Manly v Newcastle [Round 10 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's got me thinking Global. How does a moose look with lipstick? Is colour or gloss important?
[/quote]

A moose with lipstick on is still a moose*

*thanks to sarah palin

lipstick_on_a_moose_tshirt-rdb7d7c55ffb248739411867ad7a89737_804gy_512.jpg

[/quote]

Alaskans must be pretty tough fellas, we Aussies tend to not make fun of women with guns.

It was a bad ''moose'' by both..Hiku and Wolfie one on one.
Don't lynch anyone, but let's be honest about it.
And Wolfie would admit that I'm sure.

More importantly, the tackle by Starlo ( and Snake was looming over to help as well ) really showed our spirit, with the boys getting around Josh there; and everyone around Chez and each other after the drop-goal.

That sort of win can do a lot for self-belief and team spirit.

I'd ALMOST kiss a moose myself, just for joy.

Well both mate, now you mention it.

Mostly for our boys, but it should be in the back of other teams' minds even more now.

You better be ready to go the full 80 with Manly!

Re: Snake - a few errors of judgement going the blind and running it on the 5th, but he ran harder than usual all night, actually making the opposition have to try hard to bring him down.

He hasn't been hitting the line hard much lately so that was good to see. Plenty of metres too, and tough ones - he didn't pick up 60 of them from a line break, they were all in traffic. Hope this means his legs are healthy and strong.

Just an observation last night so I'm putting it in this thread.

Most of the boys came around the Brookie fence to hi-5 us after the game (which is always fantastic and appreciated). However, I noticed Skivvi and Wolfie walked off the oval together and went straight up the tunnel.

As this is unusual for them, I wondered why. Were they both injured and needed ice and/or attention? Or out of energy to walk around the oval? Was Wolfie reluctant, thinking he might get an adverse reaction from the fans (not me!)? One can only guess the reasoning.

I only spotted 5 or 6 of the players come over, must be going blind. I assumed they were filthy on themselves for a mostly poor showing.

Matai is held together with surgical tape, so usually gets into the rooms fairly quickly :angel:

Wolfie beats himself up more than his many faceless critics do, so he incorrectly believes that the Fans would not want to High 5 him :(

Its always fun to cheer the boys around the ground. Starlo and LJL were so happy with the acknowledgement, and Sid always has a smile for us :)

I remembered what the unbridled Maaanly chant reminded me of from last night. It was the 2011 Suncorp win on the bell, with Wolfie's try in the last minute. We were deafening and I actually thought that I could not get enough air to keep chanting :D

Hopefully its a good omen for our game up there on the 1st :sleepy:

Wasn't that 24-22 win on the bell up at Suncorp 2012 @HappilyManly?

If it's the game I'm thinking of when Wolfie scored in the right corner for the win...THAT was a great night!
Watched the game at a club and a friend with us won 2 grand on the pokies......Didn't get home til the sun was about coming up next day!

HappilyManly said:
Wolfie beats himself up more than his many faceless critics do, so he incorrectly believes that the Fans would not want to High 5 him :(
He is wrong. He's still a hero at Brookie. He just needs to believe it again.
Waiting for my High 5 Wolfie.:heart: I'll be there.
I know DCE wants me to come back to Brookie 'cause he said, 'Thanks for coming," after the sharkies match.

RiverEagle said:
Wasn't that 24-22 win on the bell up at Suncorp 2012 @HappilyManly?

If it's the game I'm thinking of when Wolfie scored in the right corner for the win...THAT was a great night!
Watched the game at a club and a friend with us won 2 grand on the pokies......Didn't get home til the sun was about coming up next day!

Thats the one - it was a double header so we had a full house hating us in Bay 317. :p

Wolfie tore his hamstring as he caught the kick that started the 92 meter Manly assault. Matai screamed up the eastern side, and we would have had about 8 passes in that movement too. Little Wolfie dived into the corner, and we erupted. The chanting was epic :D

Thats what last night sounded like in the Jane Try Stand at least.:exclamation:

That was such a great moment, back when I still hated the Bronx a bit more than the Chooks and Souths.

Like Wolfie's freakish try against the Vermin last prelim, those are things I hope ppl don't forget just coz he's struggling a little now.

And I really hope he doesn't feel on the outer at Brookie, and gets to do a few more victory laps there yet!

Bet it was awesome still, at the game last night.

Choc's nerve damage happened here, and he is still aggravating it :angel:

4:23 Donny was trying to get Wolfie of to get treated, but he pointed to us and was determined to limp over to give us a wolf howl at the end of the match :heart:

Crazy night that. Drove to Bris and the car died in the hotel driveway, I had to leave the mrs with the car and run to the stadium to catch the game. It didn't seem real even watching the delayed telecast at the after function.

Yeah, goosebumps hey!

Thanks @Brissie Kid for that.

Buhrer to Matai down the left, ultimately Killer onto Wolfie for a finish we don't see often.

So good to see our little general Tooves beaming too...and hurling that water bottle!

I really hope we see something similar again ( with Wolfie I mean).

Always good to re-watch that, esp after the classless donkey crowd booed choc as he was leaving the field hurt.

hehhehheh

On Uate's try, it appeared he grounded it short of the line and rolled it there under his arm.

Is that OK? Double movement I would have thought as he didn't really have forward momentum.

Arko-admirer said:
On Uate's try, it appeared he grounded it short of the line and rolled it there under his arm.

Is that OK? Double movement I would have thought as he didn't really have forward momentum.
It's governed by this rule:
"When an attacking player is tackled within easy reach of the goal line he should be penalised if he makes a second movement to place the ball over, or on, the line for a try, unless it's against Manly."

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10