Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
32 Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 15:00
89:09 minute

Match Stats

Penrith in Penrith next week. Hmmmm.

Looks like Burbo & Tuipulotu are injured and won't be there.

Seibs may think of putting Lawton in for Burbo - my thought is go with Keppie & Sipley as the bench props, and keep Bullemor as the Burbo replacement. We may loose some versatility on the bench, but hopefully gain in power through the middle. We'll need it.

Ray Tuaimalo Vaega seems like a similar replacement for Tuipulotu - we're going to need strong carries out of our own end.

Schuster will obviously come back for Johns. Our left side defense should improve, and the Schu will add more points in attack.

Our right side? It's obviously a concern. Adding Weekes there won't help, and takes away what Weekes is now offering in the middle.

On a positive note - how good is Tuilagi's passing and ability to set up a winger? Now I can clearly see why we went after him.

This match had shades of 2022 about it. The players have been big about accountability and connectivity this year - how they answer against the panthers next week will show how serious they are about that.
So disappointed with the way they played, especially after our defensive effort last week.

So disappointing. Today tells us nothing Seibold or Flanno have done has made a significant change.
Still Lazy - Still Mentally weak -Still there own worst enemy.

The only good to come out of that game 🥑 just showed why he isn't yet ready for origin.
Can we interpret that to mean that Hasler wasn’t really the problem, it’s the quality of the cattle?

Let’s face it, most of our forwards aren’t in the same postcode as Jake when it comes to concentration, involvement and intent. Croker is the next best. There is some talent there, but not enough to suggest that we will be a premiership contender in the next couple of years.

I don't know how to feel after that game.... for about 60 minutes I didn't believe we could win and didn't think at any stage we deserved to win...

In saying all of that we should have won with 5 to go but lack real discipline and footy smarts....

Not sure if it's a point list or point gained?!
It was a home game against the Knights. Every other top 8 team will beat the Knights at home. Most will flog them. We are not a top 8 side with this sort of garbage discipline and defense. It's 1 point lost.

It was a home game against the Knights. Every other top 8 team will beat the Knights at home. Most will flog them. We are not a top 8 side with this sort of garbage discipline and defense. It's 1 point lost.
And any good top.8 side would of won our last 2 games.

Those 3 competition points lost will come back to bite us later on in the year.

We are still a very dumb footy team and have not improved on 2022

Very well said

Also the coach needs to find a way to give weekes more minutes!
How much better would we have been with him at 6 and Lawton 14 today? I’d confidently say we would’ve won if that were the case.

Don’t want to hear about pushing him in too soon or it being too disruptive for the team, he clearly has a lot of talent and it’s wasteful not using it. Yes he came up with a costly penalty but you can put up with that rather than the garbage we got from Johns.

How much better would we have been with him at 6 and Lawton 14 today? I’d confidently say we would’ve won if that were the case.

Don’t want to hear about pushing him in too soon or it being too disruptive for the team, he clearly has a lot of talent and it’s wasteful not using it. Yes he came up with a costly penalty but you can put up with that rather than the garbage we got from Johns.
That try he scored out of nothing. Enough of holding kid back so over seeing absolute garbage been played infront of him.

On the flip side how much better was Hastings than DCE. Everytime he had the ball we were clueless in defense. Everytime DCE had the ball our right side attack broke down with him turning back inside and doing circles to no one.

After an encouraging start to the new season today we went back to our 2022 ways

We played a struggling Newcastle team that missed the 8 last year and we matched them in their bottom of the 8 class standards

The slow parker , harper centre combination was again exposed by superior speed and
Like all bottom of the 8 teams last year We lacked game intensity and consistency for the full 80 minutes

They say our greatness is not in never falling but rising like the great premiership winning Sea Eagles after we fall and Next week against the Benchmark of the competition we are given the opportunity to show premiership winning character and do just that

2b619b5af0c9a9e794997aa71f0bdc00--fall-we.jpg

After an encouraging start to the new season today we went back to our 2022 ways

We played a struggling Newcastle team that missed the 8 last year and we matched them in their bottom of the 8 class standards

The slow parker , harper centre combination was again exposed by superior speed and
Like all bottom of the 8 teams last year We lacked game intensity and consistency for the full 80 minutes

They say our greatness is not in never falling but rising like the great premiership winning Sea Eagles after we fall and Next week against the Benchmark of the competition we are given the opportunity to show premiership winning character and do just that

2b619b5af0c9a9e794997aa71f0bdc00--fall-we.jpg
Weekes need to be in centres

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6