverEagle said:
Didn't want to add that mate...

I like him but that could have been a disaster. He did ok tonight by and large. Trying hard.

Wasn't Wolfie the 2nd tackler to miss. who was the 1st?

manlyfan76 said:
Technical Coach said:

Did he have his head over the ball and stay compact? Lol.

And no measured run up in sight.

Alan said:
Shoe1 said:
RiverEagle said:

I like him but that could have been a disaster. He did ok tonight by and large. Trying hard.

The first was hiku. I thought HM would've said that! But hiku was the first...wolfie then had to leave the wing and run in.

We've got the best player in the NRL - DCE - playing busted at 50% at the moment and still contributing. If we are aren't doing cartwheels that we are fortunate enough to have a player like him, we are pretty tough to please.

Got no idea how we won that though - robbery.

globaleagle said:
Alan said:
Shoe1 said:
RiverEagle said:

The first was hiku. I thought HM would've said that! But hiku was the first...wolfie then had to leave the wing and run in.

Looking at the replay if starling misses him, brett is there in cover too.

I knew Hiku was the first to miss Mambo just wanted to hear somebody else say it.

I may be accused of putting lipstick on a swine, but at least 5 of our errors were balls dropped under pressure from flat passes by guys hitting the gaps at pace. If they stick we would have been cheering.

That's got me thinking Global. How does a moose look with lipstick? Is colour or gloss important?

Alan said:
I knew Hiku was the first to miss Mambo just wanted to hear somebody else say it.

I may be accused of putting lipstick on a swine, but at least 5 of our errors were balls dropped under pressure from flat passes by guys hitting the gaps at pace. If they stick we would have been cheering.

That's got me thinking Global. How does a moose look with lipstick? Is colour or gloss important?

You should've just said so straight out...and dispensed with all this "mambo jambo."

A moose with lipstick on is still a moose*

*thanks to sarah palin

lipstick_on_a_moose_tshirt-rdb7d7c55ffb248739411867ad7a89737_804gy_512.jpg

16203_440577399322630_1390509076_n.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10