Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 32
Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst Koula is a blow, there’s absolutely no excuse to not come away with a win against Newcastle.

We have a stronger forward pack and it’s a no contest when comparing both sets of halves.

This should also be a game we need to see a confident Turbo.

The Knights have been playing with heart and players like Miller have impressed, but if we have a new ‘Manly Mentality’ as a unit, we should dominate the contest.
Agree Miller was impressive. But he was hesitant on two occasions of letting the ball bounce from bombs. Hopefully they’ll give him a work out in that area.

I would move Kaeo Weekes into the centres. And Cooper Johns on the bench to give Croker a couple of 10 minute breathers. Less disruption and always good to have some speed in the Centres. We can get away with one slow Centre in Parker but not 2 with Harper. Cooper Johns would be sharp in dummy half and he has no problems putting his body on the line from what I have seen.

I would move Kaeo Weekes into the centres. And Cooper Johns on the bench to give Croker a couple of 10 minute breathers. Less disruption and always good to have some speed in the Centres. We can get away with one slow Centre in Parker but not 2 with Harper. Cooper Johns would be sharp in dummy half and he has no problems putting his body on the line from what I have seen.
Blake Taffe shrugged Cooper off very easily on Saturday, from what I have seen of Cooper his defence is an issue, would be further exposed in the middle.

But,but,but, Manly supporters don’t travel…..apparently.

Strange, I don’t recall the commentators mentioning this falsehood in the games they’ve played there.

Looking forward to seeing the Manly faithful packing out this lovely, historic ground.
All the games I’ve attended at Mudgee there has always been a real good showing of Manly fans I’d say they outnumbered the opposing fans every time but this one could be a little different cause it’s against Newcastle but there will be plenty of maroon and white there for sure

Blake Taffe shrugged Cooper off very easily on Saturday, from what I have seen of Cooper his defence is an issue, would be further exposed in the middle.
Well I thought he handled himself very well on the big stage in round 1. Played the full 80 mins Only 2 missed tackles, one error. No problems throwing his body on the line. I am more than confident that he is up to two short stints at dummy half. Plus he adds another dimension in attack with his kicking game. Nice crisp passing from what I saw.

I like Johns, but not as a back up hooker, he wouldn't be able to handle the defensive workload that's required. Lawton get's this spot hands down for mine.

harper, lame.. this choice dissapoints me, thought we were going to give young guys a go to prove themselves not players who have been sent to reggies due to performance. oh well.

TEAM LISTS
BACKS
Fullback for Sea Eagles is number 1 Tom Trbojevic

Winger for Sea Eagles is number 2 Christian Tuipulotu

Centre for Sea Eagles is number 3 Brad Parker

Centre for Sea Eagles is number 4 Morgan Harper

Winger for Sea Eagles is number 5 Reuben Garrick

Five-Eighth for Sea Eagles is number 6 Josh Schuster

Halfback for Sea Eagles is number 7 Daly Cherry-Evans

FORWARDS
Prop for Sea Eagles is number 8 Taniela Paseka

Hooker for Sea Eagles is number 9 Lachlan Croker