Game Day: Manly v LG Titans [Round 23, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So you think LGs the answer !
You got no F....idea !
The trouble is your so f..far up DC,Tom,n Jakes arse you can't see the trees for Sh..t !
I don't think you get the drift feathered friend .
The answer is when you weaken one spot by taking a quality centre and play him at 5/8 in a position where he does not play well
You then weaken 2 spots .
Did you mention trees ?
Not only can I see the trees , I can also see the flowers and the honey bees ;)
s-l300.jpg

Are you sure?

stats have him at 19 tackles, 1 miss?

I actually joined forum as a titans fans to drown sorrows with you folks, not to talk crap or annoy anyone.

We have had some nights like last night of course, but i personally am gutted that we have let LG go, he is a good kid, not given a fair crack up here and while defensively not great - he is worth persevering with as his talent once his confidence is back will be awesome for you guys.

LG and AJ Brimson are BOTH better than Ash Taylor right now, and i cant wait to see LG come back to CBUS and tear us up as we deserve for letting a true local kid go.

While i'm here - if you do sign Neil henry as has been touted he is a pretty good operator as well. I think tooves is the guy you need personally, but Henry has successfully cleaned out the riff raff from Cowboys and got them consistently into finals and but for reffing might have jagged a premiership, instead handed over a premiership ready vehicle to Paul Green. He did it by getting rid of bad trainers, bad attitudes and dud contracts and signed guys like Tate, Glen Hall etc, for their teamwork, dedication and effort to retrain the existing group how a team works

He then did the same at Titans - he didnt even put up a fight to keep Myles ( sorry about that one ), we all knew he was a mess 2 years before he left. let Dave Taylor, Albert Kelly, Greg Bird go...talents sure, but not conducive to team environment and got in Nathan Friend and Shillo, as much for their training and professionalism even if they hardly played.he might have had some more success if Hayne train hadn't come and upset the apple cart, but he definitely turned our roster around.

His team recruited Ash Taylor, Tyrone Roberts, found Passi and Pulu who are good units when fit, J Wallace, J Arrow, Peats... most of them on the cheap too. He never went crazy on big spending's, just looked for good value and if it worked they got upgraded, if they didn't, they fell out the back door with no cost to the club really.

Overall he might be a good signing for the short term to stabilise and clean house, then let someone come in about 3-4 years for the title tilt.

if i had a report card on the Gold Coast Migration - i would have Elgey and Henry in the Brian Kelly bracket as being quite good and you will like having them at your club and then its >>>>>>>>>>>> to John Cartwright ( good assistant coach, good father figure, not a great FG coach ) then its >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferris / Myles

Sorry for derailing, wish you luck avoiding the spoon - that should be the eels imo this year. and good luck getting back on track, you had snake and glenn for 10 years, then IMMEDIATELY pip them with an even better set of FB / second row brothers WTF!
Thanks for ur input LG
All good points
I’m gutted about last night and agree we need a Hasler or Tovbes back but if it is Henry then so be it we could do a lot worse
Than him

DCE had no problems leading QLD to a SOO win .
Our coach has our team underperforming all year .
DCE has a good origin game but to say he led them to victory is taking some poetic licence.

I was excited when Gorman joined I believed he was a smart operator. I have to say so far he has been invisible with the Gladstone incident and this week he was missing in action very ordinary impression of him so far.
It's not his fault. It's those damn demountables.

Thought we got dudded on the Lane dis allowed try. The decoy never impeded anyone or was even near anyone. And the bunkers quick call on one of the titans tries which was a double movement. That gave the titans a 12 point buffer. End of the day thou, our goal line defence was the worst ive ever seen. Every set they had in the 20 they scored or almost scored.

You're not going to win games having two players sent to the bin, at one stage having 11 on the field, getting ,a caning in the penalties again (says 8-10 here but another says 11-8). Until Walker was sent off Manly were leading. Having two off, opened the door for the Titans.

Now we can blame the refs, and certainly there are times you wonder at their supposed impartiality, but you also must look at the discipline of this side. The missed tackles again were a point of concern and it all seems to come back to the commitment of the players on the field. Yep, that's the coach's and defence coach's responsibility.

Hassler and Fulton would be drilling these guys regarding defence week after week. Too many soft tries are being allowed in. The team isn't behaving like a team, but rather a bunch of individuals waiting for stars to do something. That's, and I regret to say it given I was hoping better of Barrett, is the coach's responsibility.

There are some outstanding attacking players in this side in TT, Walker, Taufua, Kelly, DCE, JT, Taupau, Fainu, AFB, Lane, Thompson. But they are behaving like individuals. There is no structure, no strategies, just the same tired old game of waiting for TT to run off DCE and get it to Walker and Kelly and hope they have the room to do something.

A clever coach could make this side a serious finals team. The talent is there. Its just not melding. And again that's the coach's fault. And the defence. Defence was always the first issue Bozo concentrated on. Unfortunately Bozo, blundered this time, probably getting to feed off Gould, that Barrett had the qualities needed. Whoops. A good coach and Manly will make the finals next year if they can hold the team together

Thought we got dudded on the Lane dis allowed try. The decoy never impeded anyone or was even near anyone. And the bunkers quick call on one of the titans tries which was a double movement. That gave the titans a 12 point buffer. End of the day thou, our goal line defence was the worst ive ever seen. Every set they had in the 20 they scored or almost scored.

As sad as this is to admit, they actually got the Lane call correct. By the rules, an offside player from the attacking team has to get themselves back onside if they are to become involved in the play, they can't just be run onside by team mates with the ball. Lane just stood there and never got himself back onside. If he had made an attempt to he might have gotten away with it, but he didn't attempt to and that was that.

Remember when Snake scored a try in Canberra after he had been offside at the play the ball? Same thing, except last night they actually got the call correct. If they had done it correctly back in 2015, Snake's try wouldn't have counted and we'd have actually lost that game.

Stove blew up 5 mins before kick off, power cut out and had to wait until 4pm today until the electrician came out.

Man, wtf did i just watch?

Must admit though the whole complexion of the game changed dramatically when that replacement ref came on.

You're not going to win games having two players sent to the bin, at one stage having 11 on the field, getting ,a caning in the penalties again (says 8-10 here but another says 11-8). Until Walker was sent off Manly were leading. Having two off, opened the door for the Titans.

Now we can blame the refs, and certainly there are times you wonder at their supposed impartiality, but you also must look at the discipline of this side. The missed tackles again were a point of concern and it all seems to come back to the commitment of the players on the field. Yep, that's the coach's and defence coach's responsibility.

Hassler and Fulton would be drilling these guys regarding defence week after week. Too many soft tries are being allowed in. The team isn't behaving like a team, but rather a bunch of individuals waiting for stars to do something. That's, and I regret to say it given I was hoping better of Barrett, is the coach's responsibility.

There are some outstanding attacking players in this side in TT, Walker, Taufua, Kelly, DCE, JT, Taupau, Fainu, AFB, Lane, Thompson. But they are behaving like individuals. There is no structure, no strategies, just the same tired old game of waiting for TT to run off DCE and get it to Walker and Kelly and hope they have the room to do something.

A clever coach could make this side a serious finals team. The talent is there. Its just not melding. And again that's the coach's fault. And the defence. Defence was always the first issue Bozo concentrated on. Unfortunately Bozo, blundered this time, probably getting to feed off Gould, that Barrett had the qualities needed. Whoops. A good coach and Manly will make the finals next year if they can hold the team together
I agree. Others have posted we only have about 5 good players but I disagree. Look at The Tigers. They as a club have limited resources, on paper have way less talent than us, but they have a great coach.

Last edited:

the score was 40-22 when Walker was sin binned

Barrett even pointed out in the post match presser, and sadly he was right, that we actually defended and played better when we only had 11 on the field.

Maybe we should be playing soccer? Our defensive "effort" in the second half was about as soft as a FIFA World Cup player looking for a penalty.

Last edited:
Are you sure?

stats have him at 19 tackles, 1 miss?

I actually joined forum as a titans fans to drown sorrows with you folks, not to talk crap or annoy anyone.

We have had some nights like last night of course, but i personally am gutted that we have let LG go, he is a good kid, not given a fair crack up here and while defensively not great - he is worth persevering with as his talent once his confidence is back will be awesome for you guys.

LG and AJ Brimson are BOTH better than Ash Taylor right now, and i cant wait to see LG come back to CBUS and tear us up as we deserve for letting a true local kid go.

While i'm here - if you do sign Neil henry as has been touted he is a pretty good operator as well. I think tooves is the guy you need personally, but Henry has successfully cleaned out the riff raff from Cowboys and got them consistently into finals and but for reffing might have jagged a premiership, instead handed over a premiership ready vehicle to Paul Green. He did it by getting rid of bad trainers, bad attitudes and dud contracts and signed guys like Tate, Glen Hall etc, for their teamwork, dedication and effort to retrain the existing group how a team works

He then did the same at Titans - he didnt even put up a fight to keep Myles ( sorry about that one ), we all knew he was a mess 2 years before he left. let Dave Taylor, Albert Kelly, Greg Bird go...talents sure, but not conducive to team environment and got in Nathan Friend and Shillo, as much for their training and professionalism even if they hardly played.he might have had some more success if Hayne train hadn't come and upset the apple cart, but he definitely turned our roster around.

His team recruited Ash Taylor, Tyrone Roberts, found Passi and Pulu who are good units when fit, J Wallace, J Arrow, Peats... most of them on the cheap too. He never went crazy on big spending's, just looked for good value and if it worked they got upgraded, if they didn't, they fell out the back door with no cost to the club really.

Overall he might be a good signing for the short term to stabilise and clean house, then let someone come in about 3-4 years for the title tilt.

if i had a report card on the Gold Coast Migration - i would have Elgey and Henry in the Brian Kelly bracket as being quite good and you will like having them at your club and then its >>>>>>>>>>>> to John Cartwright ( good assistant coach, good father figure, not a great FG coach ) then its >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferris / Myles

Sorry for derailing, wish you luck avoiding the spoon - that should be the eels imo this year. and good luck getting back on track, you had snake and glenn for 10 years, then IMMEDIATELY pip them with an even better set of FB / second row brothers WTF!

Was just based on observation in the first half. Tackle stats often don't tell the full story. Lewis Brown usually racked up 20 tackles and never had many missed tackles either. But they were not very effective at all. In any case I am more comfortable with Elgey being here next year than I would have been earlier this season.

Otherwise, thankyou for taking the time to give your detailed input, it is appreciated.

DCE has a good origin game but to say he led them to victory is taking some poetic licence.
DCE had just a good game ?
I didn't see it that way . I thought DCE was dominant and outstanding .DCE played a leading role in that win .
I remember before his SOO selection many thought he was not up to it and I was one of the true believes
One of the headlines after DCE Demolished the blues
NRL FOX
Daly Cherry-Evans puts ‘myths’ to bed with standout Origin performance

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8