Manly v KFC [Round 16 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
if the NRL referees ever get their act together and stop the Rorters doing tunnel ball to get super fast play the balls in, and if they stop SBW at every tackle putting the ball down ahead of himself before he gets to his feet so he can walk off the mark and take the markers out of a play for a quick play the ball, the Rorters will be stuffed. If not, they win the 2014 season easy.

His side may be celebrating a 24-16 win over the team that vanquished them in the 2013 decider but Manly coach Geoff Toovey said one Roosters try had an unpleasantly familiar ring to it.

When Sonny Bill Williams made a strong charge at the Manly line, with the home side holding a slender 18-12 lead with less than 15 minutes remaining, he appeared to step off his mark and bobble the ball as he played it quickly to get the Manly defence backpedalling.

Then a quick flat pass from hooker Jake Friend sent Frank-Paul Nuuausala racing through a gap before another short flat ball sent halfback Mitchell Pearce on a run to the line to make it 18-16.

Manly captain Jamie Lyon immediately complained to the referees about Williams' play-the-ball, while the two flat passes in the lead-up left Toovey unimpressed after the game.

"It was maybe the Grand Final revisited with a couple of forward passes for that last try," Toovey said, making reference to a try the Roosters scored in their 2013 Grand Final win featuring a pass that looked to go forward.

"Maybe I'm the only one that can see it. That's the most disappointing thing; I don't think there was one penalty in the second half so I don't know what happened there either."

http://www.nrl.com/toovey-unhappy-with-refs-repeat/tabid/10874/newsid/79750/default.aspx

I will just sit here and be chuffed about a Manly win for today..

Big plans for tomorrow though. Feed the hungry, cure the sick, save the whales, put the bins out and take pity on anyone who intellectually challenged enough to support the rorters..

Yeah that's what I'm going to do.

Some God guy even took a day off.

Probs went to Brookie

Ok the right page,

10505502_10152159186951994_1761271159936255691_n.jpg

Me and the premiers

panash said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Here I am...well how lucky was I not being able to watch the game since being in cane toad land, we get the Bonkers game first and after a long night at work, I didn't feel like watching another game where your mob get piggy back penalties to get out of your area. Well I did start watching the replay here but when the refs ruled that the 'worm' didn't knock on when he took the bomb with his knees and bounced in the goal area along with those simple penalties your mob were getting, I knew straightaway this was going to be a gimme for you guys. Then I glanced at the NRL app to tell me the score and my fears were justified. How much did your mob pay the refs? Anyway, what a shame we wont be able to beat you 5 times like we did last year but am sure we'll meet again. We've played through adversity before and we're still in the 8 so don't open your cask wine yet as up to now, you've won zilch. Premiers are crowned in October, not March like souffs fan think or June like you guys think. I must say that it was a good day for upsets. First the Sharks beat the broncos and now Manly beat our gallant Roosters. There is something not right with the world today. Cheerio!
What short term memory the rorter fans have ???

i do remember that the rorters were given the GF last year because of the pinkies... ( lets not consider the handful of forward passes last night ) Politis knows when to put his hand in their pockets , last night wasnt one of them.

however this year is different , we have beaten you twice this year , and the major difference is that , you guys cant get any better while our team with injuries i may add , are still in 3rd gear..

If you cant get off the player after he is tackled ,what do you expect the ref to do " numb nuts "...

anyway , complain all you like you have lost twice to the team that not only were robbed in the GF last year , but has out played you both games.

Besides the result , the best thing i enjoyed watching last night was the unity in our team... terrific !!!!

after that brilliant try snake scored , the team hudddle was just great...

though i still think that the media has it right

- Watmough is going to parramatta
- Foran is going to bulldogs
- Stewarts cant stand DCE and dont wont to play with him..

Hey I'm not complaining about the penalties. It is what it is. We had to deal with it last year and we'll deal with it this year. I just wont watch a game where the ref are going to give the game to the opposition. And yes you've beaten us 2ice this year, how's that making you feel? I remember how many times we beat you last year(5 times) so no short term memory loss here. Oh yes there was so much unity in the seagulls last night, it was 'naughty'. You should have an R rating :D What happened in the team huddle, did the snake come out? :D . Just a few more round to go before we need to start ordering the champagne(not sparkling wine) and getting the ice. I hope you guys didn't go through all your coolabah casks last night?

As for Premiers... Speak for yourself. I enjoy coming in here, reading some comments, most are rational though some are very, very entertaining they should be published and listed in the fiction category at the library. They would make JK Rowling very envious. I also like Manly 'folks'. Some of my favourite squeegee guys are Manly fans and I look after them by throwing a couple of coins at them. Anyway, you may have won the battle, but the war ain't over yet, Manly fans. Hopefully, the finals wont have the referees on your side like you're having this year. I guess the refs are tired of having maddog 2V on their heels that they're just letting him off for now. Until our next chat.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Roger and Premiers come on here the morning after in order to pretend they merely had a passing interest in the game.

You both should be very proud of your club. Since we entered the comp you have managed to win half as many as the mighty Sea Eagles, which is a fantastic effort.

Roger_Ramjet said:
and we're still in the 8
That's the spirit!

Well it wasn't a passing interest thing. Unfortunately I couldn't get to watch it which is rare but it happens.
And you should be proud of your club even if they don't perform, you should still back your club. There now go and pat yourself on the back my friend I'll have one of my lattes.

eelcatcher said:
Ok the right page,

10505502_10152159186951994_1761271159936255691_n.jpg

Me and the premiers

Good to see you're sparing no expenses. Taking the missus out again? Go out and celebrate your good fortune, my lad!

I don't mind @Roger_Ramjet he's a funny bugger, @Premiers on the other hand is just a miserable Troll.

One thing is for sure , both sides will be facing off in the semis and possibly in the GF( when we can be assured Uncle Nick WILL have deposited the cheque into Shane " Rooster" Haynes account )

Until then guys , may the force be with you!!

@Premiers at the end of this year are you planning on renaming yourself "Semi-finalists" or start supporting Manly?

Mark from Brisbane said:
I don't mind @Roger_Ramjet he's a funny bugger, @Premiers on the other hand is just a miserable Troll.

One thing is for sure , both sides will be facing off in the semis and possibly in the GF( when we can be assured Uncle Nick WILL have deposited the cheque into Shane " Rooster" Haynes account )

Well that's good to know that 'I'm a funny bugger'...i try to. No point in getting angry in someones home. I believe in respect but if I don't get it back then all bets are off however I agree with you, we will meet again and I'm sure Nicos will have the refs sorted out. No point them having to live on tin can food with what you guys are paying them at the moment. After we sort them out, they'll be feasting on champagne & caviar and nothing will hold us back.

Roger_Ramjet said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Well that's good to know that 'I'm a funny bugger'...i try to. No point in getting angry in someones home. I believe in respect but if I don't get it back then all bets are off however I agree with you, we will meet again and I'm sure Nicos will have the refs sorted out. No point them having to live on tin can food with what you guys are paying them at the moment. After we sort them out, they'll be feasting on champagne & caviar and nothing will hold us back.

Back to the hen house with you. The rorters have had their once in a decade moment in the sun so off you go for another decade of trying to buy your way to glory. See you in 2023 while Manly's golden era of unquestionable dominance continues you pretenders.

mickqld said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Back to the hen house with you. The rorters have had their once in a decade moment in the sun so off you go for another decade of trying to buy your way to glory. See you in 2023 while Manly's golden era of unquestionable dominance continues you pretenders.

Well Mick, you're talking like a true QLDr...out of your derriere, but like I said before, you aint won nothing this year that you can 'crow' about so keep your hands in your pocket and enjoy yourself for now. :D

How long before Nick rorts breezer Blake out of his ban and back on the field. I'm guessing a couple more weeks. Greenturd accepts cash/cheques and all major credits cards. ;)

Everyone hates Easts.

I heard a great quote the other day.

'I've never seen a hater better off than me'.

So true.

When your mob finally catches up with our premiership tally, give us a shout.

Premiers, I support Manly and even I don't really like posting here.

How mentally deficient do you have to be to hate this team and still post here? Honestly, you could be the dumbest **** God ever shovelled guts into. If Abbott wasn't sucking funding out of education I'm sure every uni would be lining up to study you.

These Rorters fans are unreal.

When you get dusted in the penalties week in week out by every ref, look for the common denominator. In case it's too hard for you to figure out, it's YOUR freaking players.

At least your coach admits it. The real tragedy happened last year when after 6 months of incessant transgressing, you suddenly become almost perfect.

I'm just thankful I support Manly and not your mob.

Premiers said:

and how many of your 13 "Premierships" were determined by a Grand Final?

I'll tell you, ONLY 4 (1974, 1975, 2002 & 2013).

The rest were determined by where you finished at the end of season proper with the exception of 1911, 1923, 1935, 1936, 1940 & 1945 when you tied with another team and then played a final to determine the outright premiership winner.

Come back and spruik how good your team is when they have actually gotten a better Grand Final winning tally than us. :p

Premiers said:
Everyone hates Easts.

I heard a great quote the other day.

'I've never seen a hater better off than me'.

So true.

Here's a shout. F..K OFF IDIOT!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8