Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 7, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't say the win, on a slippery track at night you need patience and just keep rolling with your structures and persistence will pay off---not a DCE trait.
Slicker service from dummy half & Parcells speed in the ruck with key possession alone would have busted that game open.
As for DCE.... Off the back of a solid forward effort, Parcells Lightning service would most definately have given DCE the opportunity to create a few definately opportunities... that SAFE stuff you refer to was the way Eels could hang in & win...Manly needed more variation & unpredictability off quicker service...almost a certain win with those 2 there...but not 1 for excuses, good effort with poor options late & just fell short.

Very, very, very disappointed on so many levels.....! I

That BS try that was awarded to the worms from a blatant knock on was an absolute disgrace. The forward passes from the worms went into double figures. The high shots on our players were numerous and mostly went unnoticed.

Unimpressed with the refs and the way Jamie was spoken to.

Quite frankly the NRL can get stuffed, the worms are cheats and have been given a leg up. They are dirty grubs and if Lussick wants to laugh after that game with Forme, he can rack off.

Snake had another shocker, stuffed a try up and his defence was non existent. He looked pretty disinterested tonight.

I am so angry because we really could have had that one, so much was against us even some of our own players.....!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...........................!!

Has anyone noticed how slow Nate Miles is to play the ball.For some reason when i watch him play he looks to be moving like a snail.:)

Snakes no longer making an impact coming up the line whether it's cause he doesn't have dce to give him that inside pass.Secondly parras halves were running straight not sideways like us,drawing our player cutting out there decoy runner & kept coming close to scoring.How simple is that.

Manly had zero sixth tackle options.
Lyon should retire now, and has been found out too many times lately.
Eels too good fair and square boys.

We definitely looked better with Brown at dummy half than Leary.

Koroisau seems to have come to an impass. Doesn't know whether to run or pass the ball. His and Walker's 5th tackle options definitely need improving and it shows that we're missing DCE.

3 errors and 3 gifted tries :(

Considering our makeshift side, I was amazed at how well we defended for 75 minutes. :clap:

That try saver by Tred - worth the price of admission.:party:

Straighten our attack and we will have more to cheer than jeer :lightbulb:

Snake is gone - the body is not able to keep up anymore @:cool:

Happy to witness the evolution of the New Era.

Now for Greenturd to wipe the smiles of the Slime>:)

It could get worse.....

Jorge has a suspected fractured right collar bone. Who is in line to take the left wing if he's out for a while?

Wiliame?

Slicker service from dummy half & Parcells speed in the ruck with key possession alone would have busted that game open.
As for DCE.... Off the back of a solid forward effort, Parcells Lightning service would most definately have given DCE the opportunity to create a few definately opportunities... that SAFE stuff you refer to was the way Eels could hang in & win...Manly needed more variation & unpredictability off quicker service...almost a certain win with those 2 there...but not 1 for excuses, good effort with poor options late & just fell short.
It was a great effort and yes having both on the field is a positive but it was a grinding game i don't think they would of made that much difference, we have no attacking lateral structure that can hurt teams at the moment.

Parcell's sharpness may have created a little extra but the field was too slippery and enough stoppages in the game to keep the juices and energy topped up.

Lussick looks like he's really not up to this grade as well. Slow and cumbersome, and never gets back for second efforts.

CAN WE SELL LUSSICK BACK TO THE EELS PLEASE NOW !!@!

It was a great effort and yes having both on the field is a positive but it was a grinding game i don't think they would of made that much difference, we have no attacking lateral structure that can hurt teams at the moment.

Parcell's sharpness may have created a little extra but the field was too slippery and enough stoppages in the game to keep the juices and energy topped up.
Will never know mate, but thing is with Parcell unlike Brown who had a "solid" first half...that flash from dummy half with big Paulo/Moroa at marker or A defenders, would have caused chaos...those slippery conditions would hardly slow the zippy Parcell down. Agree it was a grind....due to our artillery...my point is having Parcell in that key position changes the entire attacking tempo in our favour.
Just hope the team can take merit from the first 70, learn from the last 10 & put in a solid 80 minutes next Monday.
Just on Myles....reliable type leader but his issue with those slow play balls...almost trying to milk penalties every tackle....you win it by landing on front & showing desire to get up quickly...gunna call him the milko soon.

The better team lost tonight.
Unfortunately the NRL is under instructions from Nine and Fox to let better rating teams like Pawa, Boncos and NQ to win so they can justify there 1.5 billion investment in the game. Get use to dodgy results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really think he's milking - he doesn't thrash about or kick and scream as you'd expect, just sort of lays there and lumbers up once the tacklers have peeled off. Very little fight once he is dominated, which is most times.
It's obvious he's not genuinely fighting in the tackle or maybe after 12 seconds would win the penalty, but if you watch 90% of the times he sloths to his feet, he motions to the ref that he is being held down....agree with you 100% though...unfortunately there's no struggle....

I think TB nailed it in the presser.

We had opportunities in the second half. Had we been able to score and make it 16-8, we would have beaten them. But as the say, coulda, shoulda, didn't.

Our forwards are going forward. Our defence had some serious sting in it. We're just lacking that deception and variation in the opposition 20. DCE will make a massive difference. Losing Parcell was huge too.

As I said to the Worm fans after the game, it'll all be for nothing when they end up on 0.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8