Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mitch

Bencher
Bloody nervous about tonight’s game! However the more I think about it, the more I think we’ll win.

The Knights have something like 10 new players within their team, there’s no doubt they’re going to take time to gel.

Then look at their forward pack in comparison to ours.

Ese’ese, Griffin, Lillyman, Guerra, Fitzgibbon, Barnett.

AFB, Koroisau, Taupau, Sironen, Thompson, Trbojevic.

Chalk and Cheese - If we dominate the middle (and I think we will), that’ll go a long way to winning.

Ryan

Journey Man
More quality reporting from the NRL crew: "Kelepi Tanginoa makes his club debut" - I swear he played for us last season

Kevinward777

First Grader
And look please don't get Taufua to do all those strong carries in our end just yet after that bad injury. Save his strentgh for close to Nights line where he can score. He needs a few weeks too get back his power confidence. He is too important the other guys need to lift down our end
Please, tell me, how many different names have you signed up to this site under. At a pinch I’d say at least four. Please, forgive me if missed one or two.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Being a bit unselfish, I think the Knights going well is important for a strong NRL, so I'm hoping they get their first win and a good one………#nextweek.:)

Tonight I'll be looking for urgency, especially around any loose ball, defence on our line and behind it, and in getting back on-side. They can feel free to turn down the enthusiasm when they fall into the ice bath.:)

Go Manly!

Last edited:

Shoe1

Journey Man
I hope the players have knocked off work early today, and are in their cars / utes already.

The guys that work at the leagues club will be fine because they don’t get rostered on game day. The blokes with apprenticeships sometimes get a bit of stick and have to finish jobs prior to clocking off.

The pacific highway to Newcastle can be pretty slow on a Friday arvo, especially going through gosford, the entrance and Swansea.

Fingers crossed that all the 1st grade squad get there in time.

The nrl really shouldn’t be putting games on weekdays, as it interferes with players’ jobs.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
What is all this ironstones mean that old man keeps awarding me?
Mate, it's one of the great Silvertails awards. You should feel privileged for getting it!! Haha.

This and other memes can be found here: https://silvertails.net/pages/silvertails-memes/

Ironstines/Ironstine:

This is a classic example of thinking before you criticize. In an attempt belittle the people that run Silvertails.net one user "Pontian Sea Eagle" posted the following in this thread

"By the way the ironstines that run this forum should have deleted it before the thread went any further."

Clearly this user was trying to call us "Einsteins" and attempt to use sarcasm to call us stupid, however in one of the most spectacular backfires in the history of the internet, dear Pontian completely misspelled Einstein. Whether this was done on purpose, or whether this was done due to stupidity we may never know, but it has spawned a mini phenomena on Silvertails.net and you will oft see in multiple thread people being called "Ironstine". It's meaning is obvious and it's impact is hilarity and will go down in the annals as one of the more brilliantly funny terms ever coined on this site.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Simple -simple....roll them in the forwards which is highly possible - play off this.
Enough quality ball in field position will = points.
If the game is played in the right parts of the field, these Knights who are still getting familiar as a team, will need to conjure up big plays....leading to errors and foot on throat from there.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
Woah! my computer's anti virus program just went haywire!

Thanks for the thoughts though but I'll either dust off some old fishing spots (streams) I have or wait till tomorrow when I can.... actually this sentence just put me to sleep, stop reading! cough

Thanks!
Will this work for you? https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/098b396d6e5549031dfe473806741e02

In previous years the NRL has had a site where people from overseas could watch games for free. Looks like you have to pay for it now which is a bummer.

Woah! my computer's anti virus program just went haywire!

Thanks for the thoughts though but I'll either dust off some old fishing spots (streams) I have or wait till tomorrow when I can.... actually this sentence just put me to sleep, stop reading! cough

Thanks!

I am in the Philippines and have used this site for 2 years streaming NRL, cricket, golf etc and get the warnings every time. Never had a problem. The warning is about "pop up ads" Ignore the AV warnings. Click on "details" then "visit site anyway".

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am in the Philippines and have used this site for 2 years streaming NRL, cricket, golf etc and get the warnings every time. Never had a problem. The warning is about "pop up ads" Ignore the AV warnings. Click on "details" then "visit site anyway".

Noice!

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate you posting the links :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18