Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
42 4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Saturday 16th July 2022

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights: 5:30pm

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 42
Knights: 12

294259248_10159885848475993_1637513219329894635_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you rate Saab’s performance tonight? I thought it was one of his best - he seemed to come in off the long run for his hit ups tonight and didn‘t get rag dolled. Did the though stuff well.

He went well .. played strong and is learning to hit between players in his hit ups ... he wasn't tested in defence with much ... and I have always liked his enthusiasm.

It concerns me though that he didn't make more of his 2 opportunities when he got some space ... I would like to see him beat a man or stand one up.

PSS .. now that I answered you honestly I suppose I will have to take all the people misinterpreting my critique as some sort of put down .. it's not, he does what he does well, well .... and he does what he does poorly, poorly ...

He went well .. played strong and is learning to hit between players in his hit ups ... he wasn't tested in defence with much ... and I have always liked his enthusiasm.

It concerns me though that he didn't make more of his 2 opportunities when he got some space ... I would like to see him beat a man or stand one up.

PSS .. now that I answered you honestly I suppose I will have to take all the people misinterpreting my critique as some sort of put down .. it's not, he does what he does well, well .... and he does what he does poorly, poorly ...
He takes a while to wind up to full pace, that‘s for sure. Combine him and Koula and you might have someone who can beat Bolt’s world record!

In response to your PSS, you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t…. I understand your perspective on him though. The only thing I would say is that his hit ups have historically been poor, but tonight were very good. So I’m optimistic about what he might become.

Some champagne tries tonight - reminiscent of former eras :)
Yep, and it pains me to harp on about it, but I still can't believe we're breaking up one of the great halves partnerships of the last decade (possibly more) and letting Foran go again. It's not a matter of preferring Foran over Cherry or Cherry over Foran, it's just that as a combination they are up there with the greats. That try the two of them worked for Saab down the short side tonight was as close as rugby league will ever get to poetry. It was beautiful.

And I know some people will fault Foz for the way he left us originally, but surely that's all water under the bridge and all that matters is the football he helps the team produce. Besides which, even if we care about it, the players clearly don't. It's so rare to find a halves combination like this one, and it was almost a miracle we ever got to see it again. So to think of Foz ending his career at the Titans breaks my heart.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6