Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 32
Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if we don't see Harper. It's the least level of disruption to the team, as opposed to moving Garrick to centres where is is untested, mate.
Did you watch Harper in NSW Cup on the weekend? Could not have tried less.

Did you watch Harper in NSW Cup on the weekend? Could not have tried less.
Only saw a few minutes of the 1st half, I saw him make one sidestepping run. If he had a poor game that changes things, but my first thought was he's next centre up. If he doesn't work well, then Garrick or the kid.
Highly doubt Weekes will get it. He's valuable to us at 14 and ... he's not a centre

oh please not harper.. please... use fletcher myers, anyone! garrick to centre and vaega to wing, anything!
Not in the top 30 so cannot be used at this point.

They could ask for an exemption if Harper was injured , but he’s next cab off the rank like it or not.

So a coach needs to be in commentary to watch a game and take notes? I don't get it. If anything, being in commentary would detract from serious game planning
I never really thought about it until the Knights game. When Flanno was doing his bit in dissecting the game/tries, I just got the feeling he was putting the info into the "tips on the opposition" Monday team meeting cache. Or maybe it’s just me overthinking Flannos breakdown of play now he’s our assistant coach?o_O

But,but,but, Manly supporters don’t travel…..apparently.

Strange, I don’t recall the commentators mentioning this falsehood in the games they’ve played there.

Looking forward to seeing the Manly faithful packing out this lovely, historic ground.

Whilst Koula is a blow, there’s absolutely no excuse to not come away with a win against Newcastle.

We have a stronger forward pack and it’s a no contest when comparing both sets of halves.

This should also be a game we need to see a confident Turbo.

The Knights have been playing with heart and players like Miller have impressed, but if we have a new ‘Manly Mentality’ as a unit, we should dominate the contest.

Whilst Koula is a blow, there’s absolutely no excuse to not come away with a win against Newcastle.

We have a stronger forward pack and it’s a no contest when comparing both sets of halves.

The Knights have been playing with heart and players like Miller have impressed, but if we have a new ‘Manly Mentality’ as a unit, we should dominate the contest.
We have to get into the “ when one player goes down , another steps in to do the same job “ mentality.

We have some depth now , not heaps but it’s getting better.

Yeah ... our kick strategy and chase become even more important .... Miller is a very dangerous open field runner ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4